Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Amsterdam – bar and restaurant recommendations
  • clubber
    Free Member

I’m off to Amsterdam soon for work and am after some suggestions for bars and restaurants. nothing too expensive, just decent food / beer. oh and work safe too please 🙂

staying around the centre of town at the Radisson Blu if that helps.

tia

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Work safe in Amsterdam? Pfft sit by the canal and feed the ducks..

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Bar – http://www.indewildeman.nl/index.php?lang=en&page=0 That is all you need to know!

Restaurant – http://www.caferestaurantvankerkwijk.nl/eng/11.html Lovely. No menu, but simply superb place to eat.

clubber
    Free Member

lol. I went on a stag do there years ago that was pretty civilized. you have to actively look for depravity imo…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – that bar looks grand. Plus, it’s right next to the red light district. 😉

anotherdeadhero
    Free Member

lol. I went on a stag do there years ago that was pretty civilized. you have to actively look for depravity imo…

You’re still cut up about that eh? We found you a midget in the end ffs …

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

That’s the only bad thing about it…! Best beer in town, bar none (Excuse the pun! 😉 )

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Yeah, I was looking for a decent place for beer last year when I visited, just ended up in the usual bars, drinking horrible Heineken.

It was my own fault really, should have done some research. I’ll put it down as one to visit next time mate!

slimjim78
    Free Member

theres plenty of depravity in the red light district especially by night.

I would heartily recommend The Rokery, there are a couple in the city but my fave is in the south/central disctrict of Leidseplein.Its the most chilled out coffee shop…so if you like that sort of thing you can shmoka da pancake to your hearts content. Go for a hot chocolate too after one of thier finest northern lights..

And try the bar in The American Hotel, also in Leidseplein. I met Ronnie Wood last time I had a drink there.

Rembrandtplein is a great area to bar hop and people watch too.

The best thing about central Dam, is you can walk to pretty much any part of it in 30 mins if you feel like it. Other wise just hop on a tram.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Other wise just hop on a tram hire a bike and get around like the locals do.

FTFY!

billysugger
    Free Member

One of those cities where you can never take enough ££££££££££££££££££ with you

mefty
    Free Member

If you want really cheap there used to be a brilliant shwarma (kebab) shop on the Rozengracht (near the Spanish restaurant) – kebabs made with freshly made Turkish bread absolutely perfect for a bar crawl.

Most of my knowledge is pretty old now as it is some time since I lived there the second time but the following bars did not change between my first two visits so probably still haven’t

Cafe de Jaren

Eatingcafé Het Molenpad

Oosterling

maxray
    Free Member

Was well gutted last time we went and Shexyland had closed down 🙁

clubber
    Free Member

lol @ adh 🙂

thanks all.

alanl
    Free Member

The Grand Cafe on Platfrom 1 of Centraal Station. Excellent food, at reasonable rates with a parakeet watching you.
    http://www.restaurant1eklas.nl/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Amsterdam – bar and restaurant recommendations’ is closed to new replies.