Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Annoying Ibis Hotel pop up ad
  • sputnik
    Free Member

On my iPhone 5, been going on for the last two days.
    When I click on a topic and it opens I get it popping up at the bottom of the screen.
    Not had this type of invasive ad before and it is starting to annoy!
    Anyone else?

AlasdairMc

Ah, so it’s not just me then…

smatkins1
    Free Member

It’s most annoying. Clicking on the cross does nothing, it keeps coming back!

sputnik
    Free Member

Interesting thing is that I can’t see the ad anywhere as a banner or whatever it is called along the sides or top or bottom . It is like it sneaks in from nowhere, probably not paying any revenue to STW?

u02sgb
    Free Member

I got a different ad, but yes – same taking up the bottom of the screen. It was on Chrome on Android so not particular to Apple.

If it’d only remember my Premier login so I don’t have to see them everything would be fine!

carlos
    Free Member

Currently got PayPal pop up going on, on the iPad 🙄

large418
    Free Member

How to kill them? They didn’t happen a week ago….

showerman
    Free Member

been happening here for over a month first started with national express coach add just makes me leave the site and go off else where.

Cougar

I’ve reported the issues to the tech guys. I can assure you it’s not intentional.

Drac

Reading reports on Google it’s not exclusive to STW. Seems similar problem to the old app pop problem.

DrJ

Reiss ad here 🙁

skinnysteel
    Free Member

National Express here. Really pissing me off.

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I just had Emirates video slide is way down from the top of the page.

john_l
    Free Member

Really effing annoying & seems to kill the ability to click on your profile too.

Cougar

skinnysteel > You’re a premium member, you should be able to switch off the STW advertising from within your profile settings. Does it still do it if you do?

Squirrel

I’ve got the Reiss ad too. Proper annoying. So I’m off.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Annoying as hell making me not use the forum just lately completely cocks up the iPhone and iPad screens but not a thing on a proper PC

It’s terrible, national express on mine, come stw sort it out I know you get
    Money from it, but at least make it less obvious and user friendly, it’s really really really quite infuriating trying scroll down them the scree goes back to the top and then a pop up loads every page

I’m out too

spooky_b329

I moaned about it yeesterday and reported the thread too. Incredibly frustrating to browse the site now.

showerman
    Free Member

paypal today

Gary_M
    Free Member

I raised the national express issue last week, now getting that and the ibis one although thats only on the main forum not when I open a thread. Iphone 5 too, pop ups blocked.

Pain in the arse and means I don’t use the site in the evenings/weekends

bruneep

Had the PP one for weeks
    👿

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Annoying Ibis Hotel pop up ad’ is closed to new replies.