Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)
  • 2016 Which lights!
  • Northwind

Not much further forward myself but very impressed with the BT40S, so far. The beam isn’t quite as perfect as the old MJ872 but it’s not far off it, and it has noticably more power. It seems a fair bit whiter which isn’t really to my taste mind. Still fannying about, but if I had to buy lights today I’d get 2 of these.

swoosh
    Free Member

My u2 mini from torchy arrived yesterday and whilst I’ve not had chance to get out for a ride with it yet I have taken it out into the garden and taken some pics for you lot.

My handlebar light is a magicshine 808 which looks like this:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/MPvF2b]Magicshine 808e[/url] by Richard McBrayne, on Flickr

And this is the torchy u2 mini
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/NJ6tjL]Fluxient U2 mini[/url] by Richard McBrayne, on Flickr

The little markers are at 5m, 10m and the fence at the end is 15m from the camera and light.

hughjayteens
    Free Member

I recently bought a Gemini Titan with the 8 cell pack and it’s incredible. Liked the idea of an all in one light but the Maxx Ds etc look so bulky on the bar and this really is very low profile and much smaller than I expected. I tuck the battery down above the bottom bracket so it’s solid and keeps the weight low down for what that’s worth.

Recently added a Gemini Duo helmet light which is great – light enough and very powerful, but a little too wide a beam to work well alongside the Titan and I prefer an all in one helmet unit i think. The wireless bar switch is brilliant though and makes it really easy to adjust both lights up and down on the fly.

greatbeardedone
    Free Member

Got the sports armband yesterday.

I managed to fit two of the 4×18650 batteries that are supplied with Far East lights. Room for a spare.

I thought that the battery cable would fit through the hole that’s meant for headphones…sadly not without modifications (scissors).

My brawny biceps/ bingo wings must be too beefy, as the Velcro strap feels a bit snug, but works better below my elbow.

Maybe it will stretch with time or I could modify it with an extra strip of Velcro.

Hope that helps.

stubri
    Free Member

Wanted to share my experience with some lights from ITUO – a fairly new brand I think. I’ve been using a 1500 lumen Wiz20 (recommended in Singletrack) and a Wiz2 helmet light (800 lumens). They feel like top quality products and do just what they claim, I am very impressed so far. They charge by USB and no need to take the batteries out, they both lights have replaceable batteries inside so no faffing with battery packs. I’ve been using them off-road and on my commute and they do both jobs great. I bought a couple of 18650 batteries, so I even have spares for when I forget to charge them up.

swoosh
    Free Member

Has anyone got any experience of both the Lumenator and the Wiz20 lights? Would love to know how these compare to each other….

iainc

stubri – Member
    Wanted to share my experience with some lights from ITUO – a fairly new brand I think. I’ve been using a 1500 lumen Wiz20 (recommended in Singletrack) and a Wiz2 helmet light (800 lumens). They feel like top quality products and do just what they claim, I am very impressed so far. They charge by USB and no need to take the batteries out, they both lights have replaceable batteries inside so no faffing with battery packs. I’ve been using them off-road and on my commute and they do both jobs great. I bought a couple of 18650 batteries, so I even have spares for when I forget to charge them up.

interesting info, first post too 🙂 are you banksy, he said the same in his first post :

banksy – Member
    I am very impressed with an ITUO WIZ20 – the light is compact with internal batteries and easily bright enough (1500 lumens) for anything our local trails can throw at us. It feels top class and is a great bar mounted light. A helmet light would top it off nicely. I’m thinking of buying another ITUO light – they do a Wiz2 which looks like it will the job really nicely. ITUO seem to be on their way to establishing a reputation for producing top lights – has anyone else used any of them ?.

🙂

joebristol

I’ve currently got a couple of lights. Both cheapy Chinese things – 1 is like a torch with 1 led and an 18650 li-ion battery built in. Not good for off-road it would appear – not enough light and can flicker a bit. Got another light which is bar mounted (or head harness thing) with a seperate battery pack. Commuted with it last year but mostly in cycle track and it was pretty powerful.

Thinking about trying some night riding in Jan or Feb off road so think I’ll use the headlight thing and get a n other light to join it. Mount one on the bar and one on a helmet. Don’t want to spend more than £50 on a light which limits my choices – away from the expensive brands.

Looking at Torchy on eBay – 2 lights stand out – the bk thr33 race and the bk 6ix race. Has anyone got either of these lights / got any thoughts on how good they are? Won’t be hardcore off-road stuff – just Ashton court / Leigh woods in Bristol. Max 2 hours so run times shouldn’t be a drama. Photos below show my current light and the 2 lights on eBay I’m referring to.

joebristol

Also just found a magicshine 900 for £42 – thoughts on this vs Torchy bk thr33 race vs Torchy bk 6ix race?

swoosh
    Free Member

I contacted torchy recently regarding his lights and he said he’d had a few in to test so will update his blog in the new year.

I was going to get a bk thr33 to replacey oldagocshine 808 if that’s of any use to you.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I just got a C & B Seen 3000 lumen light. Not had the chance to use it yet but the guy was very helpful when ordering and it looks the business. Seems like a good balance between price and quality.

Viewing 11 posts - 161 through 171 (of 171 total)

The topic ‘2016 Which lights!’ is closed to new replies.