• This topic has 21 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Alternatives to Endura Singletrack shorts
  • stayhigh

Morning all

I need to get some new shorts and having read various things here and elsewhere about stitching failure and poor sizing i wondered what else was worth looking at. Ideally I’d like something with a decent liner, fit over 661 KS knee pads and a budget of around £45.

Cheers 🙂

mdb
    Free Member

I just got some Fox Sergeant Shorts and they are ace. On sale at Evans.

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Just bought some Endura Burner shorts & they seem a good alternative but to soon to comment on longevity.

rootes1

mavic

mlke
    Free Member

Endura have been good for me and excellent in my experience with returns so I’ll be sticking with them

ollie
    Free Member

Endura have been good for me and excellent in my experience with returns so I’ll be sticking with them

Same here, Never had a problem with Endura sizing or quality.

Stuey01
    Free Member

I just got some Fox Sergeant Shorts and they are ace. On sale at Evans.

+1

The liner is shite though. I wear them over some gore bibshorts, much better.

stayhigh

I had a look at the Sargeant shorts but there a bit to pyjama ninja for my liking and the Mavic shorts are too expensive. I may just plump for pair of Humvees as a friend has just been raving about his.

Stuey01
    Free Member

You’re right, they’ve changed the design on the new Sergeants, don’t like it as much as the two year old ones I have.

steve_b77
    Free Member

MT500’s, Humvees and Singletracks are all ace IMHO, not had a problem with either

campfreddie
    Free Member

free pair of altura shorts (with liner) with 6 months subscription to MBUK magazine which is about £21.

bargain 🙂

stayhigh

Bargain price but I need them for next weekend and I’ll be stuck with MBUK for the next 6 months and thats far to much Doddy for my liking lol

MentalMickey
    Free Member

Lycra. 😆

gusamc
    Free Member

fyi endura burner

see ebay 31.50

teef
    Free Member

Get baggies without liners and buy some proper lycra shorts to wear underneath. As bloke in shop said to me this week a decent pair of lycra shorts are min £30 so it’s no wonder liners supplied with £45 baggies are no good.

Phatman
    Free Member

Sugoi Gustavs, best trail short in the world IMO

Northwind

Altura Whateveryoulikethecolourof. My 2 pairs of Mayhems are good as new 3 years in, and my Attacks have a wee rip from a decent size crash while racing but otherwise faultless, still waterproof. Top kit.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

cyclestore have bargain endura burners at the moment

http://www.cyclestore.co.uk/productDetails.asp?productID=16815&categoryID=313

£30!

stayhigh

Good price but “mesh drop liner” sounds a bit too much like testicular strangulation to for my liking 😉

winterfold
    Free Member

The Endura padded jersey boxers plus any shorts you like works for me.

The abuse I get when I wear Aussie Ranger style hotpants with is such a big plus

jonnyrockymountain

Ditto northwind

jedi

dakine for me. the long ones are stoopid long though 🙂

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Alternatives to Endura Singletrack shorts’ is closed to new replies.