Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • 27.2 dropper posts preferably cableless
  • scuff321
    Free Member

Looking for 27.2 dropper post for my xc bike preferably manual and light weight the only thing I can find is the orbea digit, seen some Bluetooth offerings but don’t think they come in 27.2, the reason I want it cableless is won’t use it that often and the bike frame is sleek and cable would just look untidy

br
    Free Member

XFusion HiLo.

It comes with a cable but also an underseat lever.

Works well for me as I swap it between my HT and my sons bike, otherwise it’d have a cable.

, the reason I want it cableless is won’t use it that often and the bike frame is sleek and cable would just look untidy

Do we also presume it’s SS too, for the same reason? 😉

scuff321
    Free Member

Ye that Looks like it could be what I’m looking for what’s the weight like ?

Andy-R

A Gravity Dropper isn’t particularly heavy, though it might not be “sleek” enough for you.

Junkyard
    Free Member

i had a lever one
    TBH , unless its tarmac smooth, you need to stop to lower it in which case you may as well just use the QR and you dont have any weight penalty either

spooky_b329

Gravity dropper…I went for a non-remote as I swap it between two bikes.

Northwind

Gravity Dropper Descender is the same dropper as the Turbo but without the remote. WHich kinda ruins it but still, good for what it is. I had one and mostly it was like being teased- “Just imagine how good I’d be, if you could operate me now… but you CAN’T! HA!”. Luckily, you can also upgrade it just by buying the parts, which at the time wasn’t too expensive.

slowboydickie

GD for me. Weighed mine last night and it is 480g. It’s circa 410mm with no cable.

spooky_b329

I chose a multi-position 1 and 3″ drop on my non-remote gravity dropper…I almost never use the full drop as its too low, and use the 1″ drop for descending/twisty singletrack.

However, as its a non-remote it is just that bit more faffy trying to drop it to the mid point on the approach to a techy bit.

I going to drop my post 1″ to mimic a 2″ drop, and if that turns out to still be good for pedalling, will consider buying a new upper with a single 2″ drop to make it easier to use.

ndthornton
    Free Member

the reason I want it cableless is won’t use it that often and the bike frame is sleek and cable would just look untidy

Im with you on that one – no need – extra clutter – more to go wrong

I got the Thomson 27.2 dropper – nice but expensive. They come with a remote but you can upgrade to an under saddle lever 😀

Irritatingly Thomson have stopped making the upgrade due to lack of demand but I found one eventually

br
    Free Member

TBH , unless its tarmac smooth, you need to stop to lower it in which case you may as well just use the QR and you dont have any weight penalty either

Eh? Just MTFU and hold on tight 🙂

Ye that Looks like it could be what I’m looking for what’s the weight like ?

Heavy, compared to the I-Beam setup I was running before – but then everything is heavy after that. TBH I don’t care and just accept it. Even for a ‘race’ it’s worth it where you’ve long descents and/or super-steep bits; I’ve run it at Glentress 7’s for the last couple of years and will be again this year.

honourablegeorge

Why waste the money on something you won’t use very often, and then make it worse by not having a remote?

Just use a QR.

scuff321
    Free Member

Honourablegeorge the question was aimed more to racers please if you don’t understand the question don’t waste your time looking stupid, using QR means dismounting. I’ve got a cube reaction slt which comes with a carbon rs-1 fork which has hydraulic lockout remote plus I run 2×11 sometimes so handle bars are already overloaded, I’ve seen an orbea digit which uses the QR but it’s guided and has high and low stops which would be perfect but don’t think it comes in 27.2, just wanted to see what else was on the market sometimes there’s smaller private companies that not many people know about or something I’ve overlooked, Thomson elite with under seat lever would be good but it’s expensive and they’ve stop making the lever, so if anyone has anything sensible to say please go ahead, maybe I should man up and just ride the rough stuff with seat pull height like the pro’s

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘27.2 dropper posts preferably cableless’ is closed to new replies.