Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Alps Biking Holiday Travel Insurance Recomendations
  • boltonjon

Hi guys

I’m embarking on my first ever Alps MTB trip in late June and need to get some travel insurance sorted out.

Can anyone recommend a firm who they have used, and more importantly, successfully claimed on?

If worse comes to worse, i don’t want to end up a couple of grand out of pocket for medical bills which the ‘insurance’ firm found ways to wiggle out of

Cheers

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whichever you choose read the small print. Excess tends to go up with the severity of the riding.

I have used dogtag, seems good and clear on sports involved. Got annual policy as it covers me when I’m away for the weekend too.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Dogtag and Snowcard usually come recommended – I use Snowcard myself as it lets you specify up to £3k of biking equipment cover. Never had to claim yet though…

If you’re relying on a more standard travel insurance policy I would recommend getting in touch with the insurers and asking whether they will specifically cover DH riding – if you get stuck up a mountain you will need a heli-lift.

boltonjon

thanks for the advice guys – i’ll check out dogtag

unstableJ
    Free Member

Check what you’re already covered for, my kit’s covered by my household insurance and I’ve a general holiday cover with my bank account.

These guys let you be pretty specific about what you need and sell “top up” insurance which might be right for you:

Sports Cover Direct

scraprider
    Free Member

Soz thread hijack , what holiday firm are you going with.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I just went with Oinc as they cover unspecified “mountain biking” in my annual multitrip. I trust them to get me off the mountain in winter, so why not?

boltonjon

No worries about the thread hijack

We’re not using a firm – a mate of mine has organised the logistics. All i have to do is get the car, a mate and lots of bikes to the Passportes and then ride.

Rumour has it is that there may even be some accomodation for us….. 😀

scraprider
    Free Member

ah no probs , have a great time , oh loads of pics when you get back cheers.

coogan
    Free Member

Snowcard.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I was with snow card when I shoved planet earth with my shoulder after bailing a very severe drop part way down.

Thankfully it was 3pm on my last day of my first Alps trip, 😀

Anyway, Snowcard refunded me the hospital treatment costs quickly and efficiently.

In other Alps trips II have also used Dogtag ( because I liked the idea of carrying dogtags with the insurance details on) but thankfully haven’t needed to claim off them.

toys19
    Free Member

I use insure and go, they define mtb as fine as long as you are on a track.

theotherjonv

as long as you are on a track

I’ve seen Boltonjon ride. He’ll be ‘on’ a track, but I’m not saying how many different locations his skin and body parts will occupy on that track simultaneously.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Alps Biking Holiday Travel Insurance Recomendations’ is closed to new replies.