Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Android geek required.
  • oyon
    Free Member

MMTracker has been kicked from Play Store. I would like to backup my already installed app from my HTC Desire and port it to my kindle fire – gmail account on both. (Also potentially reinstall on Desire after I mess with different ROMs!)

Anybody have a proven and freeware technique for this? I don’t have many paid apps and I don’t really want to buy this from a non-Play store.

Cheers,
    James

PrinceJohn

apps to sd?

I think there’s an app with that name – not sure if it’s free or not.

spooky_b329

One possibility is Titanium Backup Pro on the market, but it only works on rooted devices. My budget tablet is apparently rooted from the manufacturer but I imagine brand name ones aren’t. Do you use the same gmail account on both devices? You can share paid (and unpaid) apps this way.

Out of interest, have you tried any ROMs yet?

I did dGB for four weeks (very fast but very stripped out, had to install gallery and email apps from the market etc and the option to stop the trackball button from unlocking the device didn’t work so it kept unlocking in my pocket) Its a pure android ROM with no sense and I may go back to it.

I was missing the look of Sense so I tried Runnymede007 which I think is Sense 3.0 but that only lasted a few days as it was very laggy and kept freezing, requiring a battery pull.

Now using Aurora V6 which I think is a combination of Sense 2.5 and 3, seems much smoother and usable.

oyon
    Free Member

Title was somewhat misleading, I guess I am an Android geek (slightly) just haven’t run into this before since I have very few paid apps.

I used cyanogenmod on my rooted desire – new lease of life. Completely stable, been my daily for six months. I have a slightly flaky ICS ROM on the KF which works well 95% of the time.

How do I share apps via gmail account? Does google have some kind of app backup mechanism (it’s no longer in the market so I can’t just install as a recognised paid item.)

Thanks.

spooky_b329

On my tablet and my wifes Android we just used the same google account and the apps just come up as purchased. Not tried it with an item no longer available though. I have several apps that won’t show on the market on the tablet as they are incompatible.

bangermoose
    Free Member

I had this same problem when i got a new phone, think it was taken off the market after legal issues with ordnance survey. i did manage to find the app via a google search and install it that way, not through the market place. though only the free version which doesn’t have many of the features.

bangermoose
    Free Member

I had this same problem when i got a new phone, think it was taken off the market after legal issues with ordnance survey. i did manage to find the app via a google search and install it that way, not through the market place. though only the free version which doesn’t have many of the features.

clubber
    Free Member

easy.

download Astro which is a good file browser amongst other things

Then use tool > app backup to backup mm tracker

then find the file on the SD in the backup folder, select and share by email, dropbox or whatever.

I’ve got the mm tracker app too if you needed it.

DickBarton

Where else can you get MM Tracker from? I’ve got the maps but not the app…

stuartm555
    Free Member

Not sure – it seems to be gone from AndroidPit as well 🙁 I’ve emailed the creator to find out.

oyon
    Free Member

Good answers, cheers guys. Ended up buying Titanium after a two hour geeking session since it seems to be mega useful for other situations too (you can tell the missus is away…)

mark90
    Free Member

Will Titanium backup MMTracker on a non-rooted device? Having bought MMTracker from both google market and android pit for different devices I’m keen to back it up. Have tried a few apps to back it up including the above mentioned Astro but none of them seem able to as its a ‘protected’ app.

Cougar

If you want to install the app, you just need the .apk

http://hotfile.com/dl/173506935/a6aa00d/MM%20Tracker_1.10.4.apk

No backup / porting / buggering about required.

mark90
    Free Member

Nice one Cougar, I hadn’t managed to find a download for a recent apk

DickBarton

Braw, thanks…

stuartm555
    Free Member

Thanks Cougar 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Android geek required.’ is closed to new replies.