Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 12 or 24 hour races in July/August
  • munrobiker
    Free Member

With 10 at Kirro and Llandegla gone, what races should I do instead? I was hoping to do the Puffer Lite or 24/12 but I’m away that weekend. What alternatives does that leave me?

I’m not doing MM or SITs because the courses are awful and don’t seem designed to cope with rain, but are there any others I may not have heard of? I know there’s one on the Isle of Mann but getting to the beggar is very expensive. I would prefer something with some hills and that won’t be a total mud bath.

Thanks for your help.

pushbikerider
    Free Member

…the Bontrager 12/24 is excellent – and doesn’t turn into a total crapfest at a drop of water 🙂
    Being in Plymouth though it might be a bit of a trek for you…

munrobiker
    Free Member

Pushbikerrider- I’m in the middle of the country so not too worried about drives, but I’m not around that weekend.

Adam_Buckland
    Free Member

Munro, have a look at the Torq 12:12 that is run by Gorrick, I don’t know where you are but it’s in Hampshire, about 20mins East fn Basingstoke. It’s not overly hilly but there’s just enough elevation to make it really good fun. Most of it is great woodland singletrack, usual Gorrick standards…

pushbikerider
    Free Member

Ahh, for shame! It’s the one 24hr course/race I’d really recommend, pop it in your diary for next year…

njee20
    Free Member

12:12 is good fun, August bank holiday weekend. About 400 yards from the M3 too, so easy to get to.

munrobiker
    Free Member

Any more?

pete68
    Free Member

Nothing different but another shout for the Torq 12-12. Good course which is pretty weather resistant as well.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘12 or 24 hour races in July/August’ is closed to new replies.