Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • aftermarket pads for hope x2
  • swompy
    Free Member

Im tempted by some of the deals on aftermarket pads for x2s, just a little concerned as to their effectiveness and durability, would appreciate advice on these, and if they are worth buying , which brand and where from for best value. also which brands to avoid.

hilldodger
    Free Member

I’ve used Superstar kevlar pads in my Hopes all through the winter, no issues with fit or performance….

1969pedalpusher
    Free Member

+1 for Superstar, but I have been using sintered due to riding in the north west.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I usually use hope own. I like the fact you get a new pin with them as wellas a spring an when they last so long I don’t mind a few bob extra.

rickon
    Free Member

I used Superstar, Kevlar in the summer and Sintered in the winter on my Race X2s. They last about 2 weeks of riding, although that is about 30 hours ‘ish of ride time, so about 40 hours outside.

I’m keen to give Hope OEM pads a go to see if they’d last longer – it’s all about economy – if they last twice as long for twice the cost I’d prefer that for less hassle.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

rickon I get months to years out of hope original pads. Thousands of miles. Everyone is differnt but 30 hrs riding? thats unacceptable to me. I was looking at the pads in my bike today – about half worn. I cannot remember when they were last changed it was so long ago.

jota180
    Free Member

I got some Alligator ones from xcracer and they’ve been superb

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

orig hope sintered pads for race x2……2 laps of llandegla.

a 3 hour muddy ride round Rivington…down to base plate before I got home.

🙁

swompy
    Free Member

just checked out ebay for the superstar sintered pads, they only seem to do the organic or kevlar ones for my brakes?

rickon
    Free Member

http://www.superstarcomponents.co.uk

Forget eBay, they’re more expensive to cover their fees.

TJ: I think I just ride like a tool, so my pads wear fast. I’ll give Hope OEM a try though 🙂

swompy
    Free Member

just checked the link to superstar, theyre not listing x2 sintered on ebay because theyre out of stock.

islander

Got some off Discobrakes week or so ago but think paid £18 for 4 pair. Performance wise better than original hope pads and slightly quieter than original pads in wet. As for how long they last time will tell. Come with new springs but binned them and used originals as they weren,t very springy.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘aftermarket pads for hope x2’ is closed to new replies.