Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Aiston bike racks
  • fergusd

I've seen these mentioned and would like a 2 bike wheel support rack, they seem well priced compared to pendle for example . . . anybody have any decent pictures of one, does the mounting plate sandwich between a 2 bolt towball and the towbar or are they bolted onto the ball itself ?

I've tried pinging Aiston an email but no response, which I guess isn't a great start . . . hence the question . . .

Fd

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

I'll try and get you a couple of pics tomorrow night, but I'm well impressed with mine – slightly "agricultural" looks but perfect function.

Yes. it bolts on through the two bolt holes – will show more with the photos.

kitebikeski
    Free Member

You will need to give Brian Aiston a call. I found he doesn't really do e-mails. Top bloke, couldn't be more helpful. I got a 4 bike wheel support rack – ditto the comments above. Sold it on so can't get any pics sorry!

Wharfedale
    Free Member

No pics to hand sry. But yes mounting bracket sandwiches between the towball and towbar arm/plate using the 2 bolts. Rack then slides into a square mounting hole on the mounting bracket.

Top guy and a top quality rack. Best to phone him, even then he can be hard to get hold of as he does some mega miles on his road bike (not bad considering I think he's in his late ish 60's) He runs the business from home so it's not like dealing with a shop etc.

I can't see myself ever having to change this rack it looks like it will last forever. Proper good old fashioned British engineering. None of this plastic and aluminum rubbish.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Right, heres half of my two bike rack (special order, but means you dont need the twin one on all the time for only carrying one bike – second unit slots in when needed)

fergusd

Excellent, exactly what I was looking for, thanks

Fd

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Aiston bike racks’ is closed to new replies.