Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)
  • Aaron Ramsey injury – jeez
  • I agree with Tiger6791. That first photo (and MOTD slow mo) seem to suggest Ramsey had gone over on his ankle before Shawcross even made contact.

Edric64
    Free Member

It wasn't a bad tackle, football used to be a game for men ,but fifa have changed that. No wonder rugby fans call it poofball!

Jamie
    Free Member

It wasn't a bad tackle football used to be a game for men but fifa have changed that no wonder rugby fans call it poofball

…and people used to use form coherent sentences, but what can you do?

Edric64
    Free Member

Happy now ?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

no wonder rugby fans call it poofball

Ohh, they are dead funny aren't they. I would never have managed to have thought of something so scathing to say about a game I don't enjoy following.

Jamie
    Free Member

Happy now ?

Well no, as you are still spouting inflammatory crap.

PJ266
    Free Member

Haha, no he's not. Some elements of football are a disgrace.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Some elements of football are a disgrace.

Some elements of most things in life are a disgrace. Footballer, mechanic, politician, mother or whatever.

Tim
    Free Member

Theres no way Shawcross was in any way responsible. It possibly deserved a booking for an ill timed tackle but in no way a red card. From what i've seen its hard to tell if he even caused the initial injury.

Ref lost his head.

Its unfortunate…but its a awful, awful injury and i hope that Ramsey can make a full recovery and that it doesnt affect Shawcross's career.

Wenger can just sod off. He's happily ruin someones career for no real reason.

and yes, its rather telling how none of Arsenal players came to help him…they'd rather shout at the ref than help a colleague.

hainey
    Free Member

Agree with Tim above, it was a bad accident that is all. No blame rests anywhere.

terrahawk
    Free Member

Pah. That's not a tackle.
    That's a tackle:

stick that up your bollocks

genesis
    Free Member

Regardless of the who, how and why that picture looks horrible. Hope he has a full recovery

Tim
    Free Member

I cant believe Keane was ever allowed anywhere near a football field after that. If he had played for another club he would have been banned for life.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

If he had played for another club he would have been banned for life.

Do you honestly think that?

But it was a nasty challenge and he only did it after hurting himself in a challenge with the player a few years before (the very short clip at the beginning of that link shows the original tackle, but it isn't clear that he actually fell and hurt himself)

Tim
    Free Member

mastiles_fanylion – Member

If he had played for another club he would have been banned for life.

Do you honestly think that?

But it was a nasty challenge and he only did it after hurting himself in a challenge with the player a few years before (the very short clip at the beginning of that link shows the original tackle, but it isn't clear that he actually fell and hurt himself)

Well ok, maybe not any other club…but if it wasnt a top 4 club i think the FA would have looked on it fairly differently

doctornickriviera
    Free Member

Spurs fane here!
    In Peace!

feel really sorry for the guy. Ramsay is the real deal and destined to become one of the premierships top midfielders. Horrible injury for the lad and i hope he recovers fully to fulfill his potential for the gooners and wales. Just as he was really staring to blossom this happens. I don't think Shawcross went out to hurt him intentionally- these things sometimes happen in football. Shawcross looked distraught after the incident too. Wenger has overeacted but he's probably miffed because arsenal seem to get more tha their fair share of these injuries.

And as for the rugby/football argument- shit happens in both sports. think about Thom Evans the scottish back who broke his neck in a double tackle against wales 2 weeks ago. There was no malice there either-just bad luck.

69er
    Free Member

I just hope the poor lad makes a full recovery and is able to put this fully behind him.

Inflated wages / talent jealousy doesn't come into it.

Good luck young Mr Ramsey.

john_drummer
    Free Member

But it was a nasty challenge and he only did it after hurting himself in a challenge with the player a few years before

I think I was at that game. Haaland was a Leeds player at the time, and it was at Elland Road, if it's the game I'm thinking of. ManU were losing 1-0 to the (then) mighty whites, and Keane completely lost control of himself. If he hadn't injured himself so badly, he would have been sent off.

M6TTF
    Free Member

M_f – fair point, he probably doesn't earn 200k a week , but I'm betting he earns a damn site more than most of the general public earn in a lifetime. Even lowly macc town players get a few grand a week!

votchy
    Free Member

Having seen the youtube footage and the original footage on MOTD and also looking at the picture at the start of this thread one thing is clear, Ramsey's leg has gone before there was any contact in the tackle, this is something that has happened to other footballers in the past (think Cisse's leg went when he was at Liverpool). There is no blame to be laid at anyone's door, feel sorry for the lad and hope he has a speedy and full recovery but also believe the red card should be recinded (spl) as the stoke player is probably suffering enough as it is even though no blame can be appointed to him, he needs to back back on the pitch playing competitively asap.

surfer
    Free Member

he only did it after hurting himself in a challenge with the player a few years before

He had fouled Haaland previously with a career threatening tackle which ironically injured Keane. The second tackle was a revenge for the injury Keane received making the first tackle!

Pikey logic!

snakebite
    Free Member

Votchy, Shawcross is training at the Arsenal ground this wekk, in readiness for tomorrows match against Egypt….bet he's made really welcome!

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Keane has subsequently admitted in writing that he intended to end Haalands carrers with that tackle. I think he quoted "have some of that you effing ****" It was a premedetated attack by one of the best midfielders of his generation. A player Wenger (And any other manager at the time) would have walked over broken glass to have in their team. He deserved jail time for it.

Football is all about double standards.

HTTP404
    Free Member

ahh the famous Keane / Haaland challenge. Iirc, Keane famously admitted the challenge in his book ("take that you *****!!"). And didn't even look at the ref. for a red card as he began his walk to the tunnel. Haaland even tried to take Keane to court over the wreckless challenge that ruined his career. Seems silly but it was all over a previous meeting where Haaland allegedly stood over an injured Keane and called him a "bluffer". Which Keane took great offence to.

As for Ramsey hope he recovers fully and makes a return. Not a bad challenge but Shawcross was probably sent off for his own safety.

Edric64
    Free Member

How am I spouting inflammatory crap ?.The play acting in football leads some rugby fans to say this .Some players look like they went to RADA and did the diving and cheating for beginners course.Lighten up Jamie.

Edric64
    Free Member

By Macc town Do you mean Macclesfield? I bet they get a few hundred quid like the rest of us, struggling league two clubs don't pay much.

iDave
    Free Member

in a past life i almost made it as a pro footy player – scored twice against stoke city funny enough. my 'career' was ended by an uncoordinated rugby oaf in a sunday afternoon park kick around. the thing with rugby boys is they lack fine motor skills. all brawn, little brain. like a hippo in a ballet.

Edric – any cheating go on in Rugby?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

M_f – fair point, he probably doesn't earn 200k a week , but I'm betting he earns a damn site more than most of the general public earn in a lifetime. Even lowly macc town players get a few grand a week!

I reckon he is on about £8k a week (just Googled and can't find out an exact figure, but he is only 19 so he will be on nothing like the 200k salaries) but still a nice amount granted. But if he suffers complications and never plays again, or ends up not finding his form and being farmed out to a lower division club…

But at the end of the day it really doesn't matter what he earns.

Andituk
    Free Member

Keane's challenge didn't end Haaland's career.

Haaland's career was ended by an injury to his other knee.

Edric64
    Free Member

Less brain than footballers? The players who speak the worst English whilst being interviewed are usually English!!
    By the way I do actually like football but there are quite a few players and fans that the game could do without!

Edric64
    Free Member

Plenty of cheating in rugby as well especially blood based ones.Its pro sport for you the rewards at the top are so high .There is a win at all costs culture .Drug use in the tour and in the athletic sprints etc.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

But people who don't really think for themselves decide that footballers are easy targets because their lives are splashed all over the papers every day of the week.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

If it was intentional he'd have gone for Fabregas.

That'd have put him top of Redknapp's transfer list and possibly got him a statue at the Lane regardless of whether he ever donned a Spurs shirt.

Viewing 33 posts - 41 through 73 (of 73 total)

The topic ‘Aaron Ramsey injury – jeez’ is closed to new replies.