Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • AMERICAN CLASSIC MTB 29ER TUBELESS
  • cobbdu1
    Free Member

Anyone got these and have anything positive or negative to say about them please. I’m thinking of getting a pair. Best I’ve found is £300.

charliedontsurf

Get them. Because that is the wrong price. They should be £500.

But I would not be surprised if the dealer does not have them, and can not get them, or chooses not to sell them for a loss.

Great wheels by the way.

wwaswas

that is a good price – where from?

charliedontsurf

There is a £350 wheel set from AC called “terrain”… Make sure you get the right ones.

RDL-82
    Free Member

wwaswas – Member
    that is a good price – where from?

Possibly this one > http://www.tredz.co.uk/.American-Classic-MTB-29er-Tubeless_43022.htm

Jerome
    Free Member

Got them.
    Nice and light.
    I have barely ridden mine, but others in my grop have them, and no bad reports i am aware of.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind betting that’s just the rear wheel

roverpig

What does “colour: Raw” mean? I thought they were black or white.

GaryLake
    Free Member

They’re actually £599 for 2013, up from £499, and with no image available, I’d be very suspicious. Despite the £100 price hike I still think they’re great value for what they are though.

I believe the 2013 and 2012 wheels are identical aside from graphics. But I think 2012 saw a new rim design so I’d buy 2011 wheels with caution as well.

I’ve ridden 2012 26ers and 2013 29ers and they’re frankly superb wheels; very, very superb.

The 28mm rim width eclipses a lot of other so called All Mountain wheels, the 1760g weight eclipses a lot of so called xc wheels, yet I’ve had them down the FOD downhill trails and they’ve been nothing short of impressive. The real deal IMO.

cobbdu1
    Free Member

It was tredz, yes. Seemingly too good to be true.

khani
    Free Member

I’d ring em up and confirm the model, stock, and if it’s a pair.. If they are that’s a great price..

househusband

Looks like they’ve (Tredz) have removed that wheelset from their sales list..?

I was investigating them at work today and was put off once I saw the pawl engagement system with the cam plate; had a similar wheelset many moons ago and it was unreliable and not up to UK riding conditions.

GaryLake
    Free Member

househusband: FWIW I’ve done around 1000km since October in all conditions on them and they’ve been bullet proof so far.

househusband

Cheers, Gary. Went for some MT66’s in the end, seeing as CRC were kind enough to have a special offer over the weekend.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘AMERICAN CLASSIC MTB 29ER TUBELESS’ is closed to new replies.