Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 27.2mm dropper
  • thegreatape
    Free Member

Is it just the Thomson or the Lev? I’ve discounted Gravity Dropper as the recipient wants an infinitely adjustable one, having had a go with my Lev and compared it to her RSP Plummet.

cookeaa

X fusion?

thegreatape
    Free Member

Has their reliability improved? I remember reading about a lot of problems with them.

acidchunks

I had no problems with my Hilo and it’s still going strong on a mates bike.

My advice would be avoid the lev, ks neglected to fit a valve to the 27.2 so when it loses air it’s back to the distro. As a friend discovered, that gets rather expensive once it’s out of warranty.

acidchunks

Actually, only issue I had with the Hilo was the clamp and they redesigned that a year or so back.

rondo101
    Free Member

Both my xfusions spewed oil from the collar seal within 6 months’ use. Replaced under warranty and then refunded as the retailer stopped holding stock.

Weighing up the cost of a Thompson vs buying a new frame in which my spare reverb will fit.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Ordered a HiLo. My mate has one on his used daily for instructing bike and it’s been faultless for over a year. Freeborn have them for £160 which seems not too bad.

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ice V8 also fits I believe. That’s the end of my contribution.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s welcome nonetheless.

Carbis

My wife has the Thomson and it’s worked perfectly to date, I was looking to get one but they seem to be like rocking horse poo at the moment. Have you seen a Thomson 27.2 dropper post in stock anywhere?

thegreatape
    Free Member

I haven’t, no, not actually in stock anyway (as opposed to back orders). Same with the HiLo actually, although less than a week for that according to Upgrade/Freeborn/Cyclestore.

jruk
    Free Member

Got through 2 hi-los and gave up. Had a gravity dropper for 4ish monthe and it’s great. Cable a touch short and the springs quite “you don’t want more kids do you” but it does the job and seems well built.

accu
    Free Member

in stock here..

https://r2-bike.com/THOMSON-Seatpost-Elite-Dropper-125-mm

have a gravityy dropper in 27,2 since 6 years..still brilliant, no
    probs…

vincienup
    Free Member

I has this debate and narrowed it to the XF, Thompson and Lev as I like the infinite adjustment. The early XFs got panned for a crap seat clamp which was apparently fixed about three model years ago.

I discounted the XF because I hate the remote.

In the end, I talked myself into buying a different frame to fit 31.6 and take a reverb as I was balking at £300 for a seat post.

Things escalated and I ended up with a nice new Soul 275 in place of old mk2 Soul. Ironically with a lightly used Lev.

If I was choosing externally touted droppers, Lev or Thompson, I’d go Lev simply for the cable routing. It’s so nice having the cable terminate at the frame. Similarly I’d choose the Lev over a Reverb as the loop of hose bugs me.

Internal routing hasn’t got as far as me yet.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘27.2mm dropper’ is closed to new replies.