Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • am i being a grump …. staying in a hotel content!!
  • renton
    Free Member

right so im on a course for work and as there was no accomodation on camp im in a hotel.

the hotel is a best western(on rutland water) and isnt too bad to be honest, stayed here before in a different room though.

the room im in is above the kitchens and all ive had all day since 12 is thumping music through the floor.

its loud enough to be heard over the tv and the fan ive got sat next to me.

am i being unreasonble in wanting to phone reception to get them to turn it down??

or should i just mtfu?

cheers

steve

BigJohn

Did you have a BBQ lunch?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Tell reception you want your room moved. Unnaceptable

colnagokid

get them to move you

tails
    Free Member

Yeah tell them you wanna move. can you not go for a spin round the reservoir?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I'd be on the phone or asking for another room.

fatboyslo
    Free Member

Just ask to be moved to a quieter room, cite excesssive noise from staff work areas

Rickos
    Free Member

+50 million for getting moved to a different room.

renton
    Free Member

didnt think to bring me bike as i would be out now !!

going to give reception a ring!!

cynic-al
    Free Member

Want us to call them for you?

RustySpanner

Ask the receptionist to come up to your room.

Then, poo in your hand & throw it at the air conditioning outlet whilst jumping up and down shouting "The ****'* hit the fan deskmonkey, now get me the penthouse suite!'.

Ear plugs may be a more hygienic alternative.

lazlo53
    Free Member

i wouldn't be ringing the reception Steve, I'd go down and insist on a room move in person. You, or your business, paid for the right to have a peaceful stay. if you limit your complaints to a phone call you'll get yes sir no sir and little else. Go down and tell them how you feel and don't be timid about telling them what they're there for.

MSP

If they have no spare rooms to move you to, ask the receptionist if they can provide one of those special girls with the unusually large hands and feet, to keep you otherwise occupied.

Pook

+ ask for a free beer for the hassle.

brakes
    Free Member

Then, poo in your hand & throw it at the air conditioning outlet whilst jumping up and down shouting "The ****'* hit the fan deskmonkey, now get me the penthouse suite!'.

😀 heh heh heh

TooTall
    Free Member

If you are being disturbed during your time in the room, complain. If the 12 is midday, you are a malingering waster and whoever programmes your course needs to keep you far more occupied during duty hours. Or get on camp and listen to the sound of freedom taking off and landing – which is far louder!

renton
    Free Member

too tall i popped back for lunch at 12 midday and the music was going some then!!

camp im working at has no runway so cant listen to the sound of freedom bud!!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘am i being a grump …. staying in a hotel content!!’ is closed to new replies.