Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • a 'what if?' question for militant science disciples (conclusive proof content)
  • yunki
    Free Member

Ok..

So I’m making the kids some toast this morning, and wondering, as great minds frequently do, about the nature of everything..

My sleepy mind lazily slipped back to that most popular of questions..

What if the entire universe is just a collection of sub atomic particles, making up the cells that form the colon of a giant interstellar cow, grazing in it’s giant interstellar field, on a giant interstellar farm, on a giant interstellar planet blah blah blah (you get the picture)..? And by the same theory what if inside every cell in our universe reside further universes and so on and so on in an incredible infinite fractal dance..?

And then it struck me.. right here in front of me was the answer.. the irrefutable evidence..
    Bovril and Marmite hold the key..

They taste the same right..?
    One is made from beef extract, cows, which are very big.. the other from yeast extract.. and yeasts are very very small..

but they taste almost exactly the same.!! 😯 😯 😯

So therefore I think we can very easily deduce that yeasts are the tiny tiny tiny cows from the sub atomic universes..

yeah.. not so dumb now with my leftfield bluesky thinking am I..?

So where’s my Nobel Prize…?

zippykona

Bovril tastes nothing like Marmite. Sorry to wreck your theory.

Klunk
    Free Member

is god the farmer ?

yunki
    Free Member

is god the farmer ?

LOL… don’t be daft.. that’s a bit far fetched..

I think it’s much more likely that pixies and elves are the farmers.. god is just a scary story to make kids behave themselves innit blud.. 😆

mikey74
    Free Member

Where in the many universes did you get the idea that Bovril and Marmite taste exactly the same? Not even close.

yunki
    Free Member

oh god.. what is with the budding Egon Ronay’s..!?

Marmite, Bovril.. even Vegemite.. brown sticky shit that tastes super salty and yummy on toasts..

all the same thing.. get over yourselves 🙄

fractal multiverse

santacoops
    Free Member

Marmite and Bovril do not taste the same, proof of this is foretold within the emerald tablets of thoth…

yunki
    Free Member

A Coward you are Withnail, an expert on Livestock you are not!

ah bolleaux.. did they really get there before me..?

gutted.. 🙁
    That’s my mate’s favourite film as well.. I am unoriginal and a bad friend..
    back to the drawing board

marcus7
    Free Member

Had to double check it wasn’t a kaesae post and we were setting up a research group…. 😉

bencooper
    Free Member

Marmite, Bovril.. even Vegemite.. brown sticky shit that tastes super salty and yummy on toasts..

What about Gentleman’s Relish? It’s got anchovies in it too – they’re not quite subatomic but they’re very small…

yunki
    Free Member

What about Gentleman’s Relish? It’s got anchovies in it too – they’re not quite subatomic but they’re very small…

aaah HAH! see!!

I have the backing of a posh person with special relish and exotic fish..

now we’re getting somewhere

santacoops
    Free Member

Which came first, Bovril or Marmite?

wwaswas

I can see future wars being fought by the Bovril and Marmite factions.

To be honest I don’t want to spread dead cow on my toast so I’ll stick to marmite.

leffeboy

your taste buds don’t seem to function. Are you sure that you aren’t actually just a computer simulation yourself, eh. You could just be a forum-bot that thinks it has become sentient

(mmm. Yeti Universal New Knowledge Impersonator – could be on to something here)

yunki
    Free Member

your taste buds don’t seem to function

I refer you to my Egon Ronay post earlier in the thread..

And bot or not, all of this is probably just a dream that one of the yeasts on my toast is having

yunki
    Free Member

a bot earlier, refusing to comment..

stevego
    Free Member

Bovril and Marmite are both foul, Vegemite is the real deal.

piemonster

all the same thing..

Clearly you are either mental or have malfunctioning taste buds

I personally am making the totally unsubstantiated conclusion that your are both.

piemonster

And where is that critter from in the photos?

leffeboy

from yunkis bot 😯

loum
    Free Member

One other possibility is that the tiny mini-universes aren’t really that small – they’re just very far away.

Anyway, I was with you ’till you called anchovies “exotic fish”.

piemonster

Ahhh, ‘The Dark Crystal’

About the right age that film to trigger a deep rooted childhood memory

IanMunro
    Free Member

Are you sure it’s a crow, rather than a rook?

yunki
    Free Member

At the risk of sounding even more like Kaesae.. Do cows get yeast infections..? And what about crows..?

tazzymtb

Do cows get yeast infections

yes and it can cause gangrenous bovine mastitis, as well as the more usual bacterial suspects…

yunki
    Free Member

the more usual bacterial suspects…

Do yeasts get cow infections..?

CountZero

IanMunro – Member
    Are you sure it’s a crow, rather than a rook?

Eh? Where did the Corvids come from?
    Although, someone might have to eat crow before too long… 😀

yunki
    Free Member

where are the usual fanatical sciencists this weekend..?

loum
    Free Member

At church?

CountZero

Yunki, I love it! Big fan of ravens, so I would.

supersaiyan
    Free Member

Sorry to wreck your theory hypothesis

FIFY

yunki
    Free Member

At church?

that is too kinky..

was there a mass banning or something..? Did I miss a row..?

yunki
    Free Member

I think we can quite clearly see here the tiny cows from the next smallest universe.. A breed not dissimilar to our Dexter cattle.. although I would have to see them without their space suits on to be certain..

samuri
    Free Member

In a way. Bovril and Marmite do taste the same.

You see, THEY BOTH TASTE ABSOLUTELY AND UTTERLY VILE!!!!!!

crikey
    Free Member

Bollocks.

No one, other than desperate vegetarians, ever had a cup of steaming hot Marmite drink at a footie match.

Bovril can be a hot drink, Marmite cannot.

The OPs theory falls and fails.

EdwardH

I have often wondered if what we see as the universe is actually the spaces between the electrons in an atom that is part of a large compound – and so on and so forth. So the universe is actually wrapped around and within itself, then it dawns on me – Ahh Uniformitarianism or what ever the term is for structural metamorphics.

Then I go back to my cup of tea.

CountZero

So, where’s the cowin’ Bovril?

yunki
    Free Member

No one, other than desperate vegetarians, ever had a cup of steaming hot Marmite drink at a footie match.

Bovril can be a hot drink, Marmite cannot.

There does appear to be a fundamental difference in the way that the two products are advertised.. Some subtle differences about the target consumer seem to be indicated, with perhaps almost a North/South divide thing going on..

Note the camp northern chappie in his torn pyjamas, a dreamy satisfied grin on his face after a night of being ravished by his chums on Blackpool pleasure beach..

Whereas the Marmite slogan appeals to the more steady and reserved Southern city gent, sensibly extolling the health benefits.. with the added bonus of being ‘nice’

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘a 'what if?' question for militant science disciples (conclusive proof content)’ is closed to new replies.