Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Alpkit Jaran tent
  • charliemort

Any opinions on these. A bit of 2 person bikepacking, or as a reasonably spacious tent for things like dyfi enduro…..

jam-bo

I’ve spent a night in one. Wasn’t too impressed. Light, cheap, bit flimsy, inner first pitching. I think the guy who’s it was sent it back.

hummerlicious
    Free Member

I’ve got one of these, I used it last year for a two person trip to paris and back, it’s nice and spacious. Two full size sleeping mats will go in and it’s nice you each have a door.

I’m using it for the tour divide this year…..

hummerlicious
    Free Member
    matt_outandabout

Interesting. That looks a loose a pitch as my Alpkit Delta. Is the inner floppy as well?

jam-bo

I take it back. It was an ordos2. Still shite though…

CraigW
    Free Member

How waterproof is it? The specs say 1200mm waterproofing, which seems to be a lot less than other brands. Anyone tried one in proper wet weather?

matt_outandabout

My Beta is a faff to pitch, and like all tents with such light flys, sags badly when wet. The inner is too lose.

But

It has stood up to a good dose of iffy weather so far, with just a small hole on the (thin) groundsheet. No worse in many ways to most uber light tents. And mine cost me £50 and weighs chuff all…

hummerlicious
    Free Member

It pissed it down the night that picture was taken and it didn’t leak

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit Jaran tent’ is closed to new replies.