Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • A bar of soap has appeared in our bed.
  • zippykona

My wife’s family all do it to prevent leg cramps.
    It must work as we’ve not had any cramps since doing it but to be fair we never did before.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

My wife’s family all do it to prevent leg cramps.

Erm, are they ‘normal’?

zippykona

Quite possibly not.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

What type of soap?

pk13

Lavender soap works. According to my in laws.

jota180
    Free Member

Is it penis shaped?

nickjb
    Free Member

Has a beaker of water appeared, too?

bearnecessities

What type of soap?

At a guess, Simple.

scaredypants

has a nun been in to ask where it is yet ?

wrightyson
    Free Member

Is it penis shaped?

I’ve just woke up with the hangover from hell after the first session in a very long time and stw is providing comedy gold!!!!

oldnick

Unexpectedly finding a bar of soap in the bed placed there as part of the in-law’s beliefs would certainly prevent my experiencing any stiffness below the waistline.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

It would annoy a sleeping me so much that I would probably kick it through the nearest wall.

brakes
    Free Member

Interestingly* I found a random bar of soap near the local fountain this morning. I thought maybe someone had had an al fresco bath. Where do your family live?

*subjective

ElShalimo

Divorce for “unreasonable behaviour” is the only course of action.

66deg
    Free Member

Our dog sprints like a deranged fool ,barking her head off every time an aeroplane flies over the house.
    Has one ever landed in our garden, absolutly not ,which makes her completly sane. 🙄

Cougar

Has one ever landed in our garden ,absolutly not

If the logic displayed on threads like the Chinese Medicine discussion is to be believed, she’s doing an excellent job of stopping them them.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

have you just come out of prison ? if so perhaps it fell out of your crack…

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

If the logic displayed on threads like the Chinese Medicine discussion is to be believed, she’s doing an excellent job of stopping them them.

And if some of the logic displayed on threads like the Chinese Medicine discussion is to be believed,
    not only will it do nothing, but it might be highly dangerous and kill you !

66deg
    Free Member

zippykona

Have just visited the in laws and been told you can’t use Dove as it doesn’t work!

theotherjonv

Before dismissing it entirely, you need to conduct a placebo trial with another bar of soap sized waxy solid. When you turn in tonight, make a big show of producing a pat of butter, and tell the wife that you’re going to be trying something different out tonight. See what reaction you get :O

Report back, if you can.

Harry_the_Spider

The Romans buried soap in Hadrian’s Wall to keep giraffes out. By all accounts it worked.

chrisdw
    Free Member

flicker
    Free Member

jota180 – Member
    Is it penis shaped?

Wears Where’s the soap?

Edit: shakes fist a scaredypants 👿

Tinners

I once put a soft fluffy soft toy at “foot level” on Mrs T’s side of the bed to see what would happen when she got in. It didn’t end well.
    It was a spontaneous thought and, to this day, I don’t know why I did it, but while she was brushing her teeth, I nipped into the kids room and grabbed one of their soft fluffy toys then carefully placed it at foot level on her side of the bed and carefully covered it with the duvet. I then crawled in and closed my eyes, pretending to sleep. Eventually, Mrs T came into the room all “la-de-da-de-da”, took her slippers off, switched off the bedside light and gently slid into bed.
    There was a momentary pause as the tips of her toes touched fur, then a shriek of expletives as her knees overtook her shoulders as she rocketed out of bed. By the time I’d rolled over and switched the light back on, she’d bumped into all 4 walls, left the room and was already halfway down the stairs, shouting and screaming all the way.
    She had to be coaxed back into the room again, wide eyed and hyperventilating and wouldn’t get back into bed until I rolled back the duvet and said “See – it’s one of the kids Furbies. I put it there”.
    I should have left out the last sentence.
    We had breakfast in silence the next morning and it was years before I did it again.

psling
    Free Member

it was years before I did it again.

😯

Tinners

Psling, you know how it is – a couple of years down the line, wondering if you still have the magic touch and “how we’ll laugh when she sees the funny side second time around”. Hunt down soft toy, place in bed at foot level, pretend to sleep. In she comes, goes through the moisturising face routine, “dum-de-dum-de-dum”, slippers off, slide in to bed. Foot/fur interface, screams, then shoot out of bed knocking over the bedside table, screaming all the way down the stairs again. This time I was a little more reticent to own up and lay there in the dark for a few minutes wondering what would be the best tactic, until a voice came back from the darkness of the upstairs landing and said “That was you again, wasn’t it?”. She wasn’t happy about it and has threatened violence if I do it again.

benji
    Free Member

It would annoy a sleeping me so much that I would probably kick it through the nearest wall.

I wouldn’t get in a lather about it 😆

theotherjonv

There’s tonight’s entertainment sorted then.

slowoldman

Post_hoc_ergo_propter_hoc

Isn’t that Latin for getting lobsters out of peoples arseholes?

66deg
    Free Member

@ Tinners ,great story i enjoyed it so much that i clicked on the imaginary
    like button situated next to the share button that no one uses.

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive never got leg cramps – perhaps I should explore the whole bed to see if soap is involved.

MoreCashThanDash

When the kids were very small and used to get into our bed when they woke up at weekends, we would often collapse into bed the next night only to find a variety of different toys had been left there. Never had a hysterical reaction though!

ourmaninthenorth

CFH and slowoldman get a tip of the hat for the Peter Cook/Derek and Clive references.

theotherjonv takes it up (ahem) a level with Marlon Brando.

And Tinners, that is priceless!

(@OP you know, we know, your wife knows it’s a load of rubbish. Bet you spend the rest of your married life stubbing your toe in the middle of the night….)

aracer
    Free Member

Lavender soap works. According to my in laws.

It would be far more interesting to know what didn’t work

Have just visited the in laws and been told you can’t use Dove as it doesn’t work!

Well there we go. I demand a test.

TheSanityAssassin

Why not make a start on your very own bar of ‘soap’?
    I suggest an old sock would be a good place to start collecting the raw materials…

adjustablewench
    Free Member

I wiuldnt have a bar of soap in my house let alone in my bed, horrible stuff

wwaswas

I was tempted to put a soft toy in our bed tonight but I’m not sure I could cope with the quilt.

mattsccm
    Free Member

😆
    Bugger, she has just gone to bed.
    It wouldn’t work anyway as by this time of year she has socks on and the poor cat would just be kicked off the bed if it did.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘A bar of soap has appeared in our bed.’ is closed to new replies.