Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • AGH what have i done – android help sharpish!
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Sold my desire on ebay last night, it is rooted using a custom rom. I pressed the factory reset to clear all data option in settings, it rebooted, now its stuck on a screen with the word “android” on it.

Any ideas?

D0NK

reinstall the back up you made when you rooted it?

You did backup right?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

get the ROM from the HTC Tech/Dev site and try that?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

got the rom here on the PC but did it so long ago i have forgotten what to do!! The SD is in tact i.e. not wiped

rob-jackson
    Free Member

right i am au fait with what to do now but the trackpad button is refusing to work, any ideas as this seems integral in the recovery mode

cloudnine
    Free Member

I’m glad its not just me that does these things.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

**** ed off is an understatement

sadexpunk

im trying to think back to when i rooted an old desire, and thought the trackpad didnt work, and realised i should have been pressing the ‘power’ button to select. im assuming youre in ‘recovery’ yes?

EDIT: oh, and i hope you did a ‘nandroid’ that you can go back to?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

power button for option one and then trackpad for menu 2

How long should a factory reset take?

sadexpunk

not long at all, just a few minutes at most.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

not 15 minutes and still going?

sadexpunk

hmmm i cant say for sure, but i dont think anything ive ever done with my phone took that long tbh. is it still going?

sadexpunk

funnily enough my wifes desire is playing up now, so just about to reflash original rom. just done a data wipe/factory reset, took about 2 seconds. so it seems theres a prob with yours :-/

rob-jackson
    Free Member

can i flash a rom using my PC rather than the phone as the trackbutton is not working!

sadexpunk

not that i know of mate, ill have a google and see if i can find owt out. whats happeneing with phone right now?

jeffl

If you’re in recovery you should be able to use the volume rocker to navigate the menu and another button to make the selection.

dragonphoenix
    Free Member

winrya
    Free Member

Might be way off the mark but the missus was updating her one x a couple of months ago and it was stuck on the android screen for ages doing nothing. Turns out that HTC phone wont complete updates or restores when plugged into the mains?! Unplugged the cable and in continued to complete the update.

glenh
    Free Member

Download this:

Original/stock ROM installer

Plug your phone into your computer with the usb cable and run the installer.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

With all theze android moby threads your making,,,

I will now point out you need a Nokia as these are simple or is that for simple folk.

Cougar

If you’ve changed the radio with your new ROM, you may have problems reverting to stock; the two have to match.

I’d suggest reflashing the ROM currently on there.

CountZero

With all theze android moby threads your making,,,

I will now point out you need a Nokia as these are simple or is that for simple folk. 🙄

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Fact nonetheless.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

still stuck due to the select button not working 🙁 Need to flash a rom from pc via USB. Anyone help?

rob-jackson
    Free Member

glen it didn’t work as this assumes i have the stock rom on it and i have RCMixS_v2.0_A2SD+_BravoHboot

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Well my desire HD is top of the world to ya!

😈

rob-jackson
    Free Member

good for you

rob-jackson
    Free Member

sorted 🙂

Swelper
    Free Member

I feel for you man.

The initial dread when something like that happens is awful, i had a similar issue with an iphone

Glad your all sorted though

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘AGH what have i done – android help sharpish!’ is closed to new replies.