Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,032 total)
  • "1,400 children were subjected to "appalling" sexual exploitation in Rotherham"
  • scotroutes

Janners dementia hasn’t stopped him from renewing his membership of the House of Lords.

hora
    Free Member

Stoner if you are a victim of repeated sex abuse as a child and by an establishment figure who is seemingly still being protected even now- what would you do? Would you risk your savings, your house, everything on the fear of losing on some created technicality?

Victims are victims. It seems they will continue to have this reinforced on them.

PJM1974
    Free Member

I wonder if Jenner really is suffering from Dementia. Hes probably suffering from age related issues however the character, a Doctor erring on the side of caution. Who knows?

Well, despite apparently suffering from Dementia to the degree that he couldn’t understand the charges brought against him, Janner has signed a letter indicating that he’d like to remain in the House of Lords, the highest law court in the land…

…make of that what you will.

I’m convinced that we’ll only nail miscreant MPs posthumously, there will never be one brought to trial for kiddy-fiddling alive.

hora
    Free Member

I’m convinced that we’ll only nail miscreant MPs posthumously, there will never be one brought to trial for kiddy-fiddling alive.

With their family standing by their inheritance. TBH though for a child, I can understand it’d be pretty hard to stomach/take in/comprehend that your Father or Mother could have been a Paedophile so I can understand if his family stand by him. Partly out of denial.

scaredypants

Stoner – Member

Why don’t the victims just publish all the evidence and claims they wish and leave it to janner to sue and defend in court. If the threshold of proof is only balance of probabilities and cps have conceded there’s enough evidence to warrant a charge, then they’re probably on safe ground, although I know the evidence tests are not the same.
    Or I imagine they could pursue damages in a civil court – I’d guessed that was where we’d end up

mefty
    Free Member

the highest law court in the land..

Not any more, the judicial function of the HoL has been replaced by the Supreme Court.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Claims of high profile paedophile rings involving politicians, judges, senior police and military figures have sufficient credibility for BBC World at One to do a detailed report over several days…

here is the 1st part:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02qmvpm

Like Jimmy Savile and Peter Ball, Charles Hornby was a friend of Prince Charles, Lord Mountbatten is also alleged to have been involved:

The Playland Cover-Up

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Here’s part 2:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02qpw96

Part 3 will be on BBC Radio 4 from 1pm today…

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Here is part 3 of David’s story of abuse parties involving high ranking members of the military, politicians and other VIPs:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02qsds5

As an example of just how high in the hierarchy such figures are, here is a picture of Lord Bramall at Princess Diana’s Wedding (next to Leon Brittan)

Another pic of Lord Bramall:

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

It appears the new Secretary of State for Justice/Lord Chancellor Michael Gove is quite well acquainted with Lord Janner:

We’ll have to see whether this has any impact on justice…

grum
    Free Member

Nicked off a friend on FB:

‘Interesting.

Not only has Cameron appointed Gove, who has previously declared that there is no need for a public enquiry into the Whitehall paedophilia scandal, as Justice Minister, but the person he has appointed as Culture Minister became Leon Brittan’s special advisor just after Brittan moved from the Home Office. This was a couple of months after Brittan received the dossier of evidence from Dickens about the paedophile ring allegations, the one that got “lost”. Brittan has since been subject of some direct allegations. OH, nearly forgot, the same Culture Minister (John Whittingdale) has a half-brother who was an organiser of the Paedophile Information Exchange, and was jailed for 13 years for sexual assaults on “a quarter” of the boys at the school where he worked as a teacher.

Of course, guilt by association and nasty insinuations. But they’re not a nice bunch, are they?’

jambalaya
    Free Member

The existing inquiry is more than adequate. It does not require a public inquiry.

The thread seems to have gotten derailed from the specific documented abuse of 1400 children in Rotherham with the government taking over control of the discredited council to became an innuendo photo thread.

grum
    Free Member

The existing inquiry is more than adequate.

Many of the victims and their families don’t seem to think so.

binners

Seriously fella…. what planet do you live on? Have you actually been observing its activities?

Its been (being generous and non-conspiratorial) a Laurel and Hardy-esque model of utter incompetence, and cold indifference from day one. And the victims groups have already stated that they have no confidence left in it to resolve any of the issues, and a lot have withdrawn their co-operation completely

Thats ‘adequate’ in your eyes is it?

We’re talking about the destruction of peoples lives on an industrial scale, and the response of the state once its finally dragged into doing anything at all, is this shambles? And thats ‘adequate, is it?

How would you feel if it was one of your family looking for justice, and observing this absolute farce?

And anyway… as a civilised society, shouldn’t we aspire to do a little more than whats ‘adequate’ on issues such as this? 🙄

grum
    Free Member

Yup – one of the more offensive and ridiculous things that jambalaya has come out with out of a list of many. The Tories (and Israel) truly can do no wrong in his eyes.

jambalaya
    Free Member

@binners, the destruction of lives on an industrial scale is Rotherham you are referring to yes ? The discussion here is mixed between Rotherham (very much a Labour party issue in regard to the political angle) and the alleged “Westminster” pedophile ring which has a variety of names/political party members dragged into the allegations. Perhaps I haven’t been following things as closely as you (feel free to post some links since the appointment and I’ll read them) but May has appointed a judge from New Zealand with experience in such investigations to lead the inquiry, frankly I don’t see what more she could have done. Any UK judge (and it has to be a judge IMO) would have the “establishment” tag thrown at them.

I hope the inquiry is followed by appropriate legal action against all those involved in Rotherham, the perpetrators and the police and local politicians who covered it up and ignored it. If it’s found the issue extends outside Rotherham (and similarly for Oxfordshire) then similar prosecutions should take place if there is evidence. Likewise for the “Westminster” allegations.

badnewz
    Free Member

Tony Blair understood the true value of announcing an inquiry was the fact it meant enough time passed for the public to eventually care less and less about the original crime/misdeeds.
    We also have a minefield of a legal system which makes the prosecution of those who covered up the abuse in Oxfordshire and Rotherham extremely unlikely.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Let us not forget that New Zealand is a commonwealth realm and as such is a monarchy, with the Queen as head of state… in itself this is cause for concern, however, Judge Goddard’s ties to the British Establishment run far deeper than that.

For one, she worked closely with the Privy Council for several years:

for example

even though

it was not until October 2003 that New Zealand law was changed to abolish appeals to the Privy Council in respect of all cases heard by the Court of Appeal of New Zealand after the end of 2003, in favour of a Supreme Court of New Zealand. In 2008, Prime Minister John Key ruled out any abolition of the Supreme Court and return to the Privy Council.[37]

Despite the change to the law, the Privy Council has been involved in the New Zealand judicial system far more recently:

Judgment was delivered on 3 March 2015 in the last appeal from New Zealand to be heard by the Judicial Committee of the Privy Council.

Quite aside from that, we also have the small matter of Lowell Goddard’s first husband, with whom she had a daughter and with whom she remains on good terms, Sir Johnny Scott, who is well acquainted with none other than Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall.

Now, aside from the obvious:

We should also bear in mind that Camilla (as well as Prince Charles, Prince Andrew, David Cameron etc etc) is a good friend of Derek Laud, who along with dodgy deals in South Africa is also allegedly deeply linked to abuse at Dolphin Square and the procurement and trafficking of kids from carehomes across the country.

Still not convinced?

Remember there was talk of the Keeper of the Palace of Holyroodhouse having an Auntie with a funny plughole recently?

The Southern Hemisphere does funny things to the vortex…

Junkyard
    Free Member

😯

Crumbs almost everyine involved in failing to organise it has apologised for it being such a mess and then you say this. As binners note a Bonkers interpretation of the shit storm it has been.

but May has appointed a judge from New Zealand with experience in such investigations to lead the inquiry, frankly I don’t see what more she could have done

I may be going out on a limb here but I think not having the first two choices have to resign/stand down falls within the realms of “what more she could have done”
    Bizarre even by your standards

Lets not try and turn it into a party political issue as that is as cheap as it is unsavoury given what we are discussing.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Lets not try and turn it into a party political issue as that is as cheap as it is unsavoury given what we are discussing.

I take your point on this, well made. I got sucked in as I do believe the Brittain allegations are politically motivated.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Do you feel similarly about the allegations around Greville Janner, Cyril Smith and his friend Jimmy Savile?

Strange that like Greville Janner:

Now it can also be revealed the alleged paedophile used his holiday home on the south coast to entertain teenage boys, according to former neighbours.

The Labour grandee was a regular visitor to the flat in a discreet gated block with stunning sea views until it was sold last year.

The peer bought his two-bedroom holiday apartment in the upmarket East Cliff area of Bournemouth in 1987.

One former neighbour, who did not want to be named, said: ‘He was sometimes seen at the flat with much younger boys in their teens or early 20s.

and David Atkinson (Bournemouth’s MP for the best part of 30 years and mentioned in the piece on Derek Laud, David Cameron etc’s dodgy deals in South Africa):

He said his father had been “predatory and prolific”, adding: “It was clear from the paperwork we found and the lifestyle he led that yes, those words applied to him.”

Mrs Pilsworth told the Daily Mail at the weekend that she had no inkling of her husband’s homosexuality until 1990, when the footballer Justin Fashanu came out as gay.

Jimmy Savile also liked to frequent Bournemouth

Jane Portman, executive director for adults and children at Bournemouth Borough Council, said the investigation into the claim has now been completed, but the findings would not be made public until reviewed by the Department for Education.

She said: “A thorough and detailed investigation has been carried out into an alleged historical incident in a children’s home in the Bournemouth area which was referred to us as part of the Metropolitan Police’s national Operation Yewtree.

The former BBC Radio 1 DJ bought a flat on the East Cliff and moved in during April 1972.

He kept the flat and visited occasionally where he was often seen running along the promenade.

crankboy
    Free Member

“THE family of former Bournemouth East MP David Atkinson have claimed he led a secret life which included a string of affairs with men.”
    Why JHJ do you link homosexuals to paedophiles ?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Why don’t you read the article properly?

The former MP’s son also said he had contacted Labour MP Tom Watson, who has raised concerns about a paedophile ring around Westminster.

MoreCashThanDash

Being gay and liking younger men does not automatically make you part of a peadophile ring. Thought we’d moved on from that sort of nonsense

crankboy
    Free Member

“Why don’t you read the article properly?”
    I did and others, why didn’t you? Not one suggestion of paedophilia not one accusation of paedophilia no evidence of paedophilia. The wording of the article is clear the son spoke to Tom Watson no more than that . Again why do you seek to link Homosexuality and paedophilia?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

David Atkinson’s son, who undoubtedly knows far more than has been published, saw fit to pursue further investigation as regards paedophilia.

Reading between the lines:

He said his father had been “predatory and prolific”

…even if it did come as a shock that your father had concealed a homosexual double life, it doesn’t seem that likely that you’d increase the dishonour on your family by encouraging further investigation into paedophilia without ample justification.

That’s before you factor in his links to Derek Laud and the like…

nemesis
    Free Member

Still howling at the moon, I see jhj.

As I said a few pages back, your conjecture and attempts to use it as proof/evidence isn’t doing the credibility of your case much good.

Not to mention your seemingly homophobic stance above which I hope is just a case of you getting carried away rather than deliberate. Gay men being attracted to younger men is not illegal and the suggestion that being attracted to younger men means that they are automatically attracted to (and acting on the attraction) to boys under the age of consent is as wrong as suggesting that men who have young women as gfs/wives are also attracted to girls.

EDIT since you’ve posted in the mean time.

Reading between the lines:

Conjecture.

He said his father had been “predatory and prolific”

I know (straight and gay) blokes who I would describe as predatory and prolific. They’re still not into kids.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I suggest you read the article and the thread thoroughly nemesis…

The former MP’s son also said he had contacted Labour MP Tom Watson, who has raised concerns about a paedophile ring around Westminster.

Not conjured up from hysteria or prejudice, just good old fashioned reasoning, my dear Watson…

nemesis
    Free Member

Reasoning is not proof. It’s conjecture.

MoreCashThanDash

I suspect that lots of Tom Watsons constituents contacted him, but that doesn’t mean that the person they contacted him about was a paedophile.

You either have other info you are not sharing, or you are making assumptions and allegations on flimsy “evidence”.

The cause you are trying to further is noble, the way you try to do it does the victims no favours.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

There is nothing to suggest David Atkinson’s son is a constituent of Tom Watson, being as Tom’s constituency is West Bromich East…

nemesis
    Free Member

I imagine that you’re right about the subject of DA’s son contacting TW but it’s still conjecture and it could as much be DA’s son trying to understand the facts (ie whether his Dad actually did do dodgy things or just looked like he might have done because of his ‘predatory and prolific’ behaviour with, as far as we know right now, people of legal age) as believing that his Dad actually did something dodgy.

The point being, you’re still stating things as fact when they’re not.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

I haven’t stated anything as fact, though I stand by my reasoning…

nemesis
    Free Member

Great. So we’re now agreed that you’re just guessing and all of your linking a to b to c to d is just conjecture on what that actually means.

Junkyard
    Free Member

It does not say WHY he contacted him nor does it say he made specific allegations about anyone let alone about his own Dad
    As if further proof was needed that your reasoning was flawed

You really need to show what he contacted him about and then that it was true before we can even say anything all we have is someone spoke to someone about something. Its some way short of either proof or reasoning.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Nope, no mention of why he contacted him…

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard contacted Brant Richards, who has designed bikes for a number of years

I assume that also tells you what we talked about….face palm

This is really basic comprehension stuff.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Why was it even mentioned in the article then?

scotroutes

What are you getting?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

Steady on scotroutes, that could be construed as unreasonable conjecture!!

Viewing 40 posts - 641 through 680 (of 1,032 total)

The topic ‘"1,400 children were subjected to "appalling" sexual exploitation in Rotherham"’ is closed to new replies.