Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Alpkit Big Shakeout
  • oxym0r0n

Anyone going?

It’s our first time…

– Children booked into outdoor adventure explory thingy
    – Mrs oxym0r0n booked in to a Ladies MTB course
    – Me… just booked in to fuelling and training for endurance bike-packing onthe Saturday evening

Hoping to get out for a ride into the Peaks with some similar riders (rather than the “suitable for beginners who have a bit of off road experience” ride)

Anyone else?

tuskaloosa
    Free Member

Looks like a great time…Do you know when tickets to this normally goes on sale will need to bookmark for next year

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Oh my god that looks so awesome. IT LOOKS SO AMAZING oh my god. I want to do it!OH MY GOD THEY HAVE ART OF BIKEPACKING LESSON THING. LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN. I really want to go but everything is sold out. And I’m doing London to Brighton on the 26th (fingers crossed) but you’re very lucky to get to go there! Can you book tickets in advance? For like next year or the next event? I want to go there and do everything!! Also, endurance bikepacking sounds awesome, who is that with? Doesn’t seem to be on the school of adventure bit?

@Tuskaloosa they seem to still have tickets availible for the event on the website, but most of the courses are sold out. Some really good looking ones are still left though (:

edit: found it, is the training one? Looks like so much fun, hope you have an awesome time!

oxym0r0n

officerfriendly – 😯 😆

Tuskaloosa – I think you can sign up to a newsletter from Alpkit – it was my BIL who organised everything for us. Tried to go last year, but it was cancelled

officerfriendly
    Free Member

I’m just so excited I couldn’t contain myself! Looks amazing, never seen anything like it before. Problem is I don’t tend to get good responses when I show my excitement LOL.

DavidB
    Free Member

To tone it down a bit for you officerfriendly, I am doing a talk there on the cycling year record. 10pm Saturday somewhere ..

oxym0r0n

I’m just so excited I couldn’t contain myself! Looks amazing, never seen anything like it before.

You should also check out the Big Bike Bash in the New Forest August bank holiday, esp if you have children!

Onzadog
    Free Member

When is it? Sounds like it’s actually pretty close to us.

evh22
    Free Member

More riding sounds like a good idea. Am thinking mini tweedlove with low key guided ride outs with locals. Could you drop alpkit a line with a suggestion? A bit too late for this year but maybe next year? It’s a good location to ride from your tent doorstep.

oxym0r0n

When is it? Sounds like it’s actually pretty close to us.

Next weekend 😀

Agreed evh22 – TBH I have been a bit slow at organising myself – having not been before I should have looked at what was going on in a bit more detail before now! (I have wife, children, BIL and wife’s 2 cousin’s families with us too so it’s trying to manage everyone’s expectations!)

evh22
    Free Member

Here’s the email address if you fancy suggesting it.
    alpkit@alpkit.com

Have fun. Take some warm clothes.

Can suggest a nice route? Along Monsal trail to Miller’s Dale, get off the railway at hte train station, go under the bridge, up the hill and join a green lane which heads to Brushfields. Down the fun and slippy descent to rejoin the Monsal trail. Then go back along it and exit where you joined it at thornbridge. Go through Gt Longstone, head to Hassop, take the bridleway south of hassop, to pilsey. Either take the scenic route through Edensor and up the green lane, or skip this (the green lane climb isn’t great) and go directly to the appropriately names Ballcross farm, down the muddly bridleway to Bakewell then rejoin the monsal trail back to the start. You can extend it by exploring Chatsworth or even Youlgreave if you have time.

It’s a figure of 8 so if you are pushed for time you could do a quick loop each day. It’s not that technical and some reasonable road-ish sections but nice scenery and fun offroad bits.

Also bits north of Great Longstone are fun, up to Eyam, but lots of quarry tracks.

MoreCashThanDash

If you subscribe to Alpkit newsletters, you get lots of advance warning!

A mate went a couple of years ago and loved it. Bit late in the year for us soft campers….

oxym0r0n

Thanks evh22 – Any chance you have a gpx/Strava of that route at all?

DPM

Yep – we’re going. It will be our third time and has always exceeded expectations so far. A fantastic, inspirational, chilled out, fun, relaxed, beery, dancy, foody, outdoorsy great end of summer. Every year we have taken more people with us. This year we have a merry gang of 12 🙂

If the weather is good we are planning bike packing over there too.

evh22
    Free Member

No sorry. I’m old school and use a map .

jayoram
    Free Member

Hey Guys –

Tickets are still open for sale for the weekend (I work at Alpkit)

Some courses still available, we have a bikepacking area, Stuart from BearBones, Ian Barrington and Greg May will all be around there and as the festival is so laid back I can organise a guided ride for you, or just a meeting point and a map?

Let me know,

Would be great to see as many of the Singletrack possy as possible at the Alpkit Big Shakeout 🙂

Drop me an e-mail on jay@alpkit.com with any ideas or if you need any more information,

Jay

oxym0r0n

Thanks Jay – really looking forward to it (apart from the 5 hour drive!)

A guided ride would be great, if others are keen!

I’ll drop you a mail…

DPM

Yeah – sun is out, forecast is good, bikes are packed. Big Shakeout weekend is here 😀

Cowman

Were off, cant wait. Did the year before last.

Really looking forward to it. Forecast has devoured the brave too!

oxym0r0n

Cold night. Come on Sun! Anyone fancy a ride as I came with no other riders 😐

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit Big Shakeout’ is closed to new replies.