Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Addison Lee
  • Dark-Side

Have we not done this one yet? After instructing his drivers to use Bus Lanes regardless of the law, he now thinks cyclists have no place on the roads until we “get trained and pay up”.

”You want to join our gang, get trained and pay up”

Zedsdead
    Free Member

The world is full of idiots. Addison is just one of them.

Nicknoxx
    Free Member

Particularly worrying as The chairman is a big Tory party donor and will undoubtably have the ear of this government.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I think he should concentrate on training his own **** drivers.
    Not a day goes by without me heing cut up by an addison lee taxi.
    And i’m in a 26 ton truck…..
    Worse drivers on the road.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I really, really, really love not living in London.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I can’t figure out the logic in saying this, especially London where cycling has become so popular many of their customers are likely to be cyclists. Its got publicity, but I can’t see if bringing in more business??

roadcc response is quite good too
    http://road.cc/content/news/56999-addison-lee-chairman-airs-his-opinion-london-cyclist-deaths

MrWoppit
    Free Member

Ooh look…

Enquiries

rewski
    Free Member

Worse drivers on the road.

By a long way, I think all indicators and mirrors have been removed from their cars.

clubber
    Free Member

I know that AL have lost a load of business because of this – at a miniumum, two of my friends have stopped their companies using AL.

Spread the word!

rootes1

I know that AL have lost a load of business because of this – at a miniumum, two of my friends have stopped their companies using AL.

Spread the word!

shame they won the Olympic contract –

perhaps they should lose it for telling drivers to break the current bus lane laws..

kimbers

everyday this week ive been cut up by an AL taxi driver on my way either to or from work, whenever i see the logo i instinctively start riding defensively

and ive emailed woppits link

Gunz
    Free Member

A Conservative mini cab driver with ill-thought through views – he’s a living stereotype.

mintimperial

Taxi driver in gibbering **** idiot shocker…

nbt

Spread the word!

Good call. SHared on FB and linkedin

Leku
    Free Member

would it be soo wrong to start booking random taxis for a Mr Griffin?

Tory headquarters to Institute of Metal health?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

#boycottaddisonlee starting to trend on twitter.

Am I the only one who thought ‘Withnail’? These aren’t accidents! They’re throwing themselves into the road glady!

kimbers

and fwiw its @addisonleecabs

some guy on twitter called addison lee is getting wound up at all the cyclists abusing him?!?

verses

Gunz – Member

A Conservative mini cab driver with ill-thought through views – he’s a living stereotype.

This site needs a Like button 😉

Dark-Side

John Prescott is on their case now:

John Prescott ? @johnprescott Close
    Angry about Addison Lee John Griffin’s comments about cyclists? Then email him here http://www.addisonlee.com/support/enquiries#Other

neninja
    Free Member

A major Tory party contributor (around £250k) who’s company got the contract to provide transport to several government departments. This at a time when DC was crying out about how ministerial transport was being cut (but conveniently forgot to mention that as government employed transport services were being cut more work was being given to private suppliers like AL).

identicalbutlighter
    Free Member

Well I’ve filed a complaint with them and written to my MP demanding the gov withdraw their contract, despite being a pessimist I may as well help deluge their complaints dept in support of cyclists.

madhouse

I’m not a Londoner and don’t visit much either, but I’ve only ever heard bad things about this Addison Lee lot.

I like the roadcc response though, I hope that happens and they lose out financially for having an idiot for a chairman.

madhouse

Maybe this Griffin bloke needs an invite to this

fuzzhead
    Free Member

he seems like a very angry little man

nicko74

Addison Lee, as said above, are pretty much the worst drivers on London’s roads. They cut people up, weave all over the place, drive like effing maniacs. AND they charge a fortune for the privilege – the city-Heathrow run costs about 50% more with them than other companies like greentomato.

What’s more, anecdotal evidence suggests that some of their drivers have a habit of falling asleep at the wheel, which worries me even more…

simon_g

many of their customers are likely to be cyclists

This is perhaps the most short-sighted thing about it. A lot of their customers don’t have cars and use them for the times cycling or public transport doesn’t work for them.

I’ve used them a fair bit in the past for work, just because it was convenient (online/iphone booking, etc) and I could easily pull out the right receipts, etc for expenses claims. Have booked next weeks journeys with Green Tomato instead who seem to offer all of that except don’t have an idiot for a chairman. I think they’ll do very well out of this whole fiasco.

I suspect (and hope) that this is the Ratner moment that cripples the company financially and that they might gently slide off the radar.

crazy-legs

Glad it’s not just me that thinks Addison Lee cabs are some of the worst driven cars on the roads.
    Mark Cavendish said something similar on Twitter this morning as well.

Next time I’m n london I shall make a point of obstructing any AL cab I see in a bus lane by riding my Boris Bike really slowly.
    (This may of course backfire if he simply drives over me)

😉

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Carlton Reid ? @carltonreid on twitter suggests the following …

Downlowd the @addisonleecabs app, leave a negative review & delete it. I did. http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/hit-em-where-it-hurts-urges-boycottaddisonlee/012932

nick3216
    Free Member

You can review the app without downloading I believe.

CaptJon
    Free Member

What an utter tool.

John Prescott’s cancelled his account according to Twitter

wwaswas

More from Carlton Reid on Twitter;

Ha! I’ve been booked for a BBC radio interview next week. A Drivetime slot, sharing airwaves with Addison Lee’s Nick Griffin.

Dark-Side

Carlton Reid ? @carltonreid on twitter suggests the following …

Downlowd the @addisonleecabs app, leave a negative review & delete it. I did. http://www.bikebiz.com/news/read/hit-em-where-it-hurts-urges-boycottaddisonlee/012932

This is not working for some reason, the comments are not appearing.

clubber
    Free Member

mine did…

ononeorange

Unfortunately, his view seems to prevail in national and local government (and parts of the media).

My company used to use AL – one memorable trip home from Luton airport, they were an hour late turning up, the “gentleman” on the phone was patronising then rude as I had apparently disturbed him, the driver dozed off and got then got lost, then went a 180 degree corner on the wrong side of the road and nearly hit another head on.

Clearly, it was all the fault of cyclists. I can see that now.

will
    Free Member
    wwaswas

I’d suggest he was backpedalling.

(can you see what I did there)

Clover

Well, I don’t think Addison Lee will have ‘loved hearing from me’. Think I might write to my MP too.

Demanding better road safety is one thing, demanding fewer rights for cycling grannies is another.

qwerty
    Free Member

I’ve just contacted their complaints dept to air my disgust

jameso

I can’t figure out the logic in saying this, especially London where cycling has become so popular many of their customers are likely to be cyclists.

Agreed, people like me who choose not to own a car and can justify a ‘fair spend’ a year in cab fares? I wouldn’t use them now, sod putting any support / £ his way.

brakes
    Free Member

easily the worst collective group of vehicle drivers on London roads.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Addison Lee’ is closed to new replies.