• This topic has 66 replies, 48 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by aussieswede-spam.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)
  • £107 million on Euro millions tonight
  • martinm116
    Free Member

What would you spend your winnings on?

Think you would earn roughly 11k a day in interest by the way. 🙂

AlexSimon

Every day could be ‘new bike day’ 🙂

chunkypaul
    Free Member

What would you spend your winnings on?

Wales

Ro5ey
    Free Member

I have my £4.20 winnings to reinvest from tuesday’s draw.

But I’m not that greedy

The odd 7 mill will for me please.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Chunkypaul, how much of that would be for the evictions and building the mother of all garden fences?

AlexSimon

A more honest answer from me would be to buy a house in england, a house in new zealand, a lotus elise, a custom built Campervan and then share a load of it out between family and friends.

Or..
    Maybe I could lobby the government to NOT take bribes from corporations.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Maybe I could lobbybribe the government to NOT take bribes from corporations.

😉

I’d have a large swathe of Wiltshire, a couple of nice cars and a very nice life, thanks. Oh, and would give about half of it away to family, friends and selected charities.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d buy STW and close it down.

molgrips
    Free Member

Let’s see. Firstly I’d spend some money on a phone call to work to tell them not to expect me in ever again.

Then I’d jump in the car and drive home, staying in a luxury hotel or two on the way. I’d pay someone to move our stuff back from the German flat and have someone clean it.

Then I’d phone Nationwide and settle up with them, and also Halifax and other assorted creditors.

Now settled, I’d maybe get myself down to an Audi dealer and treat myself to a nice diesel A5. Whatever they had on the lot, if it wasn’t specced right I’d have it upgraded later. If they didn’t have what I wanted maybe I’d pay a visit to the Jag dealer instead for an XF.

Then using said new car I’d drive down to Heathrow, walk up to the BA counter and ask them to put me on the next flight to Chicago, first class. On landing I’d have a limo take us to Mrs Grips family. There, I’d buy a house in their town (or poss out by the lake) and a nice car.. Making sure there’s enough room there to store an RV for American road trips. I’d probably then send some plane tickets to my family so they could come over too. Then I’d have a barbecue installed and have lots of cook-outs with beers and brats and everyone could come over and have a good time 🙂

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i would move to a quite little village in surrey. buy some land build some trails. and have 1 massive party. donate 5 mil to help for hero’s and 2 mil to Herne Hill velodrome to kick start there regeneration campaign. pay may mates and families debts. get a few fast cars live of the interest!

Torminalis
    Free Member

Imagine the turnip I could buy….

[dreams]

molgrips
    Free Member

Longer term I would definitely buy some land for a trail centre, and also build a velodrome.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d just make sure all my friends and family had no financial worries for the rest of their lives and we could all enjoy the winnings together. Who’d want to have to enjoy it with today’s rich?!?

backhander
    Free Member

Build an off grid lakeside property in Nelson BC, buy a nice apartment in Vancouver and a nice house in Whistler. Land rover defender and a maserati quattroporte. Maybe buy a bike shop as a hobby.
    Take the family to Necker island, BVI. Pay family and friends debts.
    Lots of bikes, lots of holidays. I wouldn’t be planning to spend much time at all in the UK. My charities of choice would have some nice surprises also.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

I’d buy Rangers and Celtic and force them to amalgamate 🙂

backhander
    Free Member

Liking that one DD 😀

maccruiskeen

molgrips – Member
    Let’s see. Firstly I’d spend some money on a phone call to work to tell them not to expect me in ever again.

Then I’d jump in the car and drive home, staying in a luxury hotel or two on the way. I’d pay someone to move our stuff back from the German flat and have someone clean it.

Then I’d phone Nationwide and settle up with them, and also Halifax and other assorted creditors.

Now settled, I’d maybe get myself down to an Audi dealer and treat myself to a nice diesel A5. Whatever they had on the lot, if it wasn’t specced right I’d have it upgraded later. If they didn’t have what I wanted maybe I’d pay a visit to the Jag dealer instead for an XF.

Then using said new car I’d drive down to Heathrow, walk up to the BA counter and ask them to put me on the next flight to Chicago, first class. On landing I’d have a limo take us to Mrs Grips family. There, I’d buy a house in their town (or poss out by the lake) and a nice car.. Making sure there’s enough room there to store an RV for American road trips. I’d probably then send some plane tickets to my family so they could come over too. Then I’d have a barbecue installed and have lots of cook-outs with beers and brats and everyone could come over and have a good time

Loving the use of the word “probably” in the second to last sentence. 🙂 I’m sure they’d appreciate that sentiment!

I remember back when the lottery first started up, me and my girlfriend at the time bought our tickets for the first draw and I asked her what she’d spend the money of if she won. She started with “First I’d pay you off, then……” I didn’t really pay attention to the rest.

molgrips
    Free Member

Well they might not be free. I don’t want to send tickets that won’t get used 🙂

martinm116
    Free Member

What’s the going rate for your own personal trail centre do you think?
    Couple of million?

Kato

I would live in a hollowed out volcano and employ a lot of minions in orange jumpsuits

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Kato – Member
    I would live in a hollowed out volcano and employ a lot of minions in orange jumpsuits

So, you wouldn’t change a thing then?

😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

Fantasy Winnings eh..

So, First things first.. get outa here. I’d buy a very large camper and stick a Smart car on the back of it. Buy a Stork Hardtail MTB and Roadie, fill my wardrobe with more Rapha.. D&G/Tods yadda yadda..
    Then travel starting in Norway (thanks Julia) travelling down through Northern Europe into our bit then back over to France/Germany/Austria/Hungary/Italy and go back over to the Dolomites etc. I’d stay in some pretty swanky new age retreats along the way, then spend some time buying a place in Verese (Lombardia) then pootle off down middle Italy way possibly buying a place near Ovietto/Florence..I’d stay over in Naples then carry on down the boot. I’d then buy a boat, a Swan 50ft’er and do some cruising around livaboard stylee, ending up in Valencia. From there I’d pick up the camper again and do Andalucia and stay in Sevilla for some time. I may buy another place here, why not, then hey I’d start a business of some sort.
    My parents are no longer around, my Sis and here rabble would be well looked after so too the remaining Aunt and cousins (though I’d not go too far with this)
    I’d be hoping my new GF (of 6mths) would be along for the ride too, but thats early days and wouldn’t want her to think of me as some sort of money pit, although I technically would be, hahaha.
    Debt..erm don’t have any so thats covered.
    I’d love to sponsor an Artist, Sculpture more than likely.
    Cars.. erm.. nah not for me really, I’d probably buy a Porka GT3RS to drive and a Q7 for normal driving, but I’d be happy with the Smart for daily use.
    Charity wise I’d rather spend time helping than fund some huge loss bucket full of corruption.
    I’d have my teeth fixed, hahaha

hmmm.. yup, I’d do all of those.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I’d get a bottle of scotch, some prawns in salt and chili, ring the wife’s work to tell them she was not coming there again, buy a nice house, not sure where, buy a car, unsure which one, go on holidays. I’d set up a pension for my folks and the out-laws too, help the family. And I’d buy a Fiat Punto 1.3 for my brother, he believes they are the best cars ever 😀
    I’d buy a bike or two, some lessons from Jedi, give something to BBB2011.
    And I’d probably become insane from not knowing what else I want.

portlyone

I’d cash it all in, buy lots of gold coins and turn my living room into a swimming pool.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

You guys have no imagination! Charity? Family?

1) Private Jet

2) Private Island, somewhere sunny, with a great big hill, chairlift, awesome surf and a runway for the jet.

3) Big ammerican style ‘motorhome’ like the one of top gear with the sportscar underneath!

4) Castle, because houses are for the proles.

5) Every dirt jump site, downhill track or local trails group in the UK its own mini digger, wacker plate and unlimited credit at Buildbase.

6) Underground heating system for Whistler bike park so they can keep the pesky skiers off the trails in winter.

BigJohn

Bugger. I only came on this thread to see if you’d got the numbers. That’s 17 seconds of my life…insert cliche..

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Hmm a few bikes, some training, a house on a beach, a house on a moor, a big 4X4 to freight all the bikes and family about with, some to animal charities, some to armed forces/ex servicemen charities, a bit to family and friends.

oh and I’d have a huge Imperial secret bunker somewhere (and crossbows for when the zombie apocalypse arrives).

molgrips
    Free Member

1) Private Jet

2) Private Island, somewhere sunny, with a great big hill, chairlift, awesome surf and a runway for the jet.

Er, £107m isn’t going to get you quite that far!

epicyclo

deadlydarcy – Member
    I’d buy Rangers and Celtic and force them to amalgamate

Great idea, but even better – disband them and turn their grounds into Velodromes.

Maybe form 2 clubs, one in green, the other in blue, etc. Nah, that wouldn’t work.

scruff
    Free Member

Ti Dialled Alpine with lower BB and every carbon SC frame please. House in Switzerland and one in Whislter. I might even upgrade my phone.

molgrips
    Free Member

Longer term, I think I’d start a business (bike shop maybe) and employ my friends to work in it. Well, I say work, I’d employ other people to actually run it, but we’d just swan in and out, raid the stock and take huge holidays.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’d probably go part time at work.

thegreatape
    Free Member

And get the boys in the office one of those Lamborghini police cars and some decent life insurance.

piha
    Free Member

£107 million is a lot of money and it is more than one really needs.

I’d do the usual thing of looking after family and friends, clear debts etc and I would then set up my own charity.
    The charity would help people in third world countries help themselves. It would start small projects to bring the likes of clean water, healthcare, education and hygiene to small communities that needed them. Local people would be encouraged to fully participate in the projects from start to finish.

Might buy an Intergrale as well – vrrrrroommmm!

monkey_boy
    Free Member

i havent read most of the above

that amount of money to be won by one person is totally stupid!

they should split it down and make hundreds of people better off!

molgrips
    Free Member

Philanthropy goes without saying. It’s not so much fun to talk about on this kind of thread 🙂

joao3v16
    Free Member

*sigh* £107 million and none of us can think beyond looking after #1 & families/friends…

(climbs down from moral high ground)

😉

chamley
    Free Member

I used to work in a Threshers with a lottery machine. Everytime it was a big euro rollover week the number buying tickets would treble and they’d all say something like “when it’s that much money, you have to buy a ticket!”. Really?! Because the usual £10m wouldn’t change your life??!!

As above though, buy all the loved ones a house etc, spread it around a bit and then spend the rest of my days doing what i enjoy!

molgrips
    Free Member

*sigh* £107 million and none of us can think beyond looking after #1 & families/friends…

None of us are posting that.

Philanthropy and philosophy are essential but not that much fun to talk about.. hence this thread I suspect.

Chamley – I worked with a bloke who would only play euromillions, because the UK lottery jackpot wasn’t enough. Despite him being 50 times less likley to win.

highclimber
    Free Member

really good odds too 😯 : 1 /116,531,800. !!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘£107 million on Euro millions tonight’ is closed to new replies.