Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)
  • an Olympic failure again,
  • project
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-18991619

seems as if someone needs re educating on the correct flag and history of Korea.

mrmo
    Free Member

just seen it on the news, what next, it is just one error after another.

cynic-al
    Free Member

what would your life be without stuff to moan about?

druidh
    Free Member

The good news is that the RAF didn’t have to shoot down that commercial airliner today.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

It’s their fault for having such simular sounding names imo…..”North” Korea. ffs.

Why don’t North and South Koreas do everyone a favour and have the same flag ?

onehundredthidiot

If you want to moan about flags, wait until they start flying the Union Jack.

Boy, the pedants will be up in arms then I tell ya

jon1973
    Free Member

seems as if someone needs re educating on the.. history of Korea

Which ones are the goodies and which ones are the baddies? I always get confused.

Kit
    Free Member

what next, it is just one error after another.

Referring to the G4S cock-up? That makes two so far, unless there are more. And I’d be very surprised if there aren’t more to come, organising an event of this scale.

project
    Free Member

Which ones are the goodies and which ones are the baddies? I always get confused.

just depends which side of the border or flag you sleep under.

althepal

You mean the union flag, surely??
    It’s funny cos a colleague at work gave me the full story at work last night!

deluded
    Free Member

Not a massive big deal in the grand scheme of things, despite the tensions between the two countries. Perhaps this could be the first step in their unification.

Are Kazakhstan represented ? – hopefully they don’t show Borat singing the National Anthem.

project
    Free Member

what next, it is just one error after another.

Referring to the G4S cock-up? That makes two so far, unless there are more. And I’d be very surprised if there aren’t more to come, organising an event of this scale.

But theyve had a considerable amount of our money and a lot of time to get it right.

RobHilton
    Free Member

If I was patriotic I’d be riled by this:

They’re all over our village and I just don’t see the need; they could have just left the “real” ones up that were still there from the jubilee.

nealglover
    Free Member

The next couple of weeks are going to be awesome, for those people that like moaning about stuff, and love to dislike anything that’s considered “popular”

geoffj

If you want to moan about flags, wait until they start flying the Union Jack Flag

FTFY 😀

jon1973
    Free Member

Just remember, it’s all about the Coke sport.
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ib-Qiyklq-Q[/video][/video]

matt_outandabout

What’s the worst that could happen, I mean, it is only North Korea…not like they have nukes or anything… 😉

cynic-al
    Free Member

project – Member
    But theyve had a considerable amount of our money and a lot of time to get it right.

It must be the biggest, longest, most complex event ever held.

You, of course, would get it perfect? 🙄

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

What’s the worst that could happen

The North Koreans are rather good at staring.

Which personally I find a tad intimidating.

jon1973
    Free Member

Staring is a serious business
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjmUduvaRx0[/video]

grum
    Free Member

The next couple of weeks are going to be awesome, for those people that like moaning about stuff, and love to dislike anything that’s considered “popular”

Also a good couple of weeks for people who like to just blindly accept everything in the name of patriotism and not making a fuss. 😉

project
    Free Member

grum – Member

Also a good couple of weeks for people who like to just blindly accept everything in the name of patriotism and not making a fuss.

and for all those gulable people who think that a few games that could be played in the playground will somehow make uk plc all well and fixed, and that its not going to be a flop, and going to cost us a considerable anmount of money that we as a country cant afford.

daftvader
    Free Member

deluded….there was a shooging comp where the winner WAS from kazakstan…. instead of the real national antham they DID use the one from borat!! OOPS!!

deluded
    Free Member

daftvader,

Bloody Hells Bells – I was genuinely unaware of that.

The blunder apparently occurred after the event’s organisers downloaded the parody from the internet by mistake. They also got the Serbian anthem wrong.

😯 😀

daftvader
    Free Member

😀

Pook

there’s all the crap Arabic translations too….

thegreatape
    Free Member

onehundredthidiot – Member
    If you want to moan about flags, wait until they start flying the Union Jack.

Boy, the pedants will be up in arms then I tell ya

We have a winner!

althepal – Member
    You mean the union flag, surely??

EDIT – And a runner up.

geoffj – Member
    If you want to moan about flags, wait until they start flying the Union Jack Flag

tazzymtb

next fail

mikey74
    Free Member

For those referring to the Union Jack: The Admiralty declared that Jack/Flag were equally acceptable very early 1900s.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

The North Koreans are rather good at staring.

http://kimjongillookingatthings.tumblr.com/

molgrips
    Free Member

Well well well.

It should thus be noted that the jack flag had existed for over a hundred and fifty years before the jack staff came into being, and its name was related to its size rather than to the position in which it was flown

chewkw
    Free Member

How dare they make fun of Dear Leader 😡

You will be exterminated by death ray …

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Extermination, you say?

Well, it’s certainly better than being so ronery.

althepal

Can we just go back to moaning bout the ‘limpics?
    I was being tongue in cheek.. Had 7 hours of it from my mate at work the other night after her and her MIL fell out about it!!
    Edit- I was first- woohoo!!

kimbers

in the grand scheme of things its not that big a cock up and everyone likes to mock the n koreans

i suspect transport issues will provide more embarrassment

of more concern will be the ultimate fate of the multi billion pound olympic site, ive walked through the barren rusting wasteland of the athens one and its not encouraging

Klunk
    Free Member

i would like to know who thought it was a good idea to erect a rusty pile of scrap in the middle of the Olympic Park 😕

Ro5ey
    Free Member

“i would like to know who thought it was a good idea to erect a rusty pile of scrap in the middle of the Olympic Park “#

Yep they said that about the Eiffel Tower, Millenium Wheel and Dome.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

On the plus side, in the 54000 seat Hampden Park, there were only 15000 people, of whom only around 6500 paid to get in, so that’s not many people who have anything to complain about by being inconvenienced by some bunch of girls throwing a mini-flounce – and in true STW style, they were back soon anyway.

“i would like to know who thought it was a good idea to erect a rusty pile of scrap in the middle of the Olympic Park “#

Yep they said that about the Eiffel Tower, Millenium Wheel and Dome.
    the Eiffel Tower, Big Wheel and Millennium Plook are in the Olympic Park? is there any room left for athletes and spectators?

xcgb
    Free Member

I have been working with Locog and believe me this is a minor cockup in comparison 🙂

psling
    Free Member

of more concern will be the ultimate fate of the multi billion pound olympic site, ive walked through the barren rusting wasteland of the athens one and its not encouraging

Aren’t they going to create the London Grand Prix racing circuit there? Seems like a serious proposal/bid.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘an Olympic failure again,’ is closed to new replies.