Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 29ER CARBON FIBRE FRAMES ON EBAY DIRECT FROM CHINA?
  • tk46hal
    Free Member
    clubber
    Free Member

Aren’t they exactly the same as the on-ones that they just bought from a catalogue?

JOKE – I know they’re not.

RealMan
    Free Member

Cheap, strong, light, pick two.

clubber
    Free Member

RM – a useful phrase but doesn’t always cover every scenario.

For example, a couple of years ago, I could buy a TT frame from China for £400. I could also buy the same frame but branded ‘Ciocc’ or (IIRC) ‘Ridley’ for three times the price.

RealMan
    Free Member

Yeah but I think these dodgy carbon frames off ebay are exactly that, dodgy.

I’ve got some super cheap, super light carbon handlebars that haven’t introduced my face to my stem at high speed yet, but I wouldn’t go for one of these frames.

tk46hal
    Free Member

I’ve bought direct from China all kinds of stuff, FSA K force Carbon bits, forks etc and have saved money, but, the heart of the bike? I’m not sure, but reading the feedback from all his other frame buyers, maybe just maybe a little tempted.

Jerome
    Free Member

Geometry seems a bit weird.
    Based on their measurements then the Toptube seems too short.
    Should be at least 24 inch on the big one..
    Pretty though..

AlexSimon

There’s a few forum posts about them on weight weenies and some road bike forums:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=carbonzone+ebay&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

scholarsgate
    Free Member

plenty of positive/negative stories over here

nmdbase
    Free Member

Something wrong with your caps lock?

onandon
    Free Member

It’s £400 with postage, just buy from On-one.

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

don’t most of the On-Ones come with swapouts?

I’d personally never buy one direct off ebay, It may look the same but that only means they have used the same mold/jig. You have no idea how much is fibreglass and how much is carbon and also no comeback if it goes bang.

There are lots of roadies out there who buy pinarello lookilikes that are the same shape with the whole your just paying £2k for stickers but all you need to do is look inside the frame to see the difference.

thomthumb
    Free Member

Y IS POST CAPITLZ

Toasty

Buy what from On-One?

On-One briefly stocked an 18″ carbon 29er frame, aside from that they’ve never had any carbon 29ers. The Lurcher is quoted as being a while off, I’d assume new stock of the Race 29er will take a while, and they’re very reluctant to give solid answers regarding other frame sizes.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘29ER CARBON FIBRE FRAMES ON EBAY DIRECT FROM CHINA?’ is closed to new replies.