Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • 28c tubeless road tyres
  • hydrophil
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend me any? proving hard to find these on the web…

bails

Schwalbe One?

hydrophil
    Free Member

Yes clocked those, anywhere to buy them???

Macavity
    Free Member
    Onzadog
    Free Member

I had to order my sectors from the states. Extra UK had no intention of bringing them in when I asked.

hydrophil
    Free Member

Onzadog – how do you find the sectors?

Onzadog
    Free Member

I’m really liking them. Raced my Tripster against some fancy tt bikes in an Olympic tri recently and got the second fastest time on the bike leg.

They roll well and grip nicely. I’d say that on rough UK roads, they’re quicker and comfort than anything else I can think of.

I’m looking for a new road/tt bike but have already rejected several bikes simply because it couldn’t take 28mm tubeless tyres.

mboy
    Free Member

Got 25c Schwalbe One’s on my road bike now. They’re fantastic quite frankly! Tubeless version on my Stans Alpha wheels is so quick and grippy, yet I can get away with just 80psi for more comfort too.

28c versions are available, but as with all Schwalbe tubeless road tyres, you’ll have to get your local Schwalbe Dealer to get them in for you as Schwalbe UK don’t want (quite rightly too IMO) the likes of Chain Reaction and Wiggle destroying the prices on them. Also because they’re such a new product, they want bricks and mortar stores selling them to actually fit them too. Unlike with MTB’s you can’t really reliably ghetto a road tubeless setup, so they don’t want people blaming them for “poor quality tyres” when it’s a home brew setup that is to blame.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

how much did you pay for the 25mm Schwalbes mboy?

mboy
    Free Member

Not at liberty to say as I get them at trade prices.

RRP is £56.99 each though iirc. Not cheap, but a lot cheaper (and more reliable) than decent tubs! And to be fair the clincher version is pushing £50 per tyre anyway…

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I’m running the 25mm Fusion3s on the good bike at the moment but I fancy trying the 25mm Schwalbes next time around. They’ll need to be cheaper than £45 though. ACycles have them listed but not in stock so we’ll see if they get some in over the next few months.

mboy
    Free Member

ACycles have them listed but not in stock so we’ll see if they get some in over the next few months.

As I mentioned above, no stock for online only retailers, they’re only allowing them into bricks and mortar stores for now. Also stock is VERY limited, when I got mine they were one of only about 6 pairs of tubeless 25c’s in the country.

They’re night and day better than the Hutchinsons for what it’s worth…

cloudnine
    Free Member

Onzadog.. what wheels are you using on your tripster?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Stans arch (pre ex). I’ve been told they shouldn’t work and that the bead will be too tight, but I got the tyres on my hand (just) and tgeyve held up just fine for about 500 miles so far.

Built onto some bulb 5 bolt hubs.

Raouligan
    Free Member

Well Germany suggests 35 Euro’s an end for the Schwalbe things so allowing for £7 postage they look alright.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Are things still the same? Bead snapped on my secteur just before the outlaw yesterday. Either need another one, or I’m wondering if I could get away with a couple of 25mm schwalbe ones on 19mm rims.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘28c tubeless road tyres’ is closed to new replies.