Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • 27.2mm dropper post options
  • sb
    Free Member

Any recommendations for a good one? 27.2 isn’t a partIcularly common size it seems ….
    Seen some on eBay branded redneck….Chinese tat??!
    Cheers!

Mowgli
    Free Member

I have a Redneck one. Not used it loads, but was surprised by how it’s been made. It’s nowhere near Reverb quality, but seems at least as good as a Gravity Dropper for a third of the price. The lever sticks out a bit too much though so I need to find a different option there before it puts another hole in my leg.

cardo

I ran a Gravity Dropper for 5 years .. Simple reliable not the prettiest but dead easy to look after. It’s sat in the loft not doing a great deal if you are after a 2nd hand one ? Email in profile.

moonboy
    Free Member

Did the cheap ebay stuff for a while. Till it broke.

Against advice bought an xfusion 27.2. After two rides, stopped working. Thought oh shit.

Recabled the inner and outer of the xfusion and put loads of grease in the mechanism. Nine months of weekly riding later and all is well.

If I had to to do it again, I’d go xfusion.

tomfun

YGM Cardo

hepstanton

KS do all their posts in a 27.2 version – and internal or external routing options. Start at £125 for the E-Tens up to £365 for the LEV.

nemesis
    Free Member

Very happy with my Hilo ones.

schmiken

Really tempted to try the 27.2 KS E-Ten after seeing one on Bike Discount. I also may have drilled the Inbred in preparation…

sb
    Free Member

Thanks all will look into a new post to be honest and check out the ones mentioned 😉

bensongd
    Free Member

I bought a KS e-ten off eBay, lever under the seat rather than remote. I think it was £55.00 Inc delivery from moos bike shop in Germany. Only 100mm drop but really smooth hydraulics. Find the item no. 201865036182 still selling them.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Ive got a Hilo x-fusion on the hardtail it’s a few years old but only had sporadic use but still works ok but does not like the bike stored on its end and cans take a few cycles to get it to stay up but Ive never serviced it

My epic has a speshalized command post and that’s done many many miles all with out issue but only short ish travel

davros

Thanks benson, ordered a ks eten. Bargain 😀

tomd
    Free Member

I fitted a KS eten on my wife’s bike last year. It’s given me quite a bit of gyp. The mechanism on the post is very sensitive to getting covered in crap and seizing up.

It’s only really worked since I fitted a rear mudguard.

I would not buy again.

davros

I don’t expect it to be great for that price, but i do have a decent mudguard so hopefully it will do the job. Time will tell…

MrGrim

I’ve got an X-Fusion HiLo sitting in the garage doing nothing. I’ve moved from 27.2 to 30.9 when I sold the bike I was using it on. Not sure what it’s worth second hand, but feel free to message me if you are interested.

5lab

am I right in thinking the only >125mm drop 27.2 seatpost is the old RASE black mamba? I can’t see any from other brands..

plus-one

Got one of those eten droppers linked above 😀

Arrived today very impressed with finish/action etc .. However me having long legs it’s 15mm above minimum insertion 🙁

That’s long though around 125mm ? Will I die or break post ? It sits below top tube junction and has 110mm in frame

jamesoz

They do have a deep minimum insertion, I bought a taller saddle to compensate. Easilly made up 15mm plus I can stash a tube above the rails.

plus-one

I’m running low profile saddle so that’s an option

Ta

eviljoe
    Free Member

Mr Grim, YGM

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘27.2mm dropper post options’ is closed to new replies.