Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • 27.2mm dropper post?
  • samj
    Free Member

Hi,

Any recommendations for a 27.2mm dropper post for my Dialled Bikes Alpine?

tia,
    Sam

Onzadog
    Free Member

So far I’m getting on well with the ks lev. They only do 100mm of travel but that seems to do the job.

samj
    Free Member

Thanks – do you know where i can pick one up online? – cant seem to find them in crc or wiggle?. Thanks again.

Onzadog
    Free Member

I got mine from one of the German mail order places.cheaper that way as well.

samj
    Free Member

Thanks to you both.

gonzy
    Free Member

Ice Lift V8 is designed for 27.2….its had some good reviews and is cheap at £120 compared to its rivals….apparently its a gravity dropper with better cabling

mos

i got an x-fusion for about £120 with aremote from wiggle. obviously not as smooth as a reverb but pretty dcent none the less.

roverpig

Gravity Dropper Turbo. Ugly as sin, but mine hasn’t missed a beat yet despite some pretty crappy Scottish winter rides (and some fairly crappy summer ones too).

acidchunks

Hilo.

Mines been awesome!

Mate has a 27.2 Lev that he paid £100 more for, the action is nice but its a lot slower to return

Hilo is solid as hell. comes with lever or remote and unlike the 27.2 lev you can adjust air pressure.

That icelift one looks like junk, limited adjustability and the Hilo isn’t much more coin if you get it from wiggle.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/x-fusion-hilo-remote-adjustable-seat-post/

Onzadog
    Free Member

The slow return on 27.2 lev can be cured by tightening the Kevlar cable in the post.

kiwifiz
    Free Member

Hilo is solid as hell

Well hell ain’t that solid then because I had two fail with upper shaft bends…..thankfully warranty covered. Also had a trail drop (v8 clone) crack through upper shaft drill holes…again warranty refund. I like the look if a mates LEV but fear I may just be to big a porker obviously for the engineering tolerances of the smaller diameter shafts. I’ m 6’1″ and 14 stone though so your mileage may vary if lighter. Just thought you might appreciate some balance in actual user experience. Sticking to my trusty old Thomson in the meantime but will try the LEV once everyone else has beta tested it for a while first

unstableJ
    Free Member

My Gravity Dropper does the job and is dead easy to service. A bit heavy and a bit industrial in styling but works well

eulach

Been using a (the same) Hilo without remote for nearly 2 years now. It’s been kept clean and had the odd wipe with suspension oil. There’s a tiny bit of lateral play, not at all noticable whilst riding. Until I used the carbon mounting paste, as recommended, the saddle occasionally tilted under a hard impact (crash – not just bouncing about). The return is just starting to slow and wouldn’t work with a remote. The next time I take it out I’ll check the pressure. If that doesn’t do it then I’ll be reading Richard Fox’s guide.

twang
    Free Member

Hilo here too, seems bomb-proof tbh. Had it for 18 months with no issues apart from topping up with air (once, recently) Recommended

eulach

I got off my arse and went and checked the air pressure – it now works. The last 20% is still a bit slow but age and abuse considered, all good. Now where did I store the remote kit?

rc200f8
    Free Member

I’ve got a Lev & a Hilo, the Lev is the much nicer post of the two, smoother action, linear post compression (the hilo ramps up & needs a good ‘push’ to fully compress it), nicer seat clamp, static cable, zero rotational free play, much better remote with lighter action & the cable can easily be disconnected from the post. Return speed of the Lev is slower than the hilo & cant be adjusted with air pressure but I find the return ok & easy to make small height adjustments with a flick of the lever. The hilo lever feels a bit frail & wobbly although I’ve not had any problems with it. Having said that, the hilo is a good post but it does have some rotational play, the action is not so smooth, the cable generally needs replacing if you need to disconnect it from the post. The hilo ‘lifts’ if you pick the bike up with the saddle down whereas the Lev is locked in position regardless of saddle position. The biggest advantage of the hilo is that it is fully home servicable & has the option of the under saddle lever plus its about half the price of the Lev. The Levs not currently avilable in the UK, I got mine from Germany with 2 year warrenty & free return postage – hope I dont need it, but I wish I could buy a spare kevlar cord though!

somafunk

Just took the plunge on a 27.2mm KS Lev from Bike Discount, it seems i am the only person who has resisted the lure of dropping my saddle, been riding wi the saddle at full riding height for 20+ years so i expect to be turned into a big air hucking riding god the instant i fit it otherwise it’s being sent back. 😉

I was going to wait for the thomson but it seems the KS lev is one of the better designs with the cable entry point and minuscule lever that i can fit to my odi grips.

benzi
    Free Member

+ vote for the xfusion. I had no probs with mine.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘27.2mm dropper post?’ is closed to new replies.