Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • All you Cranham riders who may still use the Shrine!!!!!! WARNING
  • Dimmadan
    Free Member

Was out for a walk this afternoon and was interested to see if there had been anyone riding the Shrine so decided to walk it.

Firstly I have to say that there were lots of tyre marks and as it was very wet there were some very fresh ones.

But when approaching the main shrine mound at the top of the trail I found all of these!!!!!!!!!!!! Looks like Jim is back! So if you are doing a little off plan riding be carefull. These were not just dropped but many were placed point facing up propped up against roots and rocks.

mrmo
    Free Member

doesn’t surprise me,

jameso

Protect a historic site by littering it with nails, nice.. I got a flat on that spot a long time ago, before I realised it was a longbarrow.

Why not just have a sign there highlighting what it is, and avoid riding on that small spot?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Speeder

Might be worth relaying this to Roger and the other liaison people as I strongly suspect that the Tysons will be as unimpressed with that as they are the riding. Imagine the claim if someone stepped on one …. kind of highlights the ridiculousness of the current situation.

DarrenH

I have been tempted but have avoided having a go on the shrine (so far).
    nice to see Jimbo’s still alive and well 😕

mrmo
    Free Member

i am only avoiding the whole area because riding in the wet is doing no one any favours.

tracks cut up, we should be on best behaviour to avoid damaging the tracks, etc.

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

I picked up half a carryer bag full of nails and tacks like that in Dec 09 from the top of the mound.Used the racetrack saturday and crossed over by the top of the shrine to the road looked well used.Not as well used as some of the main tracks by the shrine by horses.So they have no problem still!!!!!!!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Will pass to Roger now

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Imagine the claim if someone stepped on one …. kind of highlights the ridiculousness of the current situation.

NO claim against the landowner possible. (unless you can show they put them there or knew they were there and did nothing about it)

I do so wish people would stop perpetuating this myth.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

I for one am sick of this whole Cranham business and let’s be honest, it’s not that good a riding spot now is it!

Shame it turned out like this but G’shire is full of selfish chunts!
    Much like everywhere else I could vaguely imagine. 😆

grahamh
    Free Member

I for one am sick of this whole Cranham business and let’s be honest, it’s not that good a riding spot now is it!

You do realise that you will be burned at the stake for that blasphemy 😉

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Seems stw folk like burning their own so bring it 😉

mrmo
    Free Member

I do like Cranham, but it has a very definite season and i really don’t get some peoples belief that there is no where else to ride. Cranham is a place for dry weather, for warm weather, for when the blue bells are out. It certainly isn’t a place to go in the winter when the ground is wet.

I know others disagree.

alfabus
    Free Member

mo +1

Cranham is great in the dry and best avoided in the wet. It is also a cracking ride in the depths of winter when it is frozen solid 🙂

Dave

dobiejessmo
    Free Member

Yes Cranham has always been like this.Better now its had alot more felling done in there.Back in the mid 90s never went in there till June.If its wet no let up in there.As said great when dry waste of time if its very wet.

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I’m assuming Cranham is currently a bog – has anyone been up there this week? If so what are the conditions like?

maccruiskeen

Wet weather is making it quite difficult to burn the blasphemers, and some tink has nicked all my nails. How the hell am I supposed to keep them stuck the the stake? Blu Tack? Worst Solstice EVER!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘All you Cranham riders who may still use the Shrine!!!!!! WARNING’ is closed to new replies.