Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • 142+
  • vinnyeh

Another standard that seems to have slipped by me- is it correct that this will only fit Specialized frames?

Kuco

No a lot of frames now come with this.

100mphplus
    Free Member

Pretty standard on every 6″ travel AM bike these days.

vinnyeh

Really? 142+, not 142. Who else is using it?

Wookster

I think the + is a Spesh only thing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

142×12 or something different?

warpcow
    Free Member

142+ is just about the distance between the hub flanges. Everything else is the same and would fit any frame with a 142 rear.

vinnyeh

Ok, thanks, but just trying to confirm whether the wheels will or won’t fit a normal 142 frame.

ndg
    Free Member

I wasn’t convinced 142+ wheels wound work with a 142 frame. I think 142 wheels will work with a 142+ frame – but google it, I found the info a few weeks ago.

jonwebb

Normal 142mm wheels will work with any 142 frame including Specialized 142+. Specialized 142+ wheels won’t work in any frame except Specialized 142+ frame. I guess the small sprocket will mush against the frame. Nice work, Specialized.

http://justridingalong.com/docs/roval-compatibility.pdf

vinnyeh

cheers Jon, just found that doc on the Specialized site as well. So. looks like the endcap on the drive side is 2mm shorter on the +, so won’t fit.

orangeboy
    Free Member

Seeing as Spesh wheels are utter tosh this should not cause to many issues for people
    142+ Spesh frames are just fine with any 142 wheel set

Superficial
    Free Member

That’s **** ridiculous.

cookeaa

I take it “142+” is to accommodate a bastardised capreo cassette for the works demos and such like?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

well there goes Specialized down the same path as Scott Sh*te, Oh look my proprietary part has broken on a week long holiday, guess I’ll need a new bike or go home then…

Wookster

Well got a set of 142 + Rovals in the garage never used if you want a spare set? 8)

andyl
    Free Member

so the only difference is the cassette is 2mm further out?

amt27
    Free Member

didn’t realise this, my Epic 29er came with a 142+ hub, which fell apart after not very long, replaced under warranty with an Shimano XT 142 hub,

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘142+’ is closed to new replies.