• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by bol.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • 29er Tubless Rims – recommendations
  • 99percentchimp
    Free Member

Any recommendations out there.
    Will be used on a Swift by a 100kg rider… XC and bikepacking
    First go at building tubeless wheels – any issues?
    Ta.

boxelder

Excuse me…..

boxelder

Stans Crest will be recommended numerous times – light and fairly strong, easy to set up. At 100kg, if not looking for light weight, Stans Flows may be a better bet.
    I’ve had no bother running FSA rims (XC 290) tubeless, with Stans rim strips – the rims are fairly standard and probably used/branded by other firms.

Clobber
    Free Member

Flows, the 29er version is available as 36h, I bike packed my swift through the Cairngorms with 36h flows on hope pro2 hubs. They had a really rough time, properly bashed around, yet you wouldn’t know they’d left the shed. I am very impressed.

cruzer
    Free Member

If you want a 29er rim thats not going to go out of true every 30 seconds then you want the FRM rims. ive had a set of prototype ones on my niner for the last 6 months and theyve been flawless.

The biggest problem with stans is that they lose tentsion after you up the tire on. whereas the FRMs dont. also the FRMs are lighter and also eyeleted compared to the stans.

If you want anymore info on them, best to contact Strada Wheels or drop me and email and ill point you their way. fantastic guys to deal with, and some of the top wheelbuilders in the UK.

bol

Might be worth looking at the new Stans Arch ex rims too. They are stronger than Crests, a bit wider and not much heavier. I’ve got Crests at the moment and am happy with them but will probably go for Arches for my next build. I’m about 100kg all kitted up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘29er Tubless Rims – recommendations’ is closed to new replies.