Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Am I going to die in horrible splintery carbon doom?
  • tazzymtb

Right, this is the situation; a while ago I had a little oopsy on the bike which involved sliding down a road whilst sanding the end of my handlebars and my knee off.

I tidied the bar end up trimmed the damaged bit and gently sanded smooth and put it away in a safe place.

now the main points are it’s a silly light bar (salsa promoto carbon).

it’s going on a singlespeed so I’m going to be hauling all over it

it’s had a sliding impact rather than a full on slam into something.

So am I going to:

A- Be alright

B- End up holding 2 broken carbon sticks on the first grunty climb I come to and make a bit of a mess of myself

C- explode in a horrific carbony doom and enter the darwin awards as a complete spanner (still possible even if the bars don’t get me as the home bodged brakes or forks might well do 😕 )

MrSmith
    Free Member

it’s your face, and your nuts.
    use them, what’s the worst that can happen?

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

D. Explaining to the pretty nurse in A&E how the tube like object ended up shoved up your poopshoot

oink1
    Free Member

I’d go with them after a slide/grind, but what do I know eh? Your decision fella.

foxyrider
    Free Member

I nabbed a broken Easton Monkey lite bar of a good mate after the same happened but from the top of the car – 15mm had splintered off the bar end so I sawed 16mm of each end and stuck it on my HT race bike – been using it for a year now and all is well 🙂

tazzymtb

excellent so in general STW stylee the answer is yes/no/maybe/should be ok. 😀

At least if I tear my face off it’ll be an improvement in the looks department and the photos of my suffering will bring joy to all

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Am I going to die in horrible splintery carbon doom?’ is closed to new replies.