Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 5050xx rebuild > Getting the old bits out?!?
  • toyrobot
    Free Member

My 5050xx's died last week, the left one completely locked up and wouldn't turn in the slightest. I got them opened up last night and it looks like the seals were nipped when they were put together and this has let the grime in and the lubricant out.
    A rebuild kit is cheap enough but the problem is getting the existing needle bearings out. They appear to be totally jammed in, I've been trying to push them from one end with a flat screw driver and a hammer but that's just splitting the bearing casing but doesn't look to be actually progressing the thing out.
    Anyone got any previous knowledge on getting these bloody things out?

crazyjohnyblows
    Free Member

bigger hammer

or vice?

2pure
    Free Member

Hi,

If you are totally stuck please just get in touch and we will set you up with a returns number. That way we can get them back here and rebuild them for you.

info@2pure.co.uk

Thanks
    ran@2pure

toyrobot
    Free Member

I will certainly send them back for a rebuild if I need to but surely I should be able to get the needle bearing housing out myself? The bearing's have came to pieces through my attempts and it looks like it's just the outer that is now -it would appear- fused to the inside of the pedal.

Roughly how much am I looking at to get this looked at by the way?

2pure
    Free Member

Hi,

In certain cases the needle bearing can prove troublesome to remove – most of the time it is an easy case of knocking them through as you are trying. No charge for sorting, just drop me an email.

Thanks
    ran@2pure

toyrobot
    Free Member

Well thanks for that, I'll give it a few more tries and will let you know either way.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘5050xx rebuild > Getting the old bits out?!?’ is closed to new replies.