Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Addidas Terrex ?
  • coconut
    Free Member

Anyone own some Addidas Terrex Trail Cross shoes? The Stealth Rubber sole looks good but the grip has fairly deep grooves. How are they for flat pedals and long mountain rides ? Please give me all the low down on size, comfort, grip etc… thanks 🙂

http://www.adidas.co.uk/terrex-trail-cross-sl-shoes/BB3843.html?cm_mmc=AdieSEM_GPS-_-adidas_Terrex_Trail_Cross_SL_Shoes-_-4056565858989&cm_mmca1=UK&cm_mmc=AdieSEM_PLA_Google-_–_–_-PRODUCT+GROUP&cm_mmca1=UK&cm_mmca2=&71700000015683382&ds_agid=58700001545522328&gclid=CJ3NraWgts4CFQfhGwodFu4F9Q&gclsrc=aw.ds

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Bought a pair when they got PSA’d on here a couple of weeks/months ago.

Nice stiff sole which I found fine for pedalling, comfy for walking in, can run a touch warm when it’s proper hot. Grip is good on most things. Not GoreTex, but seem to have an amount of water resistance due to the rubber construction and tight weave mesh.

As with all Adidas I had to size up. My advice would be to order a couple of sizes and take advantage of their free returns. Also, they give you a 15% voucher for signing up for the newsletter for the first time.

MSP

I prefer them to five ten impact lows, a little more feel but still stiff enough and probably more grippy (though the impact lows are meant to have a softer compound). And personally I find them more breathable, so not sure what shoes bongohoohaa is comparing them to when he says they are warm.

loddrik
    Free Member

I had them but found the stealth sole cut up really badly. Maybe that’s a characteristic of stealth rubber as I’ve never had some before but I sold them and replaced with some harder wearing Vibram Merrells.

Shandy
    Free Member

They’re the best flat shoes I’ve had by a long way. Its basically a Five Ten sole for grip with an Adidas upper for fit and support. They dry very easily. The only negative is the original laces fray very easily, I’ve got a £1 set of laces from Stavely post office in mine.

gonzy
    Free Member

had mine for a few months now and have put them through some really wet and muddy rides and theyve been fine. very comfy to walk in and the grip is very good. on the bike the shoes feel stiff enough to really put the power down and they grip the pedals really well. their advantage over the 5-10s is that the sole isnt really thick so you can actually still feel enough of the pedals to be able to get good feedback from the pedals.
    size wise you’ll probably find going up one size but they also do them in half sizes.
    i went for a size 8 but really should have gone for a 7.5 for a perfect fit but nonetheless they still fit really well and theres enough room for a pair of sealskins
    since buying them a few of my friends have been eyeing them up…so far one has bought the black pair and loves them and another has bought the non SL version which is a bit more weather resistant but a bit warmer than the SL version.
    a few more are thinking of getting them and to be honest Adidas are selling the black version for £66.50 which makes them a bit of a bargain. you could get 2 pairs of them for the price of a single pair of 5-10s

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

Adidas are selling the black version for £66.50

Only available in 12/12.5.

Check out Adidas Speciality Sports for the few black at £66.50.

gonzy
    Free Member

Only available in 12/12.5.

Check out Adidas Speciality Sports for the few black at £66.50.

bugger! i hadnt checked for sizes. hope the OP has big feet!!

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I got the black ones at £66.50 and was chuffed, mainly as i prefer the stealth look. Looks like OP will have to go with the new colour and get the 15% off….unless he has hooooge feet.

yorkshire89
    Free Member

Really like mine, only thing is they feel slightly big.
    I’m 11 in Five Tens and would probably get away with 10.5 in the terrex.

mildbore

Yep, since I got them I prefer them to my 5-10s, good grippy sole with a bit of shape and feel, good for hike – a – bike too. Sizing for me was spot on (size 10)

coconut
    Free Member

Many thanks for the replies, and yes I am a size 12 UK 😆

keithyr
    Free Member

as above best flat shoes I’ve had by a mile.

keep my shimano am41’s for winter duties.

from memory i bought the 12 as standard fit

laces are rubbish but bought a pair of scarpa hiking laces.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Addidas Terrex ?’ is closed to new replies.