Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • 24 hours of MUni – Troutlight
  • blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

thursday 11:35;
    'postie' brings new Troutlight. Looks lovely. 97 grams! Super, just in time; just entered 1st enduro and it's getting dark during my riding times!

thursday 19:38;
    fix puncture in MUni tire from previous evening ride – find three individual holes. Attach Troutlight to helmet.

friday 04:10;
    leave house to arrive at the woods for a play. Wow. 1000 Lumens. Thats serious. Need to angle up slightly. Descend through the woods to arrive on the downs. Clip pedal on edge of singletrack, land on feet – what's that? *listens* Hisssssssss. Remove tire, find huge thorn, roughen tube, apply glue-less patch, patch falls off………………… no more patches. Walk home.

aaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

trout
    Free Member

That is a bummer Jamie , I hope this is not a trend that Troutlights make you more puncture prone .

Bloody hell out riding at that time when do you sleep .

not one to miss a photo call

yoshimi

Trout, that really is a thing of beauty – its on my list of wants needs!

lowey

I stroked his lights….. lovingly….

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Sorry for the threadjack, but Trout, do you actually sell the beast thats on your website with the silly output (16 emitters or something?).

Sponging-Machine
    Free Member

Trout, how much do you sell the lights for? My mate Carl (Fatmuthahubbard) has one and is raving about it.

blue_mountain_goat
    Free Member

Yes Chris, I'm a morning man! The light is stonking. I was stopped with the light on low for at least 10 minutes and there was no heat build-up detectable to my fingers!

trout
    Free Member

Swiftacular
    The insanely powerfull one is what I use and is very ghetto in appearance

I have one in the unfinished projects box waiting the time for it to be completed and put in the classifieds . looks a lot nicer and is going to be anodised the nice gunmetal grey too .

the same outputplus a bit as 2 lupine bettys

Sponging machine

£165 plus postage plus batteries/charger

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Can you Anodize it black or gold rather than gunmetal? ill take it as/when the time comes. Fancy dropping me a mail?
    Edit: Quite like the gunmetal actually.

DrP

Trout – I've one of smudge's 14.4v lith batteries (with charger).
    Would that work with the black light above, and how much would one of those be?
    Any available??

Or… what voltage does the mental light above need?

DrP

richcc
    Free Member

Getting a Troutlight is on my to do list – might not be for a couple of months but at some point I'm going to weaken and it's going to have to happen. Don't know why I'm fighting it really.

richcc
    Free Member

BM Goat – are you sure it was a thorn or is there a possibility you just melted a hole in your tyre with 1000 lumens?

trout
    Free Member

DrP
    both lights require a 14.8 volt Liion battery so your is perfect .the only difference is the (darkness obliterator) needs a larger capacity in amp hours for a decent runtime on full .

Richcc
    👿 I am working on you slowly at every chance to post a pic of one of my lights You really need one 😈

richcc
    Free Member

Trout – So there is something subliminal aimed just at me in those pics! What's the current lead time on getting a light? (oh and you've spelt collaboration wrong on this page)

PaperLawyer
    Free Member

and you've spelt helmet wrong on this page 😉

One of the smallest, lightest and most powerful helemet lights on the market

I'm loving the power of the Troutlight, I just need my HID bulb to fail to justify the upgrade 🙂 (I have a 14.8V LiPO battery pack and charger).

How long will a HID bulb last? Mine is running on my commuter bike (~40 mins each way) and has survived three winters so far.

Junkyard
    Free Member

[gloats] I own one of his lights[/gloats]

Seriously good lights run times and utterly indestructible
    Buy British Buy trout
    Mine is a mere 750 lumens(real not claimed) surely you need shades with the new ones?

trout
    Free Member

Cheers for the spell check
    it must be how they spell in OZ as it was a guy over their who did the website .
    I will go and correct them I should really update it too but am waiting till the new stuff is available

Rich
    you could have the third prototype in a week or so when I have drawn it up as I do things backwards IE make the housing then draw it up on paper.

Paper Lawyer
    the voodoo HID doll is out now sticking pins in to short it out.

Junkyard
    Yours is lasting far too long :mrgreen:

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘24 hours of MUni – Troutlight’ is closed to new replies.