Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • Adopt a fatty. South Wales area.
  • grannygrinder
    Free Member

Anybody in south wales fancy allowing me to accompany them on a ride out?
    I’ve done a little bit around Afan, but its a bit boring on my own.
    Promise to make up for lack of fitness with boundless enthusiasm and a big box of flapjack 😀
    Begging over…..

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I’m always up for riding company and trust me I’m no riding god, (just ask anyone on the STW FoD gathering the other week), I regulary spin around Afan and Cwm Carn, whereabouts are you based?

(Edit; forgot to say I’m just up the road from Bridgend)

hambl90
    Free Member

Hi where abouts in south Wales are you Im in gwent, near Brynmawr you’re welcome to come along on some rides, Ian

cubemeup
    Free Member

im from blackwood out most weeks

Paulio
    Free Member

I’m at Afan most weeks, usually a mid-week night ride and a weekend ride.

I also ride with the Singletrack Mind MTB club who a ride at Afan most Sundays and ‘away day’ rides elsewhere too. We’re doing the Gap tomorrow.

Email in profile if you want to arrange something.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

paulio, which night and what time do you start the mid week night ride?

krag
    Free Member

The mountain goats ride most Saturdays all around South Wales. Good laugh, social and don’t take themselves too seriously.

Paulio
    Free Member

It depends on people’s work demands but usually a Wednesday at 6.30. With a days notice I can pretty much make any night except a Thursday.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Sounds good, I may try and tag along this Wednesday coming if your out, and that’s cool?

Paulio
    Free Member

All good with me, I’ve just sent you an email.

Paul

valleydaddy
    Free Member

let us know where you are based granny as there are various groups who ride out regularly in the area you can join up with, once you tell us the area you are in we can point you in the right direction 😉

hope to see you out there soon

ronjeremy
    Free Member

I’m probably going to be riding Whites tomorrow, email in profile if you want to tag along

grannygrinder
    Free Member

Thanks for the replies 😀
    I live about 2 mins from a place called Crosshands(on the A48) about halfway between Afan and Brechfa 😀
    Midweek is great for me as my son has a lot of rugby and footie comittments in the am at the weekends, might have to sort some better lights out though.
    Also if anybody knows of a nice loop really local to me for evening excursions i’m all ears

grannygrinder
    Free Member

Ron jeremy. Your e-mail in your profile doesn’t seem to work? Might be me not sure.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

surfydave(AT)googlemail(DOT)com

Will check profile

grannygrinder
    Free Member

Thats what i typed in, my pc maybe, i’ll try again 😀

valleydaddy
    Free Member

granny there’s a regular Swansea Wed eve ride in the Neath/Swansea/Brynammen areas usually involving Ambrose and his gang. I often join up with this bunch as it’s informal but great routes and we all most always end up in a local pub for a pint and pig nuts – not good for the diet though 😉

Nipper99
    Free Member

@valleydaddy, I,m in glais so would be keen to find out more if possible.

SaxonRider

grannygrinder, I’ll keep this thread in mind if I can ever ride again. Whereabouts are you based?

grannygrinder
    Free Member

I’m based in Crosshands.
    Weds are mint for me as its the only evening the kids don’t go somewhere. 🙄
    Very interseted as Brynaman is only 20 mins up the road.

cubemeup
    Free Member

valleydaddy dont u bother with blackwood boys no more?? 😈

valleydaddy
    Free Member

haha I try Chris but been riding locally to Aberdare as we have a good buch of 6 or 7 who get out regularly, similar to the Blackwood boys, plus now with 2 young kiddies time is a premium also some of the BB rides were starting at 6-6.30 so was struggling to make it there the Neath valley rides start 7pm+ so better for me.

I must get a ride in with the BB’s soon though for sure – great bunch of lads 😀

valleydaddy
    Free Member

plus when MTB-Wales went down the pan the ride posts stopped!!!

Do you still meet up with Bish/Tinks/IanIan/Bosh etc???

cubemeup
    Free Member

yeah me and tinks, my brother and carl went and done the gap ride the other week!! killed me lol
    done a black mountains ride with ian grif, bish tinks and a few other a month or two back. i might be having another op soon so back to square one again!! gutted

Nipper99
    Free Member

grannygrinder, not meaning to ignore you on your own post, as mentioned, based in glais at the bottom of the swansea valley. new to night riding so was going to try a loop around the forest road at crynant this wed if you are interested just to get the feel of it. email in profile.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I was hoping to get in on those but home stuff was in the way I seem to remember.

I take it’s your knees are giving you grief again??

cubemeup
    Free Member

lol no not now,by the looks over the years i have torn my hip flexers not to bad riding right legs pocks out a bit and can hurt but stupid things like putting my shoes on and even walking can hurt.

tollah
    Free Member

Just make sure you don’t play them at pool Michael 😉

grannygrinder
    Free Member

You must have me confused with one of those competetive types 😆

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

I’ve been threatening to join Ambrose and crew on a ride for ages.
    I’m based in Ystalyfera now, so I can ride to the meeting point for the Upper Swansea Valley rides.
    Only ridden once in 2 months, so I need to get out really bad. I reckon we could buddy up at the back of the group Grannygrinder.
    It’d be nice to ease into night rides at a gentle pace.

Ambrose

Did somebody call?

Kev- the day I can keep up with you will be the day I eat that gorgeous bike you built me 😉

Grannygrinder, come and join us. We regularly ride on Weds PM, out for a laugh, never (knowingly) competetive, always looking for fun. We try to meet at 7:00 and ride for a length of time that allows us to get a pint at the end.

I’m in Garnant FWIW, working in Burry Port. Others are in Swansea, Llandybie, Llandovery, Llangadog, Brynamman, Cwm Twrch and Llandeilo. And Valleydaddy- he’s from Aberdare but his visa has run out.

This Weds PM ride starting from Kim’s place here:

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=261855&y=200107&z=106&sv=261855,200107&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=566&ax=261855&ay=200107&lm=0

followed by a bit of Bluegrass here: http://www.buckinn.swanseapub.com/

And we can point you at loads of local loops. Bring a map and a pencil to draw on it with.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

call and he shall come 😉

I will let you know if I can make this Ambrose, I’ve had mumps and then laryngitus and a week on holiday so I have my excuses my friend 😥

Ambrose

Princess

Skyline-GTR
    Free Member

I wish i still lived in Craigcefnparc now lol. That ride would have been do-able without the car. (it’s knackered)
    My wife’s supermini doesn’t quite cut it as a cycle transportation vehicle. It’s too nice to put muddy bikes in.
    I checked out that route in Ystalyfera. It’s a no-go I’m afraid, it’s a boggy push up for a very poor descent.
    The Cwmtwrch ride could be a good un, but I’ve not recce’d the whole route yet.
    Text me when you do your next Cwmgiedd or Abercrave ride and i’d love to join you.

Ambrose

Kev- Kim often drives up this way to ride with us. Jason lives in Cwm Twrch, as do Jeff and Nic- although she’s full of baby at the moment. You are not short of a lift, that’s for sure. Can you email me your number, I lost my phone and thus all my numbers on the Tywi track a while back.

grannygrinder
    Free Member

My e-mail is mikegorslas@talktalk.net if anybody else wants to get in touch.
    I was all set for doing something tomorrow, but i’m now working in Luton for the day.
    I might be back or not depending on the traffic.

Ambrose

YGM. Good luck with the traffic- the main road into Ammanford from the M4 is shut at the moment 🙁

valleydaddy
    Free Member

I will be there tomorrow with 2 others daz and ding 😉

Just converted rep mobile into bike car 😆

See you tomorrow

Ambrose

Tidy darts.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Is there room for an interloper/outsider on this excursion tomorrow?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Adopt a fatty. South Wales area.’ is closed to new replies.