Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Amazing packing from on-one
  • bigjim

They must have sent it out the door like this as there is no other way the frame can fit in the box they’ve used. Well you pays your money…

endurokid
    Free Member

That is really poor. I hope the frame/hanger was ok.

dknwhy

It’s like a glory hole for bikes. Pull that shit around here and it’ll have a mech on it in no time.

bigjim

Pretty sure it is bent, it’s certainly had a good scrape against something.

It’s like a glory hole for bikes. Pull that shit around here and it’ll have a mech on it in no time.

😆

lightman
    Free Member

My Fatty Trail frame arrived today, everything was perfect, but mine was a small frame.
    They probably used the same size box as mine, which is where the issue probably is.

Daffy

On the other side of the coin. I ordered 5 things from wiggle the other day, each arrived in its own (overly large) box with it’s own consignment number, all delivered by the same perplexed looking bloke.

Still, at least I got 5 packets of sweets…

And don’t get me started on CRC…chainlinks usually delivered by this:

Speshpaul

Old story but I had two Titus FTM frames from them then my money back.
    Both frames were dented and bent.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Probably my fault as my Scandal frame didn’t come with a drop out and they wanted to show you that they now send frames with dropouts, rather than call you a liar when you call them to say its not there 🙄

km79
    Free Member

You’re lucky it even came with a box.

Northwind

A mate of mine bought one of the cheap carbon frames, it arrived damaged, he sent it back in the same box and they complained it wasn’t packed suitably 😆

(otoh my C456 came with the dropouts not attached, to avoid this problem, but none of the hardware needed to fit them, so the frame sat unusable for a couple of weeks while they got their act together. Apparently it was the first time it had ever happened and they struggled to believe it could occur, though when it happened to some dude on bikeradar a month later it was the first time then as well and they were just as astonished)

pigyn
    Free Member

Wahdidyaget jim?

I don’t know what an X-B06 is 😀

I got an inbred 29 frame, it came in a messy damaged box, with no frame packing, covered in scratches and with a squashed dropout, with the stickers on from being returned from another shop already.

Replaced very quickly with a new one, that was packaged really well in the right sized box.

granny_ring

That’s a classic OP, they’re obviously pretty good with quality control in the dispatch dept.

I’m now expecting my carbon bars to arrive wrapped in tissue paper only.

MoreCashThanDash

Just had a beautifully packaged frame arrive for my lads Christmas present.

You obviously got the YTS packer!

bigjim

Probably my fault as my Scandal frame didn’t come with a drop out and they wanted to show you that they now send frames with dropouts, rather than call you a liar when you call them to say its not there

My lurcher didn’t come with dropouts either so at least I’ve got them this time, although possibly a bit bent.

bigjim

Wahdidyaget jim?

Parkwood 29, in a planet-x road frame box

pickle
    Free Member

That’s not great, My Evo 2 came in a really well packed On One box. I must admit i’ve never had any issues with anything I’ve had from them…..and I’ve had loads in my time.

shame that though

STATO
    Free Member

Parkwood 29, in a planet-x road frame box

I can beat that. my fatty came packaged like that, with a handy list of QC faults already written on the side. Made it easier to correctly fill in the return form I suppose.

dragon
    Free Member

Why do people buy from these monkeys? If it was Dave Hinde the lynch mob would be out but if it’s On-One or Planet-X its just a ‘one’ off mistake 😆

scotroutes

Coz it’s cheap. Just accept that they’re the cycling equivalent of Poundland and set your expectations accordingly.

Goldigger
    Free Member

Send the mech hanger back in that box, don’t forget to get on one to agree to refund your postage costs… 😀

belugabob
    Free Member

Surely it wouldn’t have taken too long to remove the hanger and tape it to the frame ( in bubble wrap )?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Surely it wouldn’t have taken too long to remove the hanger and tape it to the frame ( in bubble wrap )?

They would then forget to pack the longer mounting bolts , so you have a hanger with nothing to bolt it on with. Been there too……..

granny_ring

I take it back, bars and tyres arrived in a sturdy wheel box. Thanks. 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Amazing packing from on-one’ is closed to new replies.