Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 192 total)
  • A gentle ride from Land's End (Warning: me me me content)
  • TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

The drunken chat about ‘doing something’ this year is about to become a reality and tomorrow morning I board a train from London to Penzance. Then it’s just the small matter of getting to John O’Groats by the 4th of May.

At this point we have accomodation sorted for the frist 3 nights and our trains booked (although we’ve not been able to reserve bike spaces so could be interesting).

We have no real routes planned just vague stops that we hope to make, we know our ultimate destination, so just plan on enjoying the journey.

I’ll try and post updates for anyone that’s interested, for everyone else you’ll be saved my nonsense for a couple fo weeks at least.

Sammie-Louise x

rOcKeTdOg

good luck, if you are coming through North worcs, give us a shout and i’ll put the kettle on, email in profile

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

These are the vague stops…

22/04/2011 Truro
    23/04/2011 Oakhampton
    24/04/2011 Bridgewater
    25/04/2011 Ross on Wye
    26/04/2011 Market Drayton
    27/04/2011 Preston
    28/04/2011 Carlisle
    29/04/2011 Edinburgh
    30/04/2011 Pitlochry
    01/05/2011 Invergarry
    02/05/2011 Invergorden
    03/05/2011 Wick
    04/05/2011 JOG

Any of those in North Worcs? 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    philconsequence
    Free Member

good luck dude, i’ll text you during our rides this weekend whilst your slogging it out on tarmac in sunny bank holiday weekend traffic…

“hey sexyboobs, becca, mat, jo and me are having a picnic in the woods, just cracked out 20 beautiful miles of twisty swoopy singletrack and its gorgeous… chilling in the sun right now. hope you’re enjoying the exhaust fumes :D”

that kinda thing 😈

Jamie
    Free Member

Shame the route is nowhere near me, as you would have been welcome to a protein shake and some inappropriate sexual advances.

donsimon
    Free Member

The Southern Yeti who?
    Good luck and enjoy. 😆
    If you get a bit lost or fancy a detour, I’m sure you could stay here a night or two. (Might live to regret that one).

rOcKeTdOg

nope, no where near, offer stands though if you detour

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Gies a shout when you pass thru edinburgh. I’ll put t’kettle on

toys19
    Free Member

[pedant]you will never find oakhampton. Its Okehampton.[/pedant]

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie I just checked and Ross-on-Wye is only 140miles from Cambridge. I’ll look forward to seeing you in lycra 🙂

(toys I realised that, but the first route I put up had me staying in Gt Torrington still, that’d made me really lost)

philconsequence
    Free Member

UGH! i suppose as everyone else is i better bow to peer pressure and say:

if you fancy a detour then you’re welcome to stay over at mine. but this time no forcing our bikes to have sex and stealing my tupperware!

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

See you in just over a week *can’t wait* 😀

iDave
    Free Member

I’m not far from Market Drayton – happy to distribute Tequila and scotch eggs from the side of the road.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Good luck, your not coming my way but offer stands of kettle and sticky buns

Jamie
    Free Member

See you in just over a week *can’t wait*

I imagine the release of that particular sexual tension will register on the Richter Scale 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Jamie you come to meet me and there’ll be a Tsunami 😯

iDave – got any tips for using this ride to drop a couple of % bodyfat?
    Will Tequilla and scotch eggs of it?

Actually… I want to get by on local delicacies. Cornwall and Devon it’s going to be pasties and scones, Easter Sunday I guess I’ll eat chocolate.. what about other regions?

philconsequence
    Free Member

Jamie
    Free Member

iDave – got any tips for using this ride to drop a couple of % bodyfat?

It’ll cost you.

….more than you will ever know.

Muhahahahahahahahahahahah……*breathes*….hahahahahahahahaha.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

I’m willing to give my pound of flesh!

instanthit
    Free Member

Hope your not planning on riding on the A30 from Cornwall, a BAD road, take the coastal route, hilly but scenic and definitely safer.

dirtygirlonabike
    Free Member

Jamie, my coffee almost ended up on my keyboard when i read that.

Scotland = deep fat fried mars bars. Not that helpful for dropping bodyfat i’m afraid.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

My native Staffordshire has delicious oatcakes, then come to my new home in chesire and see them spoiled with pumpkin seeds and fruit chutney. Sacralidge.

Jamie
    Free Member

Oh, there better be pictures of this, unlike that fake Swinley ride that never happend.

tartanscarf

You may well pass us on the way to Invergarry. If you fancy a stop/cuppa/drying room use give me a shout.

TS

Junkyard
    Free Member

i am in the Preston area if you need accomodation

ourkidsam
    Free Member

Dude, you’re SO doing it the wrong way. You’ll be going uphill all the way – look on a map!

bullheart
    Free Member

Good luck old son! Pop in on route and I’ll service your bike whilst you sit in the hot-tub.

Here in Kent.

philconsequence
    Free Member

ourkidsam +1

why not get the train to skottlandshire and then freewheel back down to the sunny south?

iDave
    Free Member

he’s doing it the right way – tail wind and a few days training before the big hills.

Daniel
    Free Member

I’m in Market Drayton if you need anything 🙂

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Thanks for the offers guys… you may live to regret them 🙂

Phil, I’m coming past yours on the way to that there London this evening, no need to feel left out!

philconsequence
    Free Member

ohhh what time you coming by and will you be wanting to stop in for a quick ten-rock of crack?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

instant hit – we’re thinking of riding through Cornwall on the southern side of the A30?

Phil – I’ve still got to pack the left pannier, or is it the right, so I might just have to fly on by. Smoke a rock for me though 🙂

Scamper
    Free Member

A third here who at least works just outside Market Drayton. Pity out tearooms not officially open on tuesday i think, but let us know where you are passing through 😀

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Does anyone live in Thurso, that can help me out with a bike sized box?

Apparently for the train journey back we’ve got to pack one of the bikes as they don’t have spaces on the train for all of them.

instanthit
    Free Member

Don’t know the southern side so well, im in Devon and often ride down to the outlaws but alawys go along the coast. When i did JOGLE couple of years ago we went along the coast again, i reckon the hills in Devon and Cornwall definitley harder than anything in Scotalnd, ie very steep and short. (prepares flak jacket).
    Have to say doing end to end was the best ride i have ever done, everybody should do it!! Ride, eat, sleep.
    Enjoy it.

philconsequence
    Free Member

off to the kids play park and lunchtime to sell some H, anything left over i’ll mainline in your honour 8)

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

🙄

chiefgrooveguru

You’re not doing this with my brother are you?

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Who’s your brother?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 192 total)

The topic ‘A gentle ride from Land's End (Warning: me me me content)’ is closed to new replies.