Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • advice for a mate who has found 'The One'
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Just get him to log onto STW!

feenster
    Free Member

Just get him to log onto STW!

You know I was thinking of that, maybe you will hear from the man himself.

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Diamonds are a girl's best friend… 😉

hora
    Free Member

You know I was thinking of that, maybe you will hear from the man himself.

Oh shit. All you lot with the bad advice are in trouble. Im ok, I offered Fritzel 😀

Midnighthour
    Free Member

Maybe the speed / intensity of his interest has just plain scared her. It is quite possible she is trying to back off in a way she sees as kind and caring towards him.

Also working with someone you are or have dated can be a terrible experience when stuff goes wrong – she may have seen or experienced this before and is worried it may happen to them.

I suggests he talks to her and tries to find out if its really about work, or if its about other issues. This could be a painful discussion.

If she likes him enough, she too has the option of changing jobs. Or they could both work in the UK for a while or in some other country where they can both get work in a field of interest.

sofatester
    Free Member

Diamonds are a girl's best friend

I thought it was pearls? 😆

sofatester
    Free Member

Remember grasshopper:

If wheels or tits are present cost you it will

iDave
    Free Member

if she was 'the one' he wouldn't have been dumped

'the one' is a myth – there are lots….

nickc

There's absolutely no mileage in trying to resurrect a short term relationship that's been finished, at best your mate will get a pity shag, at worst she'll loose any respect she had left for him.

If it's dead, mourn it, leave it.

thejesmonddingo

I wouldn't go out with anyone I work with,I'm a nurse,and it gets far too intense,so I see her point,but if she wanted to continue the relationship,she'd be working with him to sort it out.He needs alcohol,meaningless sex and MTFU,and in 6 months he might be readt for a other go.
    Ian

sadexpunk

by the way, what IS his job that makes it hard for her to work with him?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

sadexpunk – Member
    by the way, what IS his job that makes it hard for her to work with him?

Gynacologist.

hora
    Free Member

at best your mate will get a pity shag

i'll take that as it is, no need to wrap it to go thanks

feenster
    Free Member

by the way, what IS his job

Marketing for a big media company. It was a great career choice – he's been surrounded by very hot women ever since uni. Me o the other hand, I went in to IT.

hora
    Free Member

feenster you might have been surrounded by hot men though? 😐

Mate of mine worked in a Japanese airlines office in London. He kept telling me the Japanese girls in his office kept asking him out and saying how much they wanted a 'English boyfriend'. They just werent his type though……bugga! Darnit 🙁

DaveGr
    Free Member

he's been surrounded by very hot women ever since uni

Am I missing something here? Too much choice clouding his judgement? Move along, nothing to see here (relationship wise anymore)….

Me o the other hand, I went in to IT.

<sighs> me too but at least I learnt how to program in Pascal

clareymorris

Girls point of view?

She is just not that into him – sorry 🙁

feenster
    Free Member

you might have been surrounded by hot men though

em, I really doubt it…..

feenster
    Free Member

Girls point of view?

She is just not that into him – sorry

That was my gut instinct, and probably his as well if he's honest….

hora
    Free Member

me too but at least I learnt how to program in Pascal

But sadly not how to entertain the opposite sex, dress snappily, surf, hold outragious dinner parties or drive a Lotus Elise? 🙄

Bunnyhop

Sounds like in the past the girls were all fawning over him. Along comes a lady that holds back a bit and wham he's fallen.
    If the relationship isn't right, then there's nothing he can say or do to resurrect it.

He has to keep his dignity and stay away from her.
    If there is a shred of hope she'll come back if, he stays away.

The other chaps are right, he will get over this.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

If he's been saying this is the one, he's probably been coming on a bit too strong, and it may have put her off. Or she doesn't fancy him.

I'd just tell him to Man-up, they must be pretty friendly with each other for it to get to this point, ideally you would want to try and get back to that pre-going out relationship, write it off as a silly idea they both had. Laugh it off and play it cool, if she should then again show an interest, PLAY HARD TO GET, this never fails and just see how it plays out.

zaskar
    Free Member

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

My ma and pa were married for 25 years. Working together made them stronger.

He';s fallen for her, she hasn't for him. Simple. Why for a second is "working together" even an excuse? If you like seeing each other, and love each otehr, what better than being loosely "with" each other all day?

She might be getting cold feet, but it's going nowhere if that kind of excuse is proffered.

And if he logs – "dry yer eyes mate…"

hels
    Free Member

Is she Australian ??

If yes, then she is telling the truth, it's a British thing to not say what you actually mean, with your indirect communication, Aussies tend to keep it simple.

If yes, she is probably also already doing with his best mate.

He needs to find a nice British girl who understands what he is saying !

hora
    Free Member

Lump hammer and a brown hessian bag?

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Tell him to "play it cool trigger, play it cool!"

Fools rush in!

Coyote
    Free Member

Mate of mine worked in a Japanese airlines office in London. He kept telling me the Japanese girls in his office kept asking him out and saying how much they wanted a 'English boyfriend'. They just werent his type though……bugga!

Your friend is gay right. Please tell me he is gay.

NZCol

If she's an Aussie then if he's got past first base then he'll have had a fantastic time. My un-empirical study concluded that they are disgustingly filthy women. I had to extend the study to validate my findings as well which was a real hardship.

But he's been dumped. simple.

feenster
    Free Member

So I decided against showing him this thread, decided it was a bit harsh in places and might get him a bit riled.

So I wrote an e-mail plagarising the best/funniest/wisest comments from here and toned down the harsh stuff. Jist of it was he needs to be very cool, try to figure out if the work thing is an excuse, and to bear in mind that either way, it doesn't look like she has fallen for him like he has for her. Also pointed out the role reversal and parallels with one or two if his previous relationships.

I thought it was pretty good, nad made me look far more witty/perceptive and wise than I am, so thanks for your comments folks. 😀

Bushwacked
    Free Member

If he spends time just being her friend (i.e. no intimate touching) then if the sparks develop he'll be able to provide some input into NZCol's study (plus hopefully some photos as evidence too)

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘advice for a mate who has found 'The One'’ is closed to new replies.