Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • 27.2 dropper post
  • fishman
    Free Member

Hi

Is there any decent 27.2 dropper posts out there?

br
    Free Member

Yep, I’ve had an X-Fusion on my HT for over a year now with no problems.

fishman
    Free Member

Im completely new to dropper posts mate, im thinking about treating my hardtail to one ;), this x fusion, so is that a year without servicing it?

thanks.

Liftman

Gravity dropper

Hoff

How much do you want to spend? Deliberated for months, read all of the reviews & I’ve literally just fitted one of these RSP Only tested it the kitchen so far but works straight out of the box, will be out for a proper test later. Admittedly not the nicest looking with retro looking gaiter!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member
    jam-bo

Only reason to go for thomson over a lev is the extra drop. (125mm vs 100mm)

I have a ice lift v8 which is functional, cheap but a bit crap.

I also have a LEV which is really nice but quite pricey.

RoterStern
    Free Member

I’ve also got a KS Lev for my hard tail. I have been very satisfied with it. The only problem I’ve had in two years of use is that the kevlar cord inside the post which operates the dropping function snapped and had to be sent back to them but all done under warranty and within a week.

cookeaa

Another X-Fusion user here, excellent VFM.

martinhutch

Just fitted an RSP (about 78 from Tredz). Jury’s still out for me. Felt a bit gritty after one ride, so stripped it down and greased it yesterday, needs the cable tweaking too.

It’s an absolute git to put back together again!

nickc

another xfusion user here. They’re an under-rated post. watch how tight you do up your seat collar though, as it makes a difference

ads678

Tmars is a doddle to service, might be a bit industrial, but it works.

bigrich

I’ve got a thomson and it’s wikidz.

br
    Free Member

All I do with my xfusion is wipe and lube.

Also never bothered with the cable and find the under seat lever works well

fishman
    Free Member

Thanks,,

the x fusion looks good,, but the THOMSON looks, very good,, 😉
    with a price to match.

Gary_C

Gravity Dropper.

Bought mine in May 2007 & It’s still working perfectly.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Gravity dropper.

Bought my first one in August 2005 and it still works perfectly.

Only ever opened it up out of curiosity as well, never needed a service.

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s an absolute git to put back together again

Likewise with the RSP I got for my wife’s bike. Until I put it back in the seat tube to hold it, and wound out the cable adjuster to pull the pin back, after which it was a doddle to put back together (spring out too, put it back in from the bottom afterwards).

chestrockwell

I’ve got a Thomson and can confirm they’re ace. You get what you pay for.

mcnultycop

I had my maiden ride on my Thomson yesterday. Lovely big of kit.

martinhutch

Likewise with the RSP I got for my wife’s bike. Until I put it back in the seat tube to hold it, and wound out the cable adjuster to pull the pin back, after which it was a doddle to put back together (spring out too, put it back in from the bottom afterwards).

Similar method for me – zip-tied the shifter so the pin was back, used a blob of grease on the little metal rods to try to hold them in place, then got it back in on about the 20th attempt. Much swearing was had. Didn’t think about taking the spring out from the bottom. Duh.

Felt like a job that required about four hands.

Northwind

My Gravity Dropper was brilliant- bought it well used, used it myself for a few years nonstop, sold it on to someone on here, as far as I know it’s still going. Only sold it because I wanted more drop and I didn’t have a 27.2 bike any more, but I see most 27.2 options still only offer 4 inches. Kind of crazy that the very first real dropper post is still at the very least competitive with everything else.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Yes I have had mine years and there is just nothing really to go wrong with them

I had an orignal and that was only 3 ” drop and I find 4 ” is enough

They may be fugly but it will be interesting to see how many of the new breed last 10 years and they have fairly onerous servicing regimes

Bit agricultural but they do work.

oldnpastit

T-Mars is great and very reliable.

But don’t go to Wales in the rain with it as the greatness and reliability wash off and turn into gritty stuck badness.

nickhart
    Free Member

Thomson, lovely, well made and lovely to use. Oh and seemingly rock solid under my seventeen stone (fully laden) frame.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘27.2 dropper post’ is closed to new replies.