Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)
  • A question about 'The Wire' Season 1 (schoolboy error content).
  • konabunny
    Free Member

FIrst few seasons of Oz were very good imo – tailed off very badly though.

I’m not trying to dump on your enjoyment but I gave up after the first couple of episodes of Season 2 – if it got any worse than that I’d have been really disappointed.

Sons of Anarchy, though…

meddle
    Free Member

Thread is officially derailed :D, OP got his answer though.

Sons of Anarchy – I really like this, much prefer to The Shield, haven’t watched the new season yet though. Not the best show in the world though far from it but I enjoyed it S1-3 anyway.

giantonagiant

meddle, I’ve been enjoying watching the ‘thread derailment’, not a fan of the sci-fi stuff, but Sons of Anarchy is great (only seen seasons 1 and 2 though!).

(First 3 episodes are being obtained as I type).

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    meddle
    Free Member

Season 3 is probably my favourite, it’s excellent. The finale is just simply awesome.

MrTall
    Free Member

Going back to the Wire – I missed them all the first time around but started a few months back to watch them on FX as they ran the series from the start (Once a week to begin with and then Mon-Fri for series 4).
    After series 4 FX seem to have stopped without showing series 5? Any ideas if it’s going to be shown again or am i going to have to get hold of the series 5 box set? Don’t really want to buy one as it’s the sort of thing i’ll only watch once.
    It’s just annoying to watch 1-4 then have 5 disappear? Cheers

Kevevs
    Free Member

Don’t miss the first bit it sets it all up. I’m envious of your ignorance of The Wire, it’s brilliant. It’d be so good to watch it all again afresh.

noteeth
    Free Member

The Wire had asmuch of a hold on me as Twin Peaks did when I was a kid.

Sublime TV, even if the final series did go a bit loopy.

Bream
    Free Member

Watched all the Wire series last year and was very impressed, currently working my way through Mad Men and also very impressed.

organic355
    Free Member

Going back to the Wire – I missed them all the first time around but started a few months back to watch them on FX as they ran the series from the start (Once a week to begin with and then Mon-Fri for series 4).
    After series 4 FX seem to have stopped without showing series 5? Any ideas if it’s going to be shown again or am i going to have to get hold of the series 5 box set? Don’t really want to buy one as it’s the sort of thing i’ll only watch once.
    It’s just annoying to watch 1-4 then have 5 disappear? Cheers

Isnt there only 4 series?

meddle
    Free Member

Nah there is a Season 5, it’s probably the worst of the lot but it doesn’t tint the show in anyway, I liked it. Yeah FX messed up by just showing 1-4, quite daft.

konabunny
    Free Member

am i going to have to get hold of the series 5 box set? Don’t really want to buy one as it’s the sort of thing i’ll only watch once.

Tried your local library? Failing that, you can buy and sell them on eBay/Amazon marketplaces for peanuts.

firestarter
    Free Member

I just bought season five due to fx not showing it after watching the first four

_tom_
    Free Member

I like The Wire but still find it a bit overrated. My favourite tv series is Breaking Bad 🙂

Kevevs
    Free Member

the 5th season goes a bit wrong in my opinion. It’s still one of the best telly programmes EVER! everyone should watch it.

firestarter
    Free Member

I was surprised to find out stringer Bell was English , and mcnulty too , and mayor carcetti is Irish

Also snoop was actually a real dealer and has served time for murder

Great show 🙂

MrTall
    Free Member

tom, i second Breaking Bad, great series that never really did so well over here.

I had to buy an ebay special of the 3rd series and don’t know what, if anything is happening with series 4?

Kevevs
    Free Member

Chess. [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0mxz2-AQ64&feature=player_detailpage[/video]

anagallis_arvensis

The Wire is very good but lacks cowboys…. Deadwood is betterer

_tom_
    Free Member

tom, i second Breaking Bad, great series that never really did so well over here.
    I had to buy an ebay special of the 3rd series and don’t know what, if anything is happening with series 4

Series 4 was amazing, best season finale I think I’ve seen! Not sure about getting it on DVD, I downloaded half and watched the other half on telly in Canada.

meddle
    Free Member

Breaking Bad is great, I’ve been holding off the fourth season though. No idea why. Deadwood ftw. Let’s talk comedy, Arrested Development anyone?

_tom_
    Free Member

I’ve been holding off the fourth season though. No idea why

Me either, it’s awesome. Get it done.

Also I think I prefer The Sopranos over The Wire, but I’ve still not finished it so haven’t experienced the apparently disappointing ending yet.

Viewing 21 posts - 41 through 61 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘A question about 'The Wire' Season 1 (schoolboy error content).’ is closed to new replies.