• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by wl.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Advice on Canada/USA iphones and their compatibility with UK
  • wl
    Free Member

Thinking of trying an iphone bought overseas with an O2 sim-only deal. Does anyone know if an iphone bought in either the US or Canada will work properly (with all functions and decent reception) in the UK? Ta v much.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Possibly on 3g as they all use 2100mhz (ish)

But IIRC the 2g runs on 1900mhz as apose to 900 & 1800mhz that we use over here… Pretty sure the iPhone is quad band tho, so you could well be ok??

wl
    Free Member

Cheers for that. I was hoping someone might have personal experience, but perhaps the fact that they haven't is precisely because it's a risk not worth taking. O2 and apple try to dissuade customers, but then they're bound to, I guess.

markgraylish
    Free Member

Just curious…why you are asking this? Are the UK prices more expensive than US/Canada?

I live in Canada and all there doesn't seem much competition between mobile telecoms providers to drive down the prices here. Certainly the headline price to 'buy' an iPhone looks cheap but they tie you into a 3 year deal with extra cost add-ons…

rs
    Free Member

what Mark said, but my fiancee's cheap phone from the uk works here for phone calls and texts.

Kuco

3 Years!!! Pisses me off the minimum now days seem to be 18 months.

wl
    Free Member

Maybe I'm totally wrong – I just thought initial costs to buy an iphone outright, perhaps direct from apple without a contract, were far lower in the US and Canada. I could easily get a mate to buy one and mail it over to me here in the UK.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Advice on Canada/USA iphones and their compatibility with UK’ is closed to new replies.