Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • 27.2 droppers, what are the options?
  • lambchop
    Free Member

Rockshox don’t do a Reverb that size so is there anything else available?

RustyMac

X-Fusion HiLo
    Pure Racing KS i7

jam-bo

Ice lift v8. Happy with mine for the £90 I paid.

Simon

Off the top of my head, X Fusion Hilo, KS i7, Gravity Dropper, cheap Gravity Dropper style posts like the Tmars and Ice Lift V8.

Onzadog
    Free Member

March next year should see the ks lev in 27.2 but only 100mm drop. It’s what I’m waiting for.

shism14
    Free Member

Heard good reports on the X Fusion post

Northwind

Gravity Dropper Turbo- ugly but excellent. Lighter for this year, too, and it was already one of the lightest.

nwill1
    Free Member

Pinkbike claimed the Thomson dropper is coming in 27.2 flavour in the summer!

Onzadog
    Free Member

Really? That is interesting.

Northwind

Lots of excitement about the Thomson but they’re still in early prototyping (and making big optimistic promises about longterm reliability, on a product that hasn’t had any longerm testing). Wait and see I reckon, hopefully they can deliver.

Thomson say they’re developing a 27.2 and hoping to show it this summer so it won’t be in the shops til a good while after that, assuming it arrives at all.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

I’ve used the X Fusion HiLo for almost a year and my only criticism is the remote lever – it’s bloody hard to press. I’m thinking of swapping it over for a better design from another manufacturer, has anyone done this?

themightymowgli
    Free Member

+1 for the gravity dropper. Basic, ugly but it works really well, I’m not looking at it and its so easy to service. Got it cheap off the stw classifieds. One lever, one cable, one pin, one spring 2 nuts gently slapped.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Ive got a GD but if I was buying again I’d have to be pursuaded against the Tmars (re sold as Forca, Ice Lift, Traildrop) from a UK supplier

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251192301320?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

They have copied the basic GD design (ie coil spring rather than hydraulic/pneumatic, pin sits in holes in the inner/upper tube to set positions). Not a whole lot to go wrong.

nutsnvolks
    Free Member

http://www.evomtb.co.uk/x-fusion-hi-lo-drop-in-100mm-seat-post-272

x-fusion, may have seen it cheaper elsewhere, also there is the tmars in 27.2

RustyMac

Trailrider Jim

Have you replaced the cable from the lever to the post?

I got a used one and have stuck a jagwire outer cable and Teflon coated gear inner and this has helped massively.

tandemwarriors

I got a used one and have stuck a jagwire outer cable and Teflon coated gear inner and this has helped massively.

+ lots
    The cable supplied is naff, I’ve swapped to a teflon coated cable and it’s much better. That’s the only issue I’ve had with my HiLo in 12 months, excellent bit of kit.

Rob

andrewh
    Free Member

I’ve got the Forca one (30.0 seat tube, so only option is to shim a 27.2)
    It is very basic, and quite cheap too. It’s cable operated, with a couple of springs, no damping, just two little pegs to limit top and bottom. No way to adjust how far up/down it can go.
    When I got it I wasn’t impressed, depsite it being cheap it looked flakey even for the price, primitive and just felt clunky.
    However, after 11hrs of the Transvesubienne, some of the most brutal riding I have ever done in some horrendous weather, it was still going when all the fancy ones had long since packed up. And it was a doddle to service afterwards.
    If I had to make an analogy it would be like an old Series 11 Landy. Very primitive, nothing fancy, doesn’t look like it should work. But keeps going and nice and simple for home mechanic.

trickydisco
    Free Member
    mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whats the frame? Upgrade time?

colournoise

Another +1 for the Forca and its variants. Running mine shimmed in a BFe and with a 10 minute strip down every few rides it’s been flawless for nearly a year now.

As others above say, switch out the cable for something better, make sure you get the cable tension right and it’s all good. Not many parts to go wrong and easy to work on. Mine has admittedly developed some rotational play but once I’m riding I honestly never notice that.

Mowgli
    Free Member

I am pondering upgrading my frame to Bfe so it can take a decent quality dropper (reverb), but every now and then snap back to my senses and not spend £450 to essentially have a posh uppy downy!

All these Forca/Ice Lift things may work well and be easy to service, but they look cheap, nasty and like they will go clunky very quickly. Does anyone else really not notice any wobble or play when riding along with it fully extended?

colournoise

The play is there, but I honestly don’t notice it when riding.

tymbian
    Free Member

My CB Joplin has nominal side to side movement. Doesn’t bother me at all.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘27.2 droppers, what are the options?’ is closed to new replies.