• This topic has 128 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • A question to the whole forum including the mods.
  • ton

whenever i post i i seem to get into a few words with deadly darcy on here.
    usually along the lines of him saying to me ‘why dont you threaten them like usual Ton.
    first thing, can any one remember me ever threatening them or anyone else on the forum.
    secondly to the mods, have i ever been warned or banned for threatening anyone.

i know i joke about dishing fist pie for certain things, but surely everyone knows that this is just a big joke.
    i have also ridden with loads of you off here, and has anyone ever had anything off to say about me and the way i act.

Rorschach
    Free Member

You’re a lovely bloke ton….(please don’t hit me…I I said what you told me!).
    I think I cheered you more at you than you did at me at HtN though 😕

donsimon
    Free Member

A bit sensitive there, cherub.
    Maybe using ‘fool’ as the first salvo, while not threatening, isn’t the most endearing way to converse.
    You have also been quite vocal about some of the things you’ve done in the past and equally vocal about what you would do to people who piss you off.
    You enjoy the big guy image and quietly encourage it, except when it all goes pear shaped and bites you on the bum. That’s when the crying starts.
    I thought you could take it fella…

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    ton

don simon………you right i guess.
    but have i ever made a threat?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I have found you very antagonistic in the past and found you to consider the threat of violence as an acceptable way to resolve arguments albeit very indirectly on here. I have found you to have moderated a bit and I have warmed to you but I find your attitudes towards violence and the use of the threat of violence unacceptable.

yossarian
    Free Member

Ere we go….

donsimon
    Free Member

As dishing out the fist pie is an extention of the big guy image you’ve allowed to build up, then yes.

Ere we go….

Where?

ton

ok teej, accepted.

druidh
    Free Member

TandemJeremy – Member
    I have found you very antagonistic in the past and found you to consider the threat of violence as an acceptable way to resolve arguments albeit very indirectly on here. I have found you to have moderated a bit and I have warmed to you but I find your attitudes towards violence and the use of the threat of violence unacceptable.

Basically that.

backhander
    Free Member

I think you’re fine ton. There’s some very sensitive princesses on here and also some trolling, argumentative fools with avery twisted view of the world.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its actually an interesting philosophical question about when violence is acceptable.

I think most of us would agree it was acceptable to use violence to protect a child from harm and it is not acceptable ‘cos someone annoys you. In between?

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I think it’s quite funny when somone who’s never met you sez ‘you woon’t say that to my/somone’s face’. 😀

As though they aren’t able to cope with an argument without resorting to violence. Quite pathetic really.

Ooh, I’m bigger than you and I’ll duff you up!

My, how butch…

CHB

Ton. I have seen heaps of your posts and never once seen you threaten or cause offence. Have seen you stand up to idiots, but I have not seen you seriously antagonised.

ton

teej, just let me say, only once since i was 19 have i hit anyone, and that was because i thought i was gonna get a thump.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

I find others behavior (padded-dibnah for example) a lot more offensive, people stick the big man / hard man tags together, I don’t recall Ton ever making that image for himself.

Not on the threads I bother to read anyhow. Great seller too. All round gent actually.

Oh, and as an afterthought, Big people like Ton aren’t used to people being lippy with them in real life, so possibly react differently to it, I suspect it’s the little men hiding behind their keyboards that cause most of the grief on here.

yossarian
    Free Member

Ere we go….

Where?

The hare is running. Who knows where it will end up. I cantsay I’ve noticed a particular amount of aggression from the OP, but I’m not really one for keeping score. What people say and what they mean are furthest apart on the internerd. I thought everyone knew that?

CHB

I once spilled a bit of Tons pint and he appologised for leaving it in my way.

tazzymtb

I’ve met Ton and he’s a lovely big cuddly chap……does give a mean Chinese burn though 😆

McHamish
    Free Member

Using threatening language and implying that you might ‘beat up’ someone on the Internet is pointless…and a little sad.

You might be threatening a 12 yr old, or a 60 yr old…they might be a 6 stone weakling or they might be a 16stone bruiser with a history of violence. They could be an experienced martial artist, or an ex boxer…or a flower arranger.

You have no idea who you’re threatening therefore you have no idea whether you could ‘beat them up’. It just makes you look like an idiot.

*when I say ‘you’ I don’t mean anyone in particular…just people in general.

Kevevs
    Free Member

Just don’t take it so seriously!

donsimon
    Free Member

I don’t recall Ton ever making that image for himself.

ton – Member

don simon………you right i guess.
    The big fella would disagree. He asked a question, I gave an honest answer. I wasn’t having a pop at him. Some people can have a spat and then sit down and have a pint and a laugh, others still have a lot of growing up to do.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I find others behavior (padded-dibnah for example) a lot more offensive

😀

I suspect it’s the little men hiding behind their keyboards that cause most of the grief on here.

ton

kevevs………….easier said than done.
    if you are accused of being a bully/thug on every post i tends to get a annoying i suppose.

RustySpanner

I take Ton’s talk about violence about as seriously as I take the Elf’s talk about flinging excrement at people, TJ’s legal expertise or SurfMat’s tales of awesomeness – ie, not at all.

Met him a couple of times, always comes over as a very pleasant and friendly bloke – quieter than you’d think, if anything.

jedi

wassup ton? i never heard you being anything but yself

duntstick
    Free Member

To balance things, your posts are generally well natured, good fun and get lots of response. I like your enthusiasm, don’t beat yourself up about it.

I think the whole bitchy, trolling thing on here, is damaging to the site and needs to be sorted, but saying stuff for a laugh is the way I’d like to see things go around here.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Its not about being aggresssive – I do not find Ton one of the more aggressive on here at all at all and clearly those who know him in the real world have a good opinion of him. I would trust him,

Its about attitudes to violence. On a number of occasions when there has been discussions about situations in the real world Ton seems to find the (theoretical?) use of violence to settle the dispute acceptable where I would not.

Mantastic
    Free Member

In forum world it is only natural that people craft a mental picture of other folks, it is this picture that you help build by your posts. Now I have never met you but I do have the impression you like to talk with your fists (rightly or wrongly) but that’s just the way it is. I assume that due to your post above the use of fits etc is really far from your mind, but you do reference it a bit in your posting.

Ps it is just a forum so you shouldn’t really give a toss what others think of you. Also my opinion counts for nowt.

Elfinsafety
    Free Member

I take Ton’s talk about violence about as seriously as I take the Elf’s talk about flinging excrement at people

No, I genuinely will throw poo at you if you upset me. 😐

boxfish
    Free Member

Did someone mention fish pie?

Kevevs
    Free Member

I dunno, I suppose if you know this lot personally, been riding with them and stuff, and they are having a dig it’s different. but life’s too short to get wound up about the opinions of strangers!

yeh, I’ll have some fish pie!

RustySpanner

Elfinsafety – Member

I take Ton’s talk about violence about as seriously as I take the Elf’s talk about flinging excrement at people

No, I genuinely will throw poo at you if you upset me.

Just to check, would this be your own, from another human being or from an animal?
    It’s wise to find these things out before hand, I always feel….

Jamie
    Free Member

Ton strikes me as a.…..

…well just that. Please make him stop, its putting me right off my fish pie.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

What does this even mean?

donsimon
    Free Member

but life’s too short to get wound up about the opinions of strangers!

I do find this a bit weird as behind the postings there are people, and people are going to get wound up about things other people say.

Kevevs
    Free Member

I learn’t from a Dyno-rod guy yesterday that human poo is worth 60 quid a ton to sell to farms etc. You gotta be fairly pished off to be flinging around such a valuable commodity!

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Ton – Having met you I would consider you to be a big softie. There are lots of people on here that are just out to antagonise people, I wouldn’t let it bother you.

Jamie
    Free Member

What does this even mean?

I think it means he’s a ****.

Edit. Weird. It starred out the word dude?

Ambrose

Ton- you have given good advice to numerous people in the past, made interesting points in discussions and offered help and assistance I’m sure. However I’ve pigeonholed you as the ‘belligerent’ type based upon more than one reference to violence, having done time? etc and a sort of quiet pride in these things. I’m not sure if we’ve ever met, but in my mind’s eye I picture you as a short, stocky, tattooed bloke, shaven haired who won’t take no sh!t from no-one, no sir. A sort of mountain biking Hell’s Angel.

However, this thread is modifying my view, you have a sensitive side too. Respect for that. Just lay off the allusions to violence. It is not big, it is not clever. In general it is a frowned upon method of conflict resolution between individuals.

As for DD, he is responsible for his persona on here just as much as you are for yours. You are feeling a bit fragile about what you feel he is doing. I have no opinion of him beyond him seemingly liking to troll a bit. He is quite possibly a really nice bloke, to date everyone I have met via STW has been. I tend to ignore trolls. I say my bit and then go. Life is too short.

jedi

oi big fella throw me a high5 and i hope if some one phuqed you off you’d be man enough to sort it 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 129 total)

The topic ‘A question to the whole forum including the mods.’ is closed to new replies.