Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR – any good?
  • armchairbiker

I'm looking to replace my 07 Enduro for something with 1/2 decent forks that don't need to be replaced every 8 months. Looking at the new Enduro or FSR Stumpjumper – i think it's the Stumpy for me.

Has anyone got one yet? Any good?

I'm trying to get a test bike sorted but getting the right size to test is a challenge (I could be either a Medium or Large – but LBS only has a large test bike).

stumpy01

Ha – I am trying to get a feel for this too.

My current shortlist is the Stumpjumper Elite, Fuel EX8 and the Zesty 314.

Trying to find demo bikes for them all is proving difficult. The only Zesty I have found is up in E'burgh (thebikechain on here, has one) and ideally I'd want to ride them all within a few days of each other.

Might have to leave it until the new yr or just cross the Zesty off the list and just demo the Trek & the Spesh.
    I thought there'd be more info about the 2010 bikes by now as they've been in the mags for about 3 months now.

armchairbiker

All I can say is that my ride round the LBS on the Specialized Stumperjumper was impressive – feels more laid back akin to the previous Enduro.

The New Enduro just looks a heavy weight machine and I'm too old for 6 foot drop offs

rs
    Free Member

why not just buy some new forks for the enduro?

sofatester
    Free Member

why not just buy some new forks for the enduro?

+1

psychle
    Free Member

Assuming you're having issues with the E150?

Probably a silly question, but have you handed it over to Spesh to be serviced and upgraded to the new 2009 internals? Made a huge difference to mine, no problems since in fact (it's been almost 8 months since it was done under warranty…)

armchairbiker

I'm on the 09 internals (as well as new rear shock). Much better ride, but still the chance of a new machine is tempting

replacing the E150 = new fork, new stem, new front wheel. Sell on ebay and buy bike for not much more!

stumpy01

Hmmm, I am sure that any of the bikes on my shortlist can handle stuff much better than my not-so-great abilities can, so perhaps riding them all is largely academic.

And they'd all be better suited to the type of riding I do now than my current bike. But, I think if I didn't test ride them all, there'd be a nagging doubt in my mind that I hadn't bought the right one.

rs
    Free Member

stumpy, just buy the one you like the look of, then you'll be happy :), fair point about all the other parts ACB, but if you're between a med and large, try the large and if it feels too big go medium, easy 🙂

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Hi

I've had mine for 3 weeks now. Done 3 decent solo outings, each about 40 – 45Km. CyB Beast and Tarw, Llandegla – World's End and the Marin (2 loops on Monday, a lovely day).

Does climb very well and let out the forks and downhill is a dream. Very alive ride if you want or very forgiving if you are knackered.

Have just converted to flat pedals!!

Basically you cannot go wrong if you get the sizing right 😉

Good luck.
    Paul

nuke

Blimey, didn't realise the Stumpy FSR has been upped to 140mm of travel. Thought they'd remain at 120mm.

stumpy01

That'd be another reason why I definitely want a demo. I am on the cups of a small/medium & I reckon that a medium would be better but would want to ride before saying for sure.

I'm 5'6" or thereabouts, and I think the S is recommended up to 5'5" and the M is 5'6"+

armchairbiker

clarkpm4242 – you ride near where I live. Excellent. I'm 5'10 / 5'11 and ride a Medium Enduro but when I sit on the Medium Stumpjumper FSR it feels a bit small.

Glad to hear it's good – any photos?

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

Heyup

I am 5'11" and a smidge (and shrinking). The large is much smaller than my 20" frame Kona.

I had great service from the Specialized Concept Store in Chester. Worth a visit.

Sorry no photos, although there is no choice the colour scheme is pretty cool.

Paul

armchairbiker

clarkom242 – what size do you ride then? Are you on a Med or Large? I will probably pop into the Spec concept store in Brum nest week

clarkpm4242
    Free Member

A Large. Seems perfect, so far, geometry is a lovely balance esp with the adjustable forks.

Hope it works out for you.

Paul

foolishmiracles
    Free Member

psychle – If you dont mind me asking how much does it cost for a service & upgraded internals? I have the 08 E150, are the 09 internals much better?

armchairbiker

foolish – just take your bike to LBS and ask for a service. They send forks off and new ones come back if they are b*ggered. That's what happenend to me. Probably cost £100

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘2010 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR – any good?’ is closed to new replies.