Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • £1000 for a Full Sus – any recommendations?
  • alwillz
    Free Member

Evening,

Im looking for my first full sus, and have £1k to spend – currently looking at the Boardman Team (£899) and also a secondhand Specialized StumpJumper.

Any advice welcome!

Cheers
    Al

jsync

I have something that may be of interest, what’s your email address?

bruneep

mates orange strange if you can stretch to £1500 😉

18″ TOP TUBE WITH 16″ SEAL TUBE

br
    Free Member

Fuel EX 9.9 in the classifieds

nwill1
    Free Member

You should have got an Orange Gyro yesterday for £1200!!

drovercycles
    Free Member

Merida One Twenty is just over that. Those Orange 29ers on the recent PSA are insanely good value if they’re your size. Second-hand will generally be better value at that price point though.

Fozlett

Might have an Ibis Mojo (19″) for sale soon if you’re interested.

ads678

Have a look on the commencal web site. Theres some bargains on there.

gavstorie
    Free Member

Giant are releasing a new 1k full sus.. Check out their website.. It doesn’t look bad at all.

glasgowdan
    Free Member

“Full sus” is a very general term. What kind of bike exactly do you want?

prettygreenparrot

a medium 2003 Orange sub 5 Pro in silver with RS revelation remote shocks and a fifth element coil?

cookci
    Free Member

Would a Scott genius carbon be worth a purchase?

alwillz
    Free Member

I’ve basically got a grand to spend and unfortunately it needs to be from a shop as it’s via my own business, so I need a full receipt (for tax purposes!!). But thanks for the replies anyway.

I’ve just got into MTBing and have started going on trails, mainly red runs but a fee blacks so I’ve sold my Boardman hardtail to upgrade.

Not looking for anything too lavish. Just well built, decent spec and with Full Sus.

The Boardmans look good, but have herd bad reports on parts wearing really quickly

Cheers
    Al

wassock73
    Free Member

Giant Anthem X2 on Pauls cycles (£700 off the RRP that no-one really paid but still…) – great bike

adrec
    Free Member

+1 for the Pauls cycles/pedalon giant trance. Awesome bikes. (Trance owner and I’d get another tomorrow if something happened to it)

jsync

Giant Stance is the new 1k one

glasgowdan
    Free Member

For general trail centre bimbling I’d say a 120-140 bike. Agree with the trance. Cube do some decent budget bikes too.

br
    Free Member

I’ve basically got a grand to spend and unfortunately it needs to be from a shop as it’s via my own business, so I need a full receipt (for tax purposes!!). But thanks for the replies anyway.

Surely you only need a ‘full’ receipt if you want to claim the VAT back, otherwise a ‘normal’ receipt (ie, sold by…) would be fine.

No different to buying a s/h vehicle/machine etc.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

Go for the boardman not heard any issues with parts wearing quickly there the same parts as any other bike. Good fork for the price.

Only thing I’ve say is with 319 + 650b the wheels are likely to be fairly heavy.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘£1000 for a Full Sus – any recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.