• This topic has 59 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by hora.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Aching, slow and pressurised sinus- anyone else?
  • hora
    Free Member

Over a week now. Feel shattered. Anyone else or is it due to lack of pudding or Cat aids?

scaredypants

overtraining

MoreCashThanDash

a mate has had sinus problems for a few months – just had a wisdom tooth removed and apparently they realised he had a cyst in his sinus?

bikebouy
    Free Member

You’ve got an infection due to training, it’s expected. Your breathing harder and longer and with more vigour, don’t back off riding but pace down.

Training makes you tired.

If it continues, see a Vet.

Bregante

It’s an adverse reaction to steel. Specifically Ritchey Logic Triple Butted Steel.

You know what to do….

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Is it just me or did anyone else read “pressurised anus?”
    New saddle time 🙂

jam-bo

Side winds cause sinus problems. Well known fact.

perthmtb
    Free Member

You’ve got an infection due to training, it’s expected. Your breathing harder and longer and with more vigour, don’t back off riding but pace down.

I find regular cycling gets those cilia working overtime and flushes out the sinuses and lungs nicely, and I get fewer respiratory infections as a result.

Could be just wishful thinking on my part, but I didn’t get a single cold in a year of commuting thru sun and rain, but as soon as I stopped for two weeks I went down with a humdinger!

cinnamon_girl

There is a gizmo for a sinus wash-out, will try and find a link. I sympathise, sinus pain is miserable. Every year I get an infection and the only way to clear it is antibiotics.

cinnamon_girl
    Drac

You’ve got an infection due to training, it’s expected.

How’s that work then?

I had sinusitis a few weeks back something never had before, felt a bit shit with it and at it’s peak was a bit sore. Cocodamol helped for and then when the crap eventually started coming out felt a lot better after a few days.

dudeofdoom

I had a sinus pump thing which was interesting and expensive …sent it back..

You might have some allergy to something in season…..I’m allergic to tree pollen apparently and that hits me hard….

Or you’ve just got a dose of the manflu that’s going around 🙂

Or as said overtraining an ya need a little rest ….

globalti
    Free Member

I used to get sinusitis a lot when I was in my teens and twenties. See your GP for antibiotic and when you blow your nose, blow gently or you’ll just push stuff up into the cavities.

weeble
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve had similar getting back on the bike this coming week, been off it for 2 weeks. Currently coughing up lots of gunge

weeble
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve had similar getting back on the bike this coming week, been off it for 2 weeks. Currently coughing up lots of gunge

hora
    Free Member

Not Sinus’thy’ting. Just blocked up and no head pains.

Utterly robbed of energy and generally achy allover and slowww .

I hope its not manflu 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

If it ain’t manflu, it’s girlflu

HTH

jonwe
    Free Member

Sinutab isn’t the answer. I has misbehaving sinuses and sinutab works every time. not Sudafed, not anything else. Just sinutab.

jonwe
    Free Member

Typo sinutab IS the answer.

nick1962
    Free Member
    Karl33to
    Free Member

I suffer with sinus pressure fairly regularly, tried quite a few things but the only thing that seems to work are the nasal sprays that contain xylometazoline. Even if I’m completely stuffed up so that I can’t breathe through my nose, I’ll have a few quick blasts and after ten minutes I’m right as rain.

Sudafed do one which I’ve found to be good, but all their other products seem to have absolutely zero effect on me.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Antibiotics from Doctors.

Drink plenty of water too.

I had it bad recently and my docs put me on antibiotics.

hora
    Free Member

Really? Ears have been pressurised too.

breatheeasy
    Free Member

Count yourself lucky – I’ve just spent a year with Silent Sinus Syndrome – one of my sinuses has collapsed, pulling in the cheekbone with it… queue nose op, potential surgery to stick some new bone in, and extra surgery to move eyeball up a touch.

Still, all clear now, though having a camera stuck into your sinus whilst you’re watching to check it out was fun last week 😯

johndoh
    Free Member

Lots of it around – I woke in the middle of the night last week with earache I have never had as an adult – properly painful and the next day I had a weird double echo thing going on, it sounded like I had a mini transistor radio playing everything around me with a slight delay into my right ear. By the next day I was fine – my hearing has been down slightly but I am just putting up with it.

molgrips
    Free Member

My wife’s had this for weeks. So have about half the people I know at some point this winter.

johndoh
    Free Member

Mine too – she went to the quacks about it today as she is also suffering from dizzy spells (so much so she won’t drive the car any kind of distance over just nipping down the road to school with our kids).

They prescribed something for the dizziness but said the illness itself is a virus (so no point prescribing anti-biotics) so she just has to put up and wait it out.

mooman
    Free Member

Yep, another one here. Feeling drained last few weeks. Woke up Saturday feeling even more tired, with sinusitis, light-headed and dizzy with it too. Decided a bike ride may flush it out … lasted a very slow and surreal feeling half hour on bike . Had to pull out of Battle on the beach as a result.
    I know lots of people who have had this virus since before Xmas.

hora
    Free Member

Sunday on the easiest climbs I felt like an oldman spent. Hope it goes I dont like that feeling!

scaredypants

overtraining

For the record, I was kidding 😳

hora
    Free Member

Its coming and going in waves (right?). Last night at the sauna- ****. Yet on the walk home – fine.

Fine all morning suddenly this aft I feel old and tired again.

Ideas?!

wwaswas

I feel old and tired again

Ideas?!

Have you considered that you might be old and tired?

hora
    Free Member

When I say old and tired I mean suddenly 80yr old. Limbs heavy/no strength/struggle to lift.

wwaswas

you have a viral/post viral thing going on.

rest and give it some time.

I got knocked out for a month earlier this year by a cold that actually lasted about 4 days but I was knackered for 3 weeks afterwards.

DrP

It sounds like you have a cold!
    Welcome to the world.

DrP

hora
    Free Member

This isn’t a cold! It feels like bone-flu-karate-chop. Feels like I’m walking through quick sand

Give my malady the appropriate grandiose dammit 8)

wwaswas

to be fair to DrP he could have said ‘a bit of a cold’ so he’s at least credited you with the full ‘a cold’ diagnosis (not that it is yer actual diagnosis, obviously, rules being rules).

DrP

This isn’t a cold! It feels like bone-flu-karate-chop. Feels like I’m walking through quick sand

Give my malady the appropriate grandiose dammit

Where’s that man-flu video when you need it!!

Heal well chap! – TBH, if I were a doctor (like Gillian McKeath is..)I’d suggest you rest up, let your body heal, and enjoy the sleep…

DrP

Drac

It sounds like you have a cold!
    Welcome to the world.

DrP

Best get some Night Nurse and Paracetamol, don’t forget to have a hissy fit when they refuse to sell you both.

hooli

Go for a ride, kill or cure and all that 😉

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Aching, slow and pressurised sinus- anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.