Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)
  • advice on what to do (re shop)
  • mollski
    Free Member

hi i need some advice on what to do please, ive seen a bike that a friend of a friend is selling,i said that i would have it,but in the mean time when i went to my local bike shop ive seen another bike a i like.ive told the bike shop to order me 1 ,but now have had 2nd thoughts has to what to do,has i can pay for the first bike ,but have to have the new bike on a 12month 0%.i get on with all the lads at the bike shop great.what should i do has i think they would be pissed of with me if i did not collect the bike?but i do like the first bike now that i went to see the wkend??? 😳 😕

tragically1969
    Free Member

En Englais, SVP….

lardman
    Free Member

Hi Darren..
    Can you check your mail re: bits you mailed over to me last week.
    Cheers
    Lardman.

geoffj

Decide which one you really want and speak to the other seller ASAP and explain the situation. The LBS may be able to return the ordered one and your friend of a friend should be able to find a different buyer. Just decide quickly and tell them ASAP.

aP
    Free Member

You’re buggered both ways. You could always ask your mum for an early Xmas present and get both.

mollski
    Free Member

lardman ,have you not had them yet all was posted last week mate,what are you missing mate?

Mister-P
    Free Member

Buy the one that comes with a guide to writing clearly with capital letters and everything.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Ah, I remember. Half term.

lardman
    Free Member

Mollski..

i sent a mail with all the details.. Are you not able to get e-mail?

All looked fab, and in great condition, BUT there was no 9-speed cassette in the box. So you just forgot to put it in. Can you send it on to me.. same address as before.

Mail me or post here if you need any more details

Cheers

mollski
    Free Member

😆

poisonspider
    Free Member

Are you sure the shop has actually ordered one?

I’d be surprised if they have just based on you expressing an interest. If it’s a special to them, then I would expect them to have asked for a deposit. No deposit, no problem, it was their risk.

Plus, if the other guy is a friend of a friend (ie not your friend) then who cares if he’s a bit miffed. You don’t owe him anything.

thomthumb
    Free Member

decide which one you want and tell the other seller the situation. be prepared to apologise.

do it asap.

mollski
    Free Member

ok thank you for your kind advice.

lardman
    Free Member

Scienceofficer
    Mister P

It’s a bike forum, not an English exam. Maybe worth remembering that before you both decide to be unpleasant.

uplink
    Free Member

Jeez, that OP is hard to read

A bit more use of the shift & space bar would help

lardman
    Free Member

errrr…

Mollski, does that mean your gonna post it out?

cheers

donsimon
    Free Member

hi i need some advice on what to do please, ive seen a bike that a friend of a friend is selling,i said that i would have it,but in the mean time when i went to my local bike shop ive seen another bike a i like.ive told the bike shop to order me 1 ,but now have had 2nd thoughts has to what to do,has i can pay for the first bike ,but have to have the new bike on a 12month 0%.i get on with all the lads at the bike shop great.what should i do has i think they would be pissed of with me if i did not collect the bike?but i do like the first bike now that i went to see the wkend???

Firstly you’ll be wanting some of these:
    H I I’ I I I’ I tht I I’ 1 one I am having 2nd second h h I I well W h I I B I I have been wkend weekend [ (these are spaces)].
    Just throw them randomly at your post to see what happens. 🙄

Buy both and worry later, you can never have too many bikes.

tragically1969
    Free Member

lardman – Its also England so English would help, not some hybrid text\yoof speak, i had to read it 3 times before i know what they hell he was talking about.

mollski
    Free Member

lardman i posted it fri for you,if the item does not turn up i will refund you threw paypal no probs what so ever sir,thank you for bringing this ofnotice to me,if only some people on here were so kind

mollski
    Free Member

for **** sake guys grow up its a bastard bike forum not some **** degree were takeing here

donsimon
    Free Member

😆 Seriously though, if you want to post and want people to read it, at least try and make it legible.

mollski
    Free Member

CAN SOMEBODY GET THIS TAKEN OF PLEASE, **** THE FORUM

uplink
    Free Member

for **** sake guys grow up its a bastard bike forum not some **** degree were takeing here

That’s fine, but you were asking a question, I guess most folks [like me] gave up after the first line as it’s bordering on unreadable

tragically1969
    Free Member

CAN SOMEBODY GET THIS TAKEN OF PLEASE, **** THE FORUM

poisonspider
    Free Member

uplink – bollox.

Granted it’s not the best grammer or punctuation in the world but the general gist is easy enough to understand.

It’s just another opportunity for the STW elitist mafia to have a pop. You pompous prick.

As he said it’s a bloody bike forum not Oxford University’s debating society.

cynic-al
    Free Member

op, your question appears to be “which bike should I buy”? – wanna give us some info on the bikes?

aP
    Free Member

A bit more prodding and we should get proper incoherent writing, worse spelling, random capitals and swearing. Obviously only during half term week though.

mcobie
    Free Member

I’m sorry, but this thread has actually made me laugh out loud, (notice I didn’t abbreviate/text speak for fear of being lynched 😆 ).

Thanks for lightening the day’s boredom 😀

uplink
    Free Member

It’s just another opportunity for the STW elitist mafia to have a pop. You pompous prick.

Elitist? 😆 me? – My grammar is appalling, I didn’t even pass my English O level, I’ve only ever seen the inside of a uni whilst cleaning the windows

I simply couldn’t easily read it so suggested that he may be more likely to get answers to his question if he edited it a bit

You pompous prick.

Resorting to insults is pretty much the last refuge of a man without an argument

romster
    Free Member

What cynic said, if you want help choosing let us know the bikes, the situation your in isn’t that big a dilema for you surely? If the bike shop haven’t taken a deposit, that’s just bad practice on their behalf fella so i wouldn’t worry yourself over it. If they have, then you need to think hard about losing that deposit. Get some research done on this here intertw@t, see which bike is best suited for your riding and off ya go, job done.

richiethesilverfish
    Free Member

lardman – Its also England so English would help, not some hybrid text\yoof speak, i had to read it 3 times before i know what they hell he was talking about.

Please, please tell me the poor grammar in there is on purpose, pleeeeease.

donsimon
    Free Member

Elitist? That would imply that the people who are commenting believe they belong to the highest element of society, maybe to top 10 or 20%, I would imagine that the vast majority, 70-80%, would look at the OP with horror. When the most popular UK newspaper has a written level, which I believe can be understood by a reasonably educated 12 year old, that puts the OP to shame and I think elitist is not the correct word. I am willing, as always, to be corrected.

Prick, maybe.
    Pompous, there’s a first time for everything.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Do you want a shiny new bike or a better value SH bike? Based on the fact that it’s going to be on the never never you’re most likely better off with the SH one.

Try not to borrow money it’s usually a dumb idea. As for your grammar don’t worry some people are really, really stupid and can’t read things unless they are completely perfect in every way, it’s a weakness.

lardman
    Free Member

tragically1969 – lardman – Its also England so English would help, not some hybrid text\yoof speak, i had to read it 3 times before i know what they hell he was talking about.

Brilliant. In your hurry to be self righteous, your own spelling and grammar seems to be lacking. I should think the letter ‘i’ would look better as a capital I. As it was intended to be.

It’s just another opportunity for the STW elitist mafia to have a pop. You pompous prick

Absolutely.

tragically1969
    Free Member

Brilliant. In your hurry to be self righteous, your own spelling and grammar seems to be lacking. I should think the letter ‘i’ would look better as a capital I. As it was intended to be.

Ohhhhh 2 typo’s, you could still read it though, correct ?

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Unpleasant/Sarcasm.

Its such a fine line.

Sigh.

lardman
    Free Member

Ohhhhh 2 typo’s, you could still read it though, correct ?

Well, I could read both posts. I must be truly gifted.

Scienceofficer – Member

Unpleasant/Sarcasm.

Its such a fine line.

Sigh.

Not really too fine a line. Sarcasm is where some people might laugh at what was a satirical take on a situation. Unpleasantness is much easier to achieve and not funny at all.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

If you choose to take offence at my comments on behalf of somebody else, thats up to you didums.

*blows kiss*

lardman
    Free Member

You are of course right on that point. I should not waste my time, as you are entitled to what-ever attitude you wish to take.

I was just having one of those days when i thought the world would be better with nicer people in it.

I am deluded.

Viewing 39 posts - 1 through 39 (of 39 total)

The topic ‘advice on what to do (re shop)’ is closed to new replies.