Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • About to order a Banshee Spitfire, any reason why not…..
  • mmel
    Free Member

Morning Chaps

After almost seven months of deliberating, I think I’ve finally settled on a Spitfire frame and am close to pulling the trigger. On paper it looks great, geometry just how I’d like it and lots of options to tweek. I’m looking at running it 26″ for now, with 150mm revelations up front. May switch to new Pikes if I feel the need for 650b further down the line.

Any one out there riding a Spitty who can comment on ownership? I believe the 2013 frames sorted all the problems of old, and that they’re pretty bomb proof.

Cheers

mmel
    Free Member

Morning bump

al2000

Had an old Spitfire, and have had one of the new ones for about 10 months now. It’s a smashing bike, sorted geometry, good suspension, 650b compatible (if that floats your boat).

Really happy with it – the old one was great (constant bushing maintainance was a pain though) and would happily have carried on riding it, but the new one is better all round.

jonjones262
    Free Member

that bike looks familiar! ^^^ 🙂

mindmap3
    Free Member

I can’t comment on the Spitfire but I’m really happy with my Rune.

I’ve had it since June and it climbs better than that sortbof bike should and is great at descending although due to it being pretty slack and long it can be a handful in tight switchbacks. The KS suspension works really well with the CCDBa (i demo’d it with the Fox CTD shock and didn’t really like it) the only downside is that it dies collect a bit of mud and can be a pain to clean.

The quality of my frame was really high and it came with a load of zip ties, post, seat clamp, stickers, volume reducer spacers and spare seals for the shock as well as the flip chips to change the geometry. Keith the designer was really helpful when I emailed him too.

The other thing that I really like is that they’re quite rare. I’ve not seen another one on the trails yet.

I’d say do it…I really like them. If I’m honest the Spitfire is the bike that I probably should have bought but I wanted to demo before buying and couldn’t but was able to demo the Rune and I loved it.

kayak23

A mate has a Spitfire, and I’m well jell..
    It’s a great bike, and he has it built dead light. He fitted 650b wheels recently.
    I’d go for it if I had the cash.

Shackleton

I would like one, and would run my 150 rev in it too until I could afford pikes, what stopped me was the likely geometry with 150mm forks. The BB looks very, very low and you lose the “really slack” ability. I’d wondered about a +10/20mm crown race but they don’t seem to exist in my google searches.

I would be more than happy to be proved wrong on any of the above points!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘About to order a Banshee Spitfire, any reason why not…..’ is closed to new replies.