Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Alfine 11 hubs – where did they go?
  • packer
    Free Member

Does anyone know if the initial shipment of Alfine 11 hubs arrived in the UK yet, and if so which shops actually got them?

All the shops I have spoken to said they did not get any and are now expecting them in January.

Wiggle’s site said they were expecting them late October, but that has now changed to January – I don’t know if that’s because they sold out immediately or they didn’t get any either.

Anyone got one or can shed any light on this?

packer
    Free Member

Yeah, I was following that thread. Last post was two weeks ago though and I think the initial shipment may have arrived since then, but if so I have yet to determine which shops they went to.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Well, all I can say is that Wiggle have confirmed to me that the predicted delivery date for my silver 32 hole hub and associated gubbins is now late Jan, so I wonder if any of the initial shipment has made it to retail/it’s gone as OEM product for 2011 bikes.

I’m wondering if getting the second batch might not be such a bad plan – any obvious production niggles will have been sorted by then….. that’s what’s keeping me going at the moment anyway 😉

packer
    Free Member

If you ordered from Wiggle fairly early on then I guess that’s a good indicator that they haven’t received any yet at all.
    And I suppose if Wiggle don’t have any then it’s unlikely that anyone else does either.
    Looks like we’re all waiting until next year for them then… 🙁

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Yep, pre-ordered as soon as they appeared on the site hoping that their buying power would mean they got some first. Still have the option of cancelling and getting it cheaper elsewhere, but as stock looks like being a bit thin for a while, I think I’d rather pay a bit more and have it ASAP than try for a better price and be at the back of the queue again.

Mister-P
    Free Member

There have been no aftermarket Alfine 11 speed hubs delivered into the UK that I know of.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

So there you go then – straight from the horses mouth, as it were…..

Mr P – out of interest, do you know if end-of-Jan is accurate for aftermarket/retail delivery…. or is the length of that piece of string still an unknown quantity?

Mister-P
    Free Member

The string appears to be made of stretchy rubber I am afraid.

bristolbiker
    Free Member

Thanks – as I feared then. Time to sacrifice a few more virgins……

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Alfine 11 hubs – where did they go?’ is closed to new replies.