Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Aluminium photos, your feedback please
  • squiff
    Free Member

I have been experiementing with my mountain bike photos and printing them onto brushed aluminium sheets. Here are some photos. Just like to know what people think of them. Black is the best colour to use as if you starting using lighter colours you start to lose them against the light grey aluminium.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

tacopowell
    Free Member

What’s the process?

khani
    Free Member

They look really good, 😀 really really good in fact. Would make a great pressie if done with photos supplied by the customer.

squiff
    Free Member

tacopowell

Sublimation is the process, people can email a picture and the above is the out come

ski
    Free Member

That has a amazing lith look to it, again, what’s the process?

Do you have the option to use different finishes to the aluminium, say a brushed finish?

Its not Ton in that picture on the right is it? 😉

khani
    Free Member

people can email a picture and the above is the out come

Ooooh.. Price, ish?
    Not right now but I’d be interested in one in a bit,

squiff
    Free Member

lol, no the pictures are me.

options will be white, brushed al, mirror al and mirror gold, brushed copper, silver mat etc

khani
    Free Member

If for any reason you don’t want to put an (ish) price on here my mails in my profile

meehaja
    Free Member

I was going to ask about copper, but you’re on it. I’d be interested in this, that looks cool as!

squiff
    Free Member

khani
    I will put prices on here, this could change as the photo above are blutac on the wall, not sure how people could hang them yet.

The big Aluminium photo is 11 x 11 inches £17.99 including P&P
    The small aluminium photo IS 6 x 4 inches £8.99 including P&P

The biggest I can print too is just under 13 x 19 inches just over A3 size

DrP

My one concern is..would the photo on the right continue to grow until it took over the whole wall, or does it have a finite size…?

DrP

Fueled
    Free Member

Looks great. I got similar done on brushed aluminium dibond here:
    http://www.posterxxl.co.uk/products/alu-dibond/your-photo-on-alu-dibond.html

I found that shading didn’t work as well as I hoped, detail got lost. I love the the monochrome silhouette approach though, good work.

khani
    Free Member

Ill have one asap when you can then, the 11×11 is perfect, post up when it’s going to happen

squiff
    Free Member

My one concern is..would the photo on the right continue to grow until it took over the whole wall, or does it have a finite size…?

lol, no it stops

squiff
    Free Member

fueled
    Ive worked with dibond before, very nice but expensive.

And thanks for the nice feedback everyone

midlifecrashes

They do look good, but might be improved with a tad more Emily Batty/Willow Koerber. 😆

squiff
    Free Member

Here are the colours that work the best on the brushed Aluminium. Darker colours will work the best

RDL-82
    Free Member

Impressed with that.
    I’d also be interested in one when you ready.

squiff
    Free Member

If anyone would like to email me a picture i will give it a go.

email breezedesignATliveDOTcom

righog
    Free Member

These ace !! Probably a market for quite a few sports. I would be interested just need a a decent picture.

and lol…at DrP, I like most my purchases to be of a finite size.

matto
    Free Member

squiff – Member

If anyone would like to email me a picture i will give it a go.

email breezedesignATliveDOTcom
    Posted 1 minute ago # Report-Post

Id be interested in one ill have a rummage though my pics and send one to you email.

squiff
    Free Member

I can make them free standing too.

squiff
    Free Member

Just an update for people and prices for the Aluminium photos.

matto
    Free Member

@squiff how much for one that is free standing?

d45yth
    Free Member

Don’t want to seem like a member of the STW spelling police, but there’s a few typo’s in your ad.

squiff
    Free Member

@matto
    they are the same price as hanging ones, forgot to mention that.

@d45yth
    Am dyslexia hense why I am a graphic designer, less spelling lol, but I should check first but I still miss them

squiff
    Free Member

I have emiled the people who were interested in the Aluminium photos with details about them

bullandbladder
    Free Member

Loving these, definitely interested. What sort of turnaround time are we talking? Oh, and will they arrive ready to hang?

squiff
    Free Member

bullandbladder

I will send you the details, turn around will be pretty quick, yes they will be ready to hang?

nwill1
    Free Member

Don’t want to be a hater but….they make a poor to average photo look half decent. They’re also a bit of a gimmick the kind of thing that looks good now but in a year or so you’ll think they oks ghastly!

squiff
    Free Member

nwill1
    I understand they wont be everybodies cup of tea and yes people change there mind over time but this can be said about anything in the world

nwill1
    Free Member

True, if you like them though the price is very good 🙂 I suppose they are more graphic than photographic & I’m an old skool purest.

squiff
    Free Member

Funny you should say graphic and photographic as that is what I did at uni graphics and photography

nwill1
    Free Member

I’m a purest I just did photographic although I take my hat off to graphic designers, something I can’t do.

bullandbladder
    Free Member

nwill1, What’s wrong with making a poor or average photo look decent? Most mortals are poor to average photographers. I certainly am. 🙄

Northwind

I like that… And I’ve got loads of average photos of me racing but no great ones.

But I’m afraid aluminium will be too stiff, can you do me one on 853? (if only there was some sort of carbon-based photo material!)

squiff
    Free Member

northwind

What is 853?

brakes
    Free Member

I’m thinking this for the shed…

EDIT: 853 is a type of Reynolds steel tubing used for bikes

squiff
    Free Member

brakes just for you. could do thing a better picture

brakes
    Free Member

haha!
    shame, probably too much noise in the background?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Aluminium photos, your feedback please’ is closed to new replies.